Catch Me If You Can

→ in
Tools    

I agree that this was a very entertaining movie, but it differs very greatly from the book. Almost every major scene was changed in some ways, and the book hardly makes any mention of Tom Hanks' character.

WARNING: "Catch Me If You Can" spoilers below
In reality, Abagdale never was a substitute teacher at his high school, it was later at a college. Everything having to do with the engagement to the woman was false, and that is not how he got to be a lawyer. Even the way Abagdale got back to America after the French imprisonment was false, as a judge revoked Abagdale's passport so he would be forced to be deported.

So even though it was a good film, it should largely be thought of as fiction.

I just saw it tonight....loved it immensely!!!

it differs very greatly from the book. Almost every major scene was changed in some ways
Doesn't make any difference to me at all. I enjoyed the movie through and through and that's what counts. Spielberg, and his company Dreamworks, has brought us another great hit!

Originally posted by fatediesel
I agree that this was a very entertaining movie, but it differs very greatly from the book.

So even though it was a good film, it should largely be thought of as fiction.
Please use spoiler tags buddy.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

would have used spoiler tags if i said anything the trailer didn't show

I've seen a the few trailers of this movie, and had no idea about 3/4 of what you said. No big deal, but if nobody said anything...

Yeah, the book and the movie varied widely; but it told the story of Frank Abagnale, and that's the important part.

PATTON wasn't really dead on, and it combined certain portions of his life to make it fit into the movie, but it made you aware of what a great dude this guy was.

Same with CATCH ME. Abagnale's story is amazing, and can't be fit into a two hour block. It's Hollywood; this is what they do.

I just rented this one, again, a few weeks ago...it's such an amazing story...that kid had nerves of steel...I wonder how he looked in real life?

He must of looked older and mature, to be able to pull off posing as a pilot and flying in the cockpit without anyone ever truly questioning his credentials...

I wonder if a 17 or 18 year old today could really pull off half that stuff...or even the substitute teacher incident...for a week? come on...and arranging a parent teacher conference...and no one questioned his age?

Again, they must of looked very mature in real life...

Sorry for going back so deep in the archives, it's just i haven't seen any real new movies lately (a few weeks)...so I can really only go back in time...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I loved this film and it has a great cast, Di Caprio and Hanks

You know, the more I think about it the more I like it. Mostly, it doesn't remind me of a Spielberg movie that may sound weird or not make some much sense but it does for me.

I liked it too