New Sorcerer’s Apprentice trailer and Set Pictures

Tools    

Big Chico's Movie Blog
Nicolas Cage is back and in a big way. First he’s in the new movie Season of the Witch, then he’s in the live action Kick-Ass, and now the wicked trailer for The Sorcerer's Apprentice just came out.
The Sorcerer's Apprentice is based on the Fantasia short, Walt Disney resurrects the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" story with this children's fantasy film starring Jay Baruchel as an apprentice of a magician (Nicolas Cage) who makes a mess of their workshop when his master is out. Teresa Palmer plays the love interest in the Jon Turteltaub-helmed production. - Jeremy Wheeler, All Movie Guide
Cage movies aren’t Oscar winners, but there’s never any doubt you will have a good time when you see them. Nicolas cage is one of my favorite actors because of this fact. Take for instance the movie Ninja Assassin; the movie had no good actors to carry this horrible action flick. At least with Nicolas cage movies you have a great actor to carry the plot along. Just look at his movie Bangkok Dangerous, HORRIBLE movie, but at least Cages performance made it watchable. I’m really looking forward to watching The Sorcerer’s Apprentice with Lil’ Chico and Lil’ Chica.

This actually looks like it might be a little fun... so, I might give it a whirl... not too sure about Season of the Witch though... seems like Hollywood is forever giving witches a bad rap...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Big Chico's Movie Blog
This actually looks like it might be a little fun... so, I might give it a whirl... not too sure about Season of the Witch though... seems like Hollywood is forever giving witches a bad rap...
i think Season of the Witch will have a different spin on the witch, but you are right most witch's were healers and natrualists

Nicolas Cage came back in great way with his role in The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans. Although this does look kinda fun.

Here are those "set pictures" and whatnot this thread half promised.

ComingSoon.net has your exclusive first look at the teaser poster for Walt Disney Pictures' The Sorcerer's Apprentice, coming to theaters on July 16. Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Jon Turteltaub, the epic adventure comedy stars Nicolas Cage, Jay Baruchel, Alfred Molina, Teresa Palmer, Monica Bellucci and Toby Kebbell.

Balthazar Blake (Cage) is a master sorcerer in modern-day Manhattan trying to defend the city from his arch-nemesis, Maxim Horvath (Molina). Balthazar can't do it alone, so he recruits Dave Stutler (Baruchel), a seemingly average guy who demonstrates hidden potential, as his reluctant protégé. The sorcerer gives his unwilling accomplice a crash course in the art and science of magic, and together, these unlikely partners work to stop the forces of darkness. It'll take all the courage Dave can muster to survive his training, save the city and get the girl as he becomes "The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
BTW, this thread should be renamed just The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Just saying.

Seems like he's on a pretty good streak so far....Kick-Ass has been getting pretty good reviews. Might continue with this, judging by the trailer and the poster (love the dragon ring).

Also heard that it got some pretty good feedback coming out of WonderCon last week - everyone pretty much agreed that it should be a fun summer action movie. We'll see!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This does indeed look like a good watch but Cage looks like a sex offender in that hat, its the only thing that seems bad about it from the trailer

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I wouldn't have imagined casting Nicholas Cage as the Sorcerer but he really looks the part! The trailer looks pretty good too; I could see myself giving this a go

Sorcerer’s Apprentice’ Trailer 3 & Villain Posters

Walt Disney Pictures has released a third trailer for their upcoming summer flick The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, which reunites the National Treasure team of producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Jon Turteltaub, and star Nicolas Cage in a new effects-heavy, family-friendly adventure.

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice revolves around the PG-rated struggle between noble sorcerer Balthazar Blake (Nicolas Cage) and the devious Maxim Horvath (Alfred Molina). Unable to defeat Horvath and his minions alone, Blake recruits the nerdy Dave Stutler (Jay Baruchel) to become his new apprentice and trains him in the elaborate art and science of magic.

This trailer contains a fair amount of new footage that showcases the film’s sleek visual effects, a brief glance at the enchantress Veronica (Monica Bellucci), and Baruchel reprising the “geek who finds himself” character that he voiced most recently in How to Train Your Dragon.

Kudos to those that spot the brief homage to the original “Sorcerer’s Apprentice” short from Fantasia.

You can check out the new trailer below:

Also there's new character posters for two of the film’s villains. First a poster for the yellow-eyed, long-clawed Sun Lok (Gregory Woo), a young Chinese sorcerer who is “unlocked from his Grimhold by Horvath [and] wrecks havok in Chinatown during a lively festival by materializing a fearsome fire-breathing dragon.”

“Sun Lok has been in a little container for thousands and thousands of years, and when he’s let out, he’s realy, really angry.”
You can see the infuriated Sun Lok in the poster below:

The big baddie of The Sorcerer’s Apprentice is of course Horvath, a former disciple of Merlin (James A. Stephens) who parted ways with Blake over their shared affection for Veronica. Now -- having murdered Merlin -- Horvath seeks to conquer the world with the aid of Morgana (Alice Krige) and her evil minions. Very melodramatic, to say the least.

Here’s Molina’s take on Horvath and his quest to take over the world:

“[Blake] and Horvath have a rivalry that’s gone on for millennia. [Blake] is maintaining the Merlinean standard of magic as a power that’s used for the benefit of mankind. Horvath is the leader of the Morganians, who take the very different view that magic should be used to subjugate humans. That’s the struggle between good as personified by Nic Cage’s character, and evil as personified by mine. Horvath is a rather smart, debonair, Edwardian villain in the classic tradition of suave bad guys, well dressed and charming, but deadly.”
You can check out the fashion-savvy Horvath in the poster below:

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
arrives in theaters in the U.S. on July 14th, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

^^ Agreed. Looks like fun - I'm pretty convinced after that trailer. I think it could actually be a nice surprise this summer.

Also, love Alfred Molina - he was probably one of the best parts of Prince of Persia, so I'm sure he'll be just as awesome and scene-stealing in this one.

Hey guys~ Good to hear your feedback on The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I'm here on behalf of Disney to hear your opinions on some of our upcoming movies, and also share any new assets and info we have. We actually have a brand new two-minute clip out on our official YouTube page that gives you a look at how the filmmakers re-imagined the famous "mop" scene from Fantasia (sorry, I can't link to it just yet.)

Check it out and let me know what you think!