Brooklyn's Finest

Tools    

anyone seen trailer to this it looks really good movie. The cast is a good line up and its from makers of training day.

anyone know the release date.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Ive seen the trailer and it does indeed look like a very good movie, im looking forward to seeing it

Brooklyn's Finest is a 2010 American crime film starring Richard Gere, Don Cheadle, Ethan Hawke, and Wesley Snipes. It is directed by Antoine Fuqua, and written by Michael C. Martin, a one-time subway flagger from East New York.[2] It was the first film to sell at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival, for a sales price of "under 5 million dollars."[3] The film was released in North America on March 5, 2010.

Brooklyn's Finest

It wasn't training day, though it certainly had elements in which you felt...This is some good **** here

3 1/2 stars.

Wow. This film had soooo much potential. The multiple storylines intersected alright, but it was weak, weak, weak. There wasn't an original thing about this film. I am a big Fuqua fan and I felt totally let down. It wasn't TRAINING DAY, and it wasn't even close. It was good to see Snipes back in a role that he could own, but seriously...how many times have we seen that one?
Richard Gere was wasted. He was basically doing what Bruce Willis did in 16 BLOCKS.
Don Cheadle was basically doing a tight squeeze of the Leo role from the DEPARTED which was stolen from INFERNAL AFFAIRS.
Ethan Hawke was such an overplayed stereotype that it was bothersome. It was great to see Lili Taylor in a mainstream film though. I thought that the Hollywood machine forgot about her.

Best part of the film? It is all about Vincent D'Onofrio in the first few moments of it. That man chews up scenery like no other. he is a total chameleon.

There is more...but honestly, I think I saw this thing 6 months ago.

Wow. This film had soooo much potential. The multiple storylines intersected alright, but it was weak, weak, weak. There wasn't an original thing about this film. I am a big Fuqua fan and I felt totally let down. It wasn't TRAINING DAY, and it wasn't even close. It was good to see Snipes back in a role that he could own, but seriously...how many times have we seen that one?
Richard Gere was wasted. He was basically doing what Bruce Willis did in 16 BLOCKS.
Don Cheadle was basically doing a tight squeeze of the Leo role from the DEPARTED which was stolen from INFERNAL AFFAIRS.
Ethan Hawke was such an overplayed stereotype that it was bothersome. It was great to see Lili Taylor in a mainstream film though. I thought that the Hollywood machine forgot about her.

Best part of the film? It is all about Vincent D'Onofrio in the first few moments of it. That man chews up scenery like no other. he is a total chameleon.

There is more...but honestly, I think I saw this thing 6 months ago.
Personally, I thought the Ethan Hawke's character wasn't too bad. Overplayed? That's debatable? Though I enjoyed the confession scene, and how this Man was at breaking point with his life as a cop and Father, who is wondering how he will support his kids. When it would be so easy to steal this drug money, that only goes to the fat cats of the political system.

The opening scene was a knock out, and Vincent O'Onofrio played it well. As we both agree, it aint no training day, but it certainly wasn't weak, weak, weak!

The opening scene was a knock out, and Vincent O'Onofrio played it well. As we both agree, it aint no training day, but it certainly wasn't weak, weak, weak!
agreed, overall this movie didn't quite live up to what I expected but the police raid scenes were brutal, and I definitely feel for those cops who need to raise a family.

I really hope that Fuqua gets it together and knocks it out of the park again. TRAINING DAY was a gamechanger. Michael 10 is right. I overstepped. It isn't "weak, weak, weak" I was just primed to expect TRAINING DAY: THE EAST COAST and that wasn't where this was at. But boy was I hyped to see this when I first heard about it!

I said Hawke's character was overplayed because I can't count how many times I have seen cop movies where one cop has got family/money troubles and needs to score some cash quick in order to square up.