The MoFo Desktop Thread

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Here's another one of the pre-packaged wallpapers included with 7.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	desktop.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	6537  
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

This is what I've been using lately.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The People's Republic of Clogher
Mine. That's right, that's Windows 7.
How are you finding it? I've got a Beta key (free license until next summer or something, great deal) and used it for a month or two but went back to Vista after having a few driver problems.

Definitely gonna buy a disc when it's released next week, though. It seems a lot less bloated.

How are you finding it? I've got a Beta key (free license until next summer or something, great deal) and used it for a month or two but went back to Vista after having a few driver problems.
I signed up to host a launch party, so they sent out a box with the software and party favors and whatnot. I really wish I had a system capable of handling the 64-bit version (as I got both).

I always say that I'm one of the few that likes Vista, but for those who didn't like Vista, they might not like this much more. It's a solid OS, but they might not like the new taskbar. Personally, I love it, it's got some oldies from Vista that I liked along with some new things.

I might just have to write a review about it.

Is that 64bit disc going spare?

I like Vista myself - the service packs really sorted it out - but W7 just feels a wee bit cleaner, if you know what I mean (not guaranteeing that I actually do, though). Got the 64bit Beta and it's fine apart from a couple of drivers - Vista64 drivers usually work but a few companies aren't releasing dedicated W7 ones until launch.

Is that 64bit disc going spare?
Sorry, I've only got one key. I'm glad I got this for free, but even if I hadn't have, I wouldn't feel bad in shelling out the money for the upgrade.

Sorry, I've only got one key. I'm glad I got this for free, but even if I hadn't have, I wouldn't feel bad in shelling out the money for the upgrade.
True, it's a fair bit cheaper than Vista was over here. Once Windowblinds 7 gets out of Beta I'll probably make the jump.

I could post my last few and you can see the evolution of my desktop image...Though now I realize I've changed it 4 times since school started... And that's a lot of pictures... But here they are anyway, in chronological order, in a highly self-indulgent post. I'm blaming it on the cream-filled doughnut and chocolate milk I just consumed.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
He [ I ] sucked the cream out first.

The last one is your Mom when she wakes up in the mornin'... no, that's her as the Cowardly Lion in a mini Wizard of Oz play.