Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

→ in
Tools    

My Evaluation of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
There are many fun and wacky movies out there and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the movie done by Tim Burton is one of them. With Tim’s style of fun and wacky movies the original story by Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a perfect fit. This book has already been made into a movie but this one is brought to life in a different way. I think movie watchers that like fun, exciting, comical, and wacky stories should go watch the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, by Tim Burton because of its catchy music, special effects, unique characters, and good moral theme.

The music from this movie fits this wacky type movie really good! An example would be the Oompa-Loompas songs. Every once and a while during the movie, when something that happens in story, the Oompa-Loompas break into song and start singing. These songs they sing, which most were actually taken from the original book by Roald Dahl, are pretty catchy, fun, and are little different in some ways which really fits the movie. Look at these lyrics from one of the songs,
Veruca Salt, the little brute,
Has just gone down the garbage chute
And She will meet as she descends
A rather different set of friends ("lyrics.time")
Now these lyrics might sound weird right now but with music these are pretty catchy. But either way these songs are one of the good reasons to watch this movie because of its fun and catchy lyrics

The special effects from this movie bring the story to life a little more than it would be without them. One special scene really shows off the effects. In the chocolate river scene, where they take a boat down the chocolate river, shows the wonderful effects they did with the Oompa-Loompas. There are tons of them who are all helping to row the boat down the river. Now that might not sound too special but it is; all of the Oompa-Loompas look exactly alike. (John August) So it’s really cool to see all these Oompa-Loompas that all look alike rowing this boat! Now this effect of the Oompa-Loompas is shown throughout the movie and again brings life to the story, making it another reason to see this movie!

Another cool thing about this movie is the fun and unique characters. We’ll take a look at Willy Wonka for example. He’s weird but yet likable in the same way. Every time he speaks you see this in him. Look at this quote for example which is taken from the edible room scene, Charlie, “You can eat the grass?” Willy Wonka, “Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.” (
IMBd) And he says this in a proper yet wacky way. Willy is just one of the many unique characters.

The last thing I’ll talk about is the theme of the movie. There are many things you can get out of this movie but one of the main ones is about the importance of family. Throughout the entire movie you get to see some of Willy Wonka’s childhood and the relationship he had with his Dad. Also throughout the movie you see the example Charlie is to Willy Wonka in the things he says and his actions as well. Here’s a quote from the movie showing this example from Charlie, Willy Wonka, “I don't feel so hot. What makes you feel better when you feel terrible?” Charlie, “My family.” (IMBd) Through the stories of Willy’s childhood and the example of Charlie you see the importance of family and how it should be cherished.

Now with all of these together, the songs, special effects, characters, and theme, this movie is a really exciting movie to watch. The songs are fun and catchy and might even get stuck in your head! The effects are cool looking and make the movie come to life! The characters are fun, unique and memorable! And the theme is really something that matters! So with all of these things put together I give the movie 4 ½ stars! If you like these fun and wacky types of movies or are just looking for a fun family movie I suggest that you go out and see this movie!

Works Cited List:
Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.
By John August. Prod. Village Roadshow Pictures, The Zanuck Company, Plan B Entertainment, Theobald Film Productions, and Tim Burton Productions. DVD. Warner Bros. 2005.

"Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Lyrics "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Veruca Salt lyrics"." lyrics.time n. pag. Web. 9 Jun 2010.

"Memorable quotes for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)." IMBd n. pag. Web. 9 Jun 2010.

this movie sucked.

yea tim burton done a great job with these, he looks like a gay gardiner.

I think the first Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a fine musical and the one by Tim Burton was entertaining. This seems ridiculous and unnecessary to say the least. The last version only came out a few years ago. It's better in all the version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I think Dahl's stories were meant to be very creepy to begin with. The original Willy Wonka was a very good musical, and upbeat. Burtons was weird, but neither of them was that particularly creepy to me.

A system of cells interlinked
I still prefer the books to either film version. If I have to pick a flick, though, I would have to go with the original, even though I abhor "Cheer up Charlie", a song that makes me physically ill when I hear it. Neither film does justice to the books.