How do I end membership? (I dared to stick up for Will Smith)

Tools    

After daring to stand up for Will Smith, and his cute son, I no longer feel welcome here, and therefore would like to end my membership.

I read stuff or reactions from others towards Will Smith, that turned my stomache...
And have since been given the cold shoulder...which has effected my enthusiam I originally came here with.

I still do not feel the things I read on that thread were movie related, but were rather a display of social commentary instead. For none of it dealt with the performance of his son, rather remarks or dislikes against, well...I'll just leave it at that....

And if sticking up for Will and his son makes me a 'bad' person to those on this forum.. well, that tells me all I need to know...and thus I would like to end my membership...

Problem is I don't know how...
So if a moderater could tell me how to end my membership, I'd appreciate it...

Well, first off, I don't know what you're talking about, so I doubt numerous members have anything against you, since they weren't even in that thread. I will need to go look at it before I can give any other opinion than that one. I will say that we are all going to have different opinions, and it's best not to get too upset when someone disagrees with you. Personally I could care less what anyone thinks about what I like. It's too trivial to worry about.

As far as canceling your account goes, you simply stop posting. They don't get deleted, if that's what you're asking about.

Again, I wouldn't leave over a difference of opinion. I'll go look at the thread now.

I see that it wasn't others getting upset with your opinion, but you getting upset with their's. We all have the right to say what we like and do not like. Also, it is to be expected on a message board. When you join these things, you need to know/be aware that not everyone will share your opinion, but that it's their right. I will second what Sedai said in that thread. You went about this in the wrong way, and yes, neg repping over opinion isn't the best choice to make.

The best thing you can do, if you'd like to give the board another chance, is simply move on from that situation, and try not to take other's opinions so personally anymore. There is no way on earth you will ever agree with everyone on here.

Again, if you do decide to leave the board, we don't normally go around deleting posts and accounts, simply because you want to leave. Normally the person just leaves.

You want to post like me?
Normally the person just leaves.
Without making a scene... That's not even completely true, I just wanted to say I think this thread is pointless. It's like a person yelling "I'M LEAVING!" and then slamming the door on the way out. Just creep out the back man, we'll live.

You really ought to read The Karate Kid thread again. Nobody's taking shots at Will Smith (or you, for that matter). They're taking shots at what they think is going to be a bad movie whose very existence is sort of cynical. I daresay you should be prepared for that sort of sentiment when posting on a movie forum.

And, frankly, your trying-to-be-subtle-but-isn't-at-all insinuation of prejudice factoring into this is very serious, and doesn't seem to have much evidence to support it. Particularly among regulars here. I think that's a pretty cheap card to play when there's a far more likely explanation available: movies like this usually aren't very good.

Anyway, only you can decide what to take umbrage at, I suppose, but I can't fathom why this would be so bothersome, or why you would decide to take it personally. And I seriously doubt anyone else took enough notice of that discussion to give you the "cold shoulder." I think that's in your head, frankly. If you feel you actually have to leave over this, that's your call, though I think you ought to reconsider.

If you decide to go anyway, there's no need to "end" your membership, because it's free. You can simply stop using it.

Without making a scene... That's not even completely true, I just wanted to say I think this thread is pointless. It's like a person yelling "I'M LEAVING!" and then slamming the door on the way out. Just creep out the back man, we'll live.
I agree. Just don't do what I did and make and A-hole out of yourself by announcing you are leaving over and over. Especially for reasons that are idiotic.

Stay you may learn a lot from many knowledgeable people here

Starlite, you're overreacting. Just cos someone disagrees with you don't get a cob on and leave. Will Smith is a decent bloke and if you felt like you were defending his kid then good for you. Remakes are always a contentious subject specially if the original forms part of someones childhood memories, but tbh most of the time it's just a nostalgia thang rather than the original was an absolute work of art , so just chill out and stay cos this is a nice place

Welcome to the human race...
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Now this is the story all about how my forum got flip-turned upside down...

Seriously, though, reckon he/she is going to come back?