Baraka

→ in
Tools    

One of the most spectacular films i have ever seen. Just thought i would share.

come on Kaizer, that's not good enough to start a whole thread without telling us what the film's about and your reasons why it's so spectacular!

okay,
this movie is basically a documentary but really experimental, believe me its nothing like you have ever seen. It involves some of the most beautiful cinematography ever.There really isn't any story line so i cant tell you what its about but just watch it and youll see for yourself. BTW i watched it really stoned so perhaps thats it.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by kaizer
BTW i watched it really stoned so perhaps thats it.
Heh, so did I, decades ago.

Originally Posted by christine
come on Kaizer, that's not good enough to start a whole thread without telling us what the film's about and your reasons why it's so spectacular!
From what I can remember () it transitions pretty damn impressively from wild scenes to hectic urban life, via less built up cultures (see the strange seated to-and-fro in the trailer below). There's no dialogue or voice over, just music and the increasing intensity of images trammelling you forward. It is very well filmed from what I can recall. The apparent central point (of industrialised humanity being 'artificially intense') is perhaps a bit too hippy for its own good (and I was slightly disappointed to learn later that the bathing snow monkeys which epitomise 'natural calm' at the start are actually in a man-made tourist hot spring built specifically for them). Overall it's well worth a watch tho, and probably has more strands than I've remembered here.