Superman

Tools    

Yea i am excited for this one! I hope its a good Superman, DC really doesnt make enough good movies.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Is this being released next year, or is it still in the making? Im a large superhero fan, i cant say ive had the chance to watch any Christopher Reed originals but i have enjoyed the remakes, even the TV show that was on a few years ago i used to watch religiously, this will be one of those films, i wont be able to miss and the move to have Anthony Hopkins in it was definatly without a doubt a good one

wow, yes, I definitely can't wait for this one.

I heard Keanu Reeves too but then read that Ratner wants an unknown this time…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Keanu Reeves would be a good choice, he has that Christopher Lambert voice of a wise hero and he has the young intense look, whoever is casting this film knows what they are looking for.

the best actor for Superman wouldnt be Keanu Reaves>
i dont know who but definately not him>

I think that's a good choice! He should definitely bulk up, but yeah, !

Originally posted by Ross14
well if you cant think of anyone better than you cant say he wouldnt be a good choice, sure a little more muscle and you would have a great superman, i would rather him than Arnold!

Morbida
Arnold that would be a joke...don't get me wrong I love Arnold's work but not superman...

the right actor to play superman is and always will be DEAN CAIN! (as a young superman, Tom Welling does a great job too though, but noone will ever beat DEAN)

Dean Cain???

A soap opera superman...

Is this a retelling of Superman with new look and feel? I thought Brendan Fraser was a bad enough choice than Keanu. Billy Zane already played The Phantom and he had the Superman body. Hugh Jackman is wrapped up in Wolverine gettup. Who else can be Supe?

If Hugh Grant was American and not a silly romantic comedic actor, he's got the Clark Kent dorkness down to a science.

Maybe a lesser unknown like Sasha Mitchell. Remeber the tv show Step by Step in the early 90's, he played Cody. He bowed out to become a kickboxer in the amateur circuit. He played as the youngest brother of Jean Claude Van Damme in Kickboxer3.

Sasha is now hulked out and was recently on tv's JAG as a Navy SEAL. I'd think he'd be good alternative because of his brawny superhero-like facial good looks.

How about Luke Wilson?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Luke Wilson...?

He was in Blue Streak with Martin Lawrence. He's a candidate, one of many hopefuls. How about Michael Pare? He played Sandra Bullock's estranged husband in Hope Floats.

Add Michael to the list. Anyone siding with David James Elliott from tv JAG (he plays Cdr Harmon Rabb)?

Heres another name, Adam Baldwin (no relation to Baldwin brothers). He played the Major in Independence Day. Another to consider, Michael T. Weiss of The Pretender.

Think of dark featured guys at least 6ft-2 that fit into Supe's boots.

How about Michael Madsen? Just picture him flying around, unshaven, with a cigarette dangling from his bottom lip. He notices the Hawkman flying around (played by Tom Sizemore), their eyes meet, and they both simultaneously give each other their best James Dean expression.

Well what about that guy from Tigerland? If he loses the attitude, and grows a heart, he could do it.

Originally posted by Ross14

Originally posted by LordSlaytan
How about Luke Wilson?

to ross14:...i agree...Keanu Reaves is a great actor in MY book but superman he is not...he doesn't have the look or the build...it would be like having *dread* dean cain as a movie superman
i dont' know who would be good but he would not

to LordSlaytan:.....LUKE WILSON?!?!?!?! oh hell no
that would be the end of superman movies as we know it

he could not act his way out of a paper bag the only thing he van play is bill and ted movies "huh yeah"thats the only line the guy says bruce cambell would be a great choice from evil deaD

Keanu Reeves is a good actor, and the only one who could play Neo (Matrix for anyone who doesn't know!) But he doesn't portray the personality needed for Clark Kent and Superman. Michael T. Weiss is a good idea...Casy Affleck has the quirkiness needed for Clark Kent, or Ben Browder from Farscape, with glasses it could work. Bruce Campbell could definately work. But I don't know, that's a hard one, but I strongly disagree with the choice of Keanu Reeves.