Youth in Revolt

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

While his trailer trash parents teeter on the edge of divorce, 14-year-old Nick sets his sights on dream girl Sheeni Saunders, hoping that she'll be the one to take away his virginity.

Just caught this trailer on Youtube while surfing and got to say, this does look funny, I like that we get to see Cera in a Cera role, and then in a completely absurd non-Cera role. Even if that plot description makes him sound like a creep.

All the info you could ever want and more is HERE.

Hope the movie is better than the trailer

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This looks hilarious, the attemted suicide is awesome

Probably won't go to the theater to see it but might check it out on DVD because the suicide scene really was hilarious...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Youth in Revolt Moved to January 15, 2010

The Weinstein Company has just announced they’re moving Youth in Revolt to January 15, 2010 from their previously announced October release date. The film is based on acclaimed novel by C.D. Payne and it’s the story of Nick Twisp - a teen with a taste for the finer things in life like Sinatra and Fellini - and he’s played by Michael Cera.

A possible reason the film moved is The Weinstein Company has a few “Oscar” films this year (The Road, A Single Man, Rob Marshall’s Nine) and they might not have the resources to spend on promoting Youth in Revolt. Also, it’s already the middle of September and I haven’t seen any posters or promotional stuff on “Youth”, so a January release might be better. Add to that, the buzz in Toronto was quite good for the film, and with a January release they might be able to work the college circuit and build more advance buzz.

Here’s the full synopsis and cast list:

In the tradition of Catcher in the Rye, and starring Michael Cera (also of the Oscar winning film, Juno, and Superbad), Youth in Revolt is a coming-of-age comedy that puts a fresh and outrageous stamp on a tale of adolescent obsession and rebellion. Based on the acclaimed novel by C.D. Payne, Youth in Revolt is the story of Nick Twisp - a unique, but affable teen with a taste for the finer things in life like Sinatra and Fellini - who falls hopelessly in love with the beautiful, free-spirited Sheeni Saunders (Portia Doubleday) while on a family vacation. But family, geography and jealous ex-lovers conspire to keep these two apart. With Sheeni’s encouragement, Nick abandons his dull, predictable life and develops a rebellious alter ego: Francois. With his ascot, his moustache and his cigarette, Francois will stop at nothing to be with Sheeni, and leads Nick Twisp on a path of destruction with unpredictable and uproarious consequences. The film also Justin Long, Ray Liotta, Steve Buscemi, Jean Smart, Fred Willard and Zach Galifianakis

Source: Collider

I like the poster and the trailer actually caught my interest... I'd see it. Why am I always attracted to the movies nobody wants to see?

I'm definately going to see this. Michael Cera couldn't be any more adorable.

I am half agony, half hope.
They're going to show this at the AFI Fest this November. It looks fun.

Johann von Goethe

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Just saw this one. I really hoped for more edge and dark humor, but it turned out to be just another average cute Michael Cera flick. Portia Doubleday was adorable though.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Started watching it this evening but the guys I was watching with were uncultured idiots that think Transformers 1 and 2 are gods gift to the world. From what I saw it seemed quite funny, pretty standard Cera humour but I enjoy his awkward style of comedy. I'll watch the whole thing and review it properly sometime.

I love Youth in Revolt. I was one of the few humans who actually saw it in the theater, but I laughed like crazy and have watched it a few more times since it debuted on DVD a couple weeks ago.

But, to each their own.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Just saw this one. I really hoped for more edge and dark humor, but it turned out to be just another average cute Michael Cera flick. Portia Doubleday was adorable though.
I couldn't of said it better myself!

Watched it the other night, with no bias or preconceptions, though it fell dramatically short IMO. If Michael Cera is willing to be type-casted in these rolls, his performances will have to improve with each performance. The only guiding light to this Film was his alter-ego....the Director should of played on that more.

I love Youth in Revolt. I was one of the few humans who actually saw it in the theater, but I laughed like crazy and have watched it a few more times since it debuted on DVD a couple weeks ago.

But, to each their own.

I completely agree, I was able to catch it in theaters and enjoyed the hell out of it.

I was going to watch this in the cinema, but one of my friends had already seen it, so we ended up watching Edge of Darkness. Never again will I let someone else pick the film. EoD was awful.

Perhaps I'll catch it on DVD.