Favorite werewolf movie

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Werewolves are the best when it comes to "Creature Features", but which is the best? The Wolf Man (1941)? It's remake? Or is it the holy grail of horror effects American Werewolf In London? My vote is definitely for An American Werewolf In London, with an honourable mention for The Howling. What's your favorite lycanthrope feature?

The Twilight Saga. Namely Eclipse because it had the most Jacob. Can anyone say HAWT?

Funny thing about American Werewolf In London...Rick Baker was set up to do that flick but at the time it couldn't even get off the ground even though the script was written in 1969, and the guys from The Howling hired him to do their werewolf movie, so Baker was planning on using his on-screen one-take transformation for The Howling. After a week or so of working on all the stuff, the director from American Werewolf called him back with the finances, and he semi-reluctantly returned. Rob Bottin (Robocop, Legend, Total Recall, especially The Thing) then got assigned to The Howling. The Howling's on-screen transformation is done with a perfect clone of the actor with fluctuating "bones"

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
My favorite werewolf "movie" is not a screen movie at all, but rather a videogame which sounds odd I'm sure.

Back in the mid-1990's in computer gaming when Full Motion Video was all the rage, there was a jewell in the pile of coal that most of these games were and that was Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within. Very well acted, even by standards of movies, which I've seen plenty of worse acting in film. The story was highly developed by novelist and game designer Jane Jensen.

If you have a chance to check it out, by all means do so. I'm sure you can find a copy on ebay for just a few bucks, assuming these new computing machines can play a 15 year old game. I'm sure they can. And if you have 20 hours or so to spare and critical thinking skills give it a shot.

But yes I've not seen a werewolf film that even challenges for a second The Beast Within. Maybe An American Werewolf in London comes close, but still it's clearly second fiddle.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Of course it's An American Werewolf In London! There's barely another werewolf film worth mentioning.
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.

The Wolf Man has always been a favorite of mine as well. The Beast Must Die and Silver Bullet are some campy fun ones too.

Gingersnaps...Underworld...American Werewolf in London...those are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

Did anyone actually like the remake of The Wolf Man? Because not many people I know did. I liked it btw, but I think it could have been better. They could've cast someone better than Emily Blunt.

Did anyone actually like the remake of The Wolf Man? Because not many people I know did. I liked it btw, but I think it could have been better. They could've cast someone better than Emily Blunt.
I liked it, albeit mostly for the style. I wasn't too fond of Emily Blunt's performance either, but she didn't have enough screen time to become a distraction, and the rest of the cast she was featured with diverted most of the attention from her. I saw the Director's Cut BTW, which I believe runs about 15 minutes longer than the theatrical.

Of course it's An American Werewolf In London! There's barely another werewolf film worth mentioning.
uh
Gingersnaps...Underworld...American Werewolf in London...those are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.
And obviously The Wolfman, but I find Gingersnaps overlooked far too often, along with The Howling, which was far creepier than AWinL. Plus Underworld is useful if only for how they tell their tale of werewolves, plus with a cooler name.

Blood And Chocolate was entertaining but overall did little for the myth. Has anyone seen Dog Soldiers?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I liked the recent remake of The Wolfman But I dont know I was expecting more from the film, more gore maybe I dont know...

Off the top of my head I love Ginger Snaps, Underworld series and An American Werewolf in London. Im sure there are others but I cant think

Hands down...Teen Wolf. But seriously, American Werewolf in London and The Howling were pretty good.

Has anyone seen Dog Soldiers?

Love Dog Soliders... it is definitely on my list along with An American Werewolf in London... and Underworld...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Anarchist within reason
Dog Soldiers is definately my favourite Werewolf movie along with American Werewolf in London. Underworld was pretty good aswell.
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Underworld is a terrific film, but the sequels could have been way better. Especially Rise Of The Lycans. Please reply if you have any views or comments on this.