What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Cheers Thanks for the reccomendation I'll check it out

i have essex boys its ok like but rise of the footsoldier is better .

Saved this from oblivion at a clearance sale. Only paid € 4,99. Watching it tonight!

Check out Essex Boys, it's essentially the same story as Footsoldier but better cast. Not a stunning film but if you like the subject.
i have essex boys its ok like but rise of the footsoldier is better .
It's better cast, but I prefered "Rise", too.

Saved this from oblivion at a clearance sale. Only paid € 4,99. Watching it tonight!
An excellent purchase.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Haven't bought it yet, but plan to soon make it part of my collection....

Master of the Flying Guillotine

The People's Republic of Clogher

I might be going off on my own here but I've always thought that Hannibal was Scott's best film since Blade Runner and therefore #3 of my favourite films of his. That probably says as much about my opinion of the director's last quarter century as it does about my taste...

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
People tell me all the time that I'm a loon because I not only like Hannibal but I give it
. My friends just say it, and therefore I, must be disgusting. I tell them that they apparently have no clue that it's a black comedy. I guess they draw the line at brains and don't understand that they're best served fresh.

Note: I personally do not eat or go near brains, HA! Then again, I don't think Scott has gone in the crapper, but if you think he's gone "commercial", that's another story.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Don't think 'commercial' has anything to do with it, to be honest.

I just don't think he's been anywhere even close to Alien or Blade Runner in nearly 3 decades. You're always going to get a quality finished product from Scott as he's nothing if not a polished visual stylist who's in the enviable position of being able to work with big-name actors, writers and crew but there's precious little in his cannon that lives up to what I think he's capable of. Thelma & Louise maybe, Hannibal certainly (yes, I do like it a great deal on its own merits as it happens ) but Gladiator? That Crusades Thing? Body of Lies? American Gangster?

Well made soma.

EDIT - I'm pretty positive that Sir Ridley will cry himself to sleep for a solid month when he hears of my faint displeasure but, hey, I'm not only here to spread joy.

Hannibal is rich, intelligent and, as you say, darkly funny. It also has Francesca Neri...

Even though I've owned it on DVD since release it was only £6.99 on Blu Ray and it's something I'll watch once a year. He does some of the best commentaries in the business, too, and Hannibal's is one of his finest.

twilight and new moon, I won a discount when I did a movie quiz so I got those two dvds for a total of 5 euros.

Last film I purchased was a gift for my husband, Little Big Man. I'm happy its in our collection too, great film and love Dustin Hoffman. Great make-up job for the aging character as well I might add.

Beware The Probe!

Great story of the JLA meeting their evil counterparts.
Anybody remember that old Superfriends episode Universe of Evil?

It was my favourite one. This definitely reminds me of it.

I love the DC Animated Universe as much as the Marvel Movie Universe.
The last batch of newer animated movies have been fantastic.
JLA New Frontier, Superman Doomsday, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman…

As great as these movies are, I just wish they'd give us another regular weekly series again.
The next movie to come will be Batman: Under the Red Hood in a couple months based on the Death in the Family storyline where the second Robin was killed by the Joker.

Welcome to the human race...

Because it's a funny film, and the store I got it from gave away a bonus T-shirt with it. So win-win, it seems.

Can you believe I got this beauty for £20 off some bloke from gumtree?? The guy was safe as ****. HMV are doing it for £70...and thats on their special sale!

That's a superb buy, Prestige.
Without a doubt mate Still can't believe I got so lucky!

I dare anybody to challenge this bargain.