Movie Theme of the Week!

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im looking forward to this weeks theme

Hello, everyone! This week's new theme is:

Favorite Adaptation

Your favorite film directly adapted from a novel, poem, play, or other literary work that you've read that, hopefully, you like nearly as well (or even more-so) than the film version.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Great theme idea! Tough decision though. There's the films I love made from books that I don't like so much (Blade Runner, Brokeback Mountain), the ok films made from my favourite books (Jane Eyre, 1984). In the end it was a toss up between this and Interview With the Vampire but I've used that in a theme week before, so:

The End of the Affair (adapted from the novel by Graham Greene)

I'm sure my choice will surprise absolutely no one, but here it is:

Though I did consider 3:10 to Yuma, since it is based on a short story.However, I have actually read Charlotte's Web and loved it as a child, so I'm going with this.

It's all in the reflexes.
The Shining - I like this pic better as an avatar than the "here's johnny!!" one, because you can see he is going a little crazy but he's not giving it all away....freaky!

I could go on a Stephen King spree this week, nice choice of theme!

Obviously not my favorite film adaptation, but I'm still kind of in the mood of this movie, so it is my choice for this week:

I am going with the postman always rings twice both versions over the week

Too many too choose from, which is indeed a good thing.

Cool theme... ... and there are so many to pick from, I might be changing quiet a bit this week...

Right now I am going with Sleepy Hollow adapted from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow written by Washington Irving... first published in 1820.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)