What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Picked up Children of Men... which was a blind buy as I still have not seen it...
Michael Caine's Willie Nelson impressions steal the show.

The latest DVD that I got into my collection is Avatar. It worth the place!

I was going to watch this for the first time a couple of weeks ago on TCM but something got in the way. So I'm glad I found it in a secondhand shop

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Picked up Children of Men... which was a blind buy as I still have not seen it...
Its an unconventional movie experience for sure. When I saw it the 1st time it reminded me a great deal of the Armageddonish flicks that used to star Charlton Heston in the 60's and 70s.

On a side note, I love the choices that Clive Owen has made career wise. Its awesome when an actor can't be pigeon-holed into a particular role.

We'll be watching Clive Owen movies for 30 years. He's the Gene Hackman of his generation.

Michael Caine's Willie Nelson impressions steal the show.
Its an unconventional movie experience for sure. When I saw it the 1st time it reminded me a great deal of the Armageddonish flicks that used to star Charlton Heston in the 60's and 70s.

On a side note, I love the choices that Clive Owen has made career wise. Its awesome when an actor can't be pigeon-holed into a particular role.

We'll be watching Clive Owen movies for 30 years. He's the Gene Hackman of his generation.

Still haven't had a chance to watch it yet... but will try to in the next few days... and I agree about Clive Owen... he's Hackman cool...

Last night I picked up...

The Flags of Our Fathers - blind buy
Sherlock Holmes
The Last King of Scotland - blind buy

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
Still haven't had a chance to watch it yet... but will try to in the next few days... and I agree about Clive Owen... he's Hackman cool...

Last night I picked up...

The Flags of Our Fathers - blind buy
Sherlock Holmes
The Last King of Scotland - blind buy
the last king of Scotland's a really good movie . Impressive performance from Forest Whitaker

"There's No F***ing Ice Cream In Your F***ing Future"

I finally decided that I'm too addicted to this show to not own it. So I splurged, just a little.

I also just traded in my Amazon Visa rewards points for a $25.00 gift card. When that arrives I'll be picking up I Wake Up Screaming and Fury At Furnace Creek. I need some more Mature in my collection.

I bought these two as a deal. Why I really bought these DVD's? Cos' I've read many posts about Denzels greatness from members, and these Movies I haven't seen...so, yeah!

It was about time time I saw it with my own very eyes.

I mainly bought this 3 DVD deal for the Exorcist, but it's been such a long time since I've seen the Friday the 13th and Poltergeist, I thought it worth while. I know I had the original Friday the 13th, but things get moved, lost, who the hell knows?

I like family orientated Movies on occasions, seen it and wouldn't really recommend it..

5 movies I got for my birthday a few weeks ago:

I like all 5 of these films but I mainly wanted this for the bizarre polemical comedy Three Resurrected Drunkards and the truly weird Japanese Summer: Double Suicide. I can't wait to rewatch these soon, as they are two of the most surprising and interesting movies I've seen on the big screen.

The other three are good as well but there are others of Oshima's films from this period that I would have rather had.

I would have placed any of the following before Sing a Song of Sex and Pleasures of the Flesh:

Death by Hanging
The Ceremony
Boy
The Sun's Burial
The Man Who Left His Will on Film
Diary of a Shinjuku Thief

Oh well, still good to see any of his films getting released.

The picture quality is apparently not quite what it could have been but I'm still nursing a semi...
This finally arrived yesterday. It's as sumptuous at on first appearance but I think that Castle Rock have missed a trick somewhat - That glossy book/sleeve could easy have been made just that little bit bigger (say, the size of a multi-disc case) and also included a copy of the play itself.

I suppose that the majority of interested parties would already own Billy S's most famous work anyway and maybe Castle Rock didn't want to highlight the couple of bits which didn't actually make it into the film (unlike those old BBC RSC VHS tapes).

EDIT - Having watched some of Wallander recently it struck me how ... well ... doughy Ken has become around the face.

EDIT - Having watched some of Wallander recently it struck me how ... well ... doughy Ken has become around the face.
Indeed he has. BTW, have you ever seen the original (Swedish) version of Wallander? Heartily recommended and, IMO, better, than our version.

Aye, but I've not seen a lot of it. Posted a bit about the BBC version on the TV Tab yesterday because I got the DVD recently - loving it but, as I found, in one episode doses.

Wallander is a great show...anyway...

I just couldn't resist the Dirty Harry ultimate collection for £12 today. Pre-owned but in mint condition.

I've been after the Dirty Harry collection on Blu Ray for a while but was waiting for it to drop a bit in price.

Just had a look on eBay and it's £27.99. I've got £30 in my Paypal account. Hmmmmm.

Anarchist within reason
Bought Solomon Kane yesterday. Wanted to see it for ages and I wan't disappointed, really good film
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Snatch, Rear Window, Clerks & Big. All terrific movies.

Moon - blind buy
Igby Goes Down - semi-blind buy
The Runaways
The Fall - blind buy
Iris - blind buy
Remember Me
Whip It (bought one for me and one for a cousin)