What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Lucky Ones starring Tim Robbins, Rachel McAdams, and Michael Cena. It was recommended to me by a member on here and I got it from the library, watched it and liked it. So I bought it.

Mark mentioned it in his top 100. I then read the synopsis on imdb and thought it was interesting. Or I just lied and bought it because Claudia Cardinale is in it.

Youth in Revolt

Mary & Max

Mystery Train CRITERION COLLECTION
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Little by little, off ebay, I recently purchased the following over a month period, with my son getting me Season 2 for Mother's Day:

WHY? (People are supposed to explain why!)

Because Doctor Who has to be the most enjoyable series to come along since Buffy. Of course, that comment doesn't even make sense when you realize this series began in the early 60s.

Full of outlandish solutions to interesting and intricate setups, brilliant acting by David Tennant, the craziest spaceship ever created where you know it is all just a prop (there is nothing realistic here which makes it all the more fun), a re-imagining of the world's history where aliens affect nearly all major events, the strangest and most adorable of villains (can you say, "exterminate!?"), and most of all, science fiction at its most glorious -- full of questions about our morality and our existence.

I heart David. He brings energy and pathos to his Doctor. What a wonderful series! It makes me happy every time I slip in one of these DVDs.

You want to post like me?
Bought Cool Men and Black Dynomite the other day. Damn that was a good night. Great combo too. The latter might not be for everyone though.

I recently bought Alain Resnais' Last Year at Marienbad and Pedro Almodovar's Habla con ella, (Talk to Her). The first is a modern cinematic landmark from France, though usually, discussions on the film are sadly reserved for the artsy-fartsy circles. The second is made by that great, breast-loving gay director Almodovar. It's fairly well known, and although in Spanish, is accessible and engaging for all viewers.

Bourne ultimatum and i bought it because it was offered in Blu-Ray and I'm a fan of the series