What Is The Last DVD You WATCHED?

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

I remember the trailer promoted some lame American Idol parody, so, I passed on this back in the day.

But gave it a look. I'm intrigued about Mandy Moore's progression from the Queen of Teen romances to characters that are slightly embittered and angry. Yes, the allusions to real people are paper thin but it's more of a dramedy about disillusionment. Low key on the drama and love key on the humour. People who have either chased after---or on the threshold of achieving the American dream only to find out, it doesn't fulfill them or even make them happy, so they're stuck at the pinnacle of success. Also, an inept Al-Qaeda terrorist who prefers singing and dancing to show tunes in his tent at night rather than training all day in the hot sun was an immediate hook.

The Crazies (2010)

One of the scariest modern horror films I've seen in a while. Packed with all of the normal cliches, but still very well made! 3/5

Female Jungle Poster
Pan's Labyrinth

(Rented it; I'm hoping to buy it cheap someplace.)

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~