Lets Talk Football

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Silva sounds like a big Yakubu replacement, then. Hopefully he's not as injury prone.

Thank Hon, I love him already I hope he settles down alright on Merseyside, it's a little different from the Oporto area

I hope so too Tac!

Other news:

Sunderland are buying a new goalkeeper: Simon Mignolet, the goalie of the Belgian national under-21 team.

I actually know this guy personally, he currently still plays for my hometown club, Sint-Truiden. The other day I was talking to him and he said it was a done deal. Seems freakin unreal that the guy will be keeping for a Premier League team next year. He's good though, Sunderland will benefit of this transfer.

That's cool for your friend, Brodinski. Is he going in as #2 to Gordon or going straight in to the first 11?

Just a day or two after mentioning that the Vidic stories had gone away, The Mail brings us one. Says that United are looking to bring in Simon Kjaer to replace him.

The other United story around says that the little midfield playmaker, Diego, may be making his way to Old Trafford this summer.

Chelsea are said to be looking at a midfielder that I'd like to see pop up at United, namely City's Stephen Ireland.

Everton have rejected a £7m bid from West Ham, according to The Mail. They're also saying that Gallas is going to turn down Roma to join Juventus. I'm surprised teams of that calibre are going for him. I really did think he'd end up at PSG.

More from The Mail, who reckon Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Inter and Man City are all after David Silva.

Lastly, Spurs are putting together a £10m bid for Carlton Cole. Really? £10m? Surely Spurs can spend their money better than that.

As there's not much about, atm, I'll just tell you that my current winning streak in the CL (on FM'10 obviously) is 16 games and I'm back in the final again. I'm looking for the back to back double, having already won La Liga for the second time in a row. My previous win streak came to an end after 36 games and I eventually went 47 games unbeaten.

I'd say £10mil for Carlton sounds about right, especially when you consider the overpricing of English players in general.

Bad In-Ger-Land news - Milner's gone down with a stomach bug and has missed the last 3 days training!

Good In-Ger-Land news - Milner's stomach bug has apparently only been passed on to the gentlemen of Fleet Street! Of course, that's what they're telling their editors - Yeah, I was throwing up this morning because of a dodgy tummy. Honest.

Absolutely. Everyone spoke about it, but it wasn't really on the cards. I'm not surprised that it's slipped away quietly, though. That's the way of everything with FIFA or UEFA. Remember the "daylight" rule for offside? That didn't even last the season it was introduced, yet I still hear commentators and pundits mention it.

Arsenal are the latest team linked with Pienaar. They're also said to have made a bid of £8.2m for Lorient centre-half Laurent Koscielny.

In not very surprising news, Yaya Toure's agent is saying that Barca want too much money for him.

As Roy Hodgeson still hasn't turned up yet (one day I'm going to make a note of these rumours and see what percentage come true and how accurately) King Kenny's son is now piping up saying that his dad is desperate to take over.

The Times says that an Indian entrepreneur wants to buy Blackburn. The club's board is said to have given Saurin Shah permission to start due dilligence. £25m is the price mentioned.

Diaby in the French team? I didn't even know that that chancer (now watch as he scores a hat trick ) was in the squad.

Being a French supporter must be tough these days.

South Africa were spirited against a nervous looking Mexican side. Cracking goal then the old 'defensively naive' stereotype letting them down.

Diaby is doing alright though, more than alright in fact. He's ruling the midfield

He's been ok, true, especially compared to his midfield partner Gourcuff, who's being talked up as the latest 'new Zidane'. Uruguay look a poor side, it has to be said.

Diaby's scored some cracking goals in his career but he plays like a drain far too often and unless France are planning on using Henry as an impact substitute (and I hate that term, heh) I dunno why Govou's ahead of him. He's a shadow of the player he was but surely still better than a guy who's never done it at this level.

What a ***** game. France incapable of scoring sloppy play as well. Uruguay seems to have nothing going for them, except their front 2: Forlan and Suarez.

You're right about Govou. That opening chance he had from Ribéry's cross should have been the 1-0. Makes me wonder like you say if Henry would've pushed that in.

I think that, with the draw this afternoon, both teams were afraid to lose. Although it didn't look like it, those two should finish as the top two in Group A and that was their hardest game. I don't think either of them are going to be too disapointed with a draw. I'd certainly take it tomorrow. As long as you don't lose your opening game, you can consider it an ok result.

Please tell me the England is going to handle us Yanks tomorrow, yeah?

We don't need to start winning games like this.

I hear England is supposed to have one of the best players in soccer, (umm... footy, sorry) is that true?

We do. Actually, we have a few, though only 2 that I'd consider truly world class (Rooney and Ashley Cole) though there are good arguments for both Gerrard and Lampard.

I have a friend who moved to the States years ago and now lives in Queens. She's already said that if England loses tomorrow she may have to move back here.

I can see The States scraping a draw this evening and if England win it'll only be by a goal and by the wonders of PVR I can record the Canadian GP practice at the same time.

Of course, my predictions this World Cup (for example, Diaby being not sh*t) have been spot on so far.

The Argies look useful...

I have the US winning this evening 2-1 in the books

Why is Heskey even in the England team? He is rubbish. How many goals did he score as an international? Like 5?