Scorsese should digital edit Dicaprio into all of his movies

Tools    

raging bull?

taxi driver?

goodfellas?

why not? have another, Martin

I think I speak for at least one of us when I say... Huh?

Originally Posted by Tigerwoodsillegitimateson
twas sarcasm
Sarcasm directed at who?

Well, whoever it is, I'm sure they're feeling the burn. Razor sharp and on target.

Have a go at airline travel or politics next!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Actually, it's more like that case with DeNiro. Either the man himself or, in the case of Shutter Island, someone who bears an uncanny resemblance.

"Di" Caprio
"De" Niro

i think there is a trend with Scorsese here

I like the idea, Tiger. It would be better than having to watch Dicaprio try to act.

I seriously wonder whether I overestimated DiCaprio's intelligence somewhere along the line. Cause if he cannot see that this relationship has been burying him creatively from the start and is now starting to professionally, he really needs to open his eyes and see past his extreme case of crazy fanboyism.

Judging by the reviews on his performance in WOWS, Martin gets the absolute worst out of him - he encourages his excesses until they become obscene.

I seriously wonder whether I overestimated DiCaprio's intelligence somewhere along the line. Cause if he cannot see that this relationship has been burying him creatively from the start and is now starting to professionally, he really needs to open his eyes and see past his extreme case of crazy fanboyism.

Judging by the reviews on his performance in WOWS, Martin gets the absolute worst out of him - he encourages his excesses until they become obscene.
Dude, just stop there.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I am the Watcher in the Night
Seems to be a lot of negativity here folks, Marty/Dicap have put together some good work. The Departed, Aviator and even Gangs saw a good performance from Dicap and a great one from Lewis. Sadly the movie wasn't as good as it should have been.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

I think it's reasonable to think they work really well together, and enjoy it when they do, and still wish that maybe they'd do it just a little less often, if only because you want to see them work more with other people.

That said, I didn't like DiCaprio in Titanic (though I blame the material, especially now that I know what he's capable of) or much at all around that general time frame, but man, did he become a really good actor in the years that followed. Completely won me over.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I think it's reasonable to think they work really well together, and enjoy it when they do, and still wish that maybe they'd do it just a little less often, if only because you want to see them work more with other people.
Yes. I think the types of roles he gets from Scorcese are best suited to him, but I wish he had not been cast in The Aviator. I just see Howard Hughes being played so differently.

That said, I didn't like DiCaprio in Titanic (though I blame the material, especially now that I know what he's capable of) or much at all around that general time frame, but man, did he become a really good actor in the years that followed. Completely won me over.
I blame the material, but him too. The only time I've ever thought he showed romantic chemistry with another actor was with Claire Danes.

My problem with the statement is that Frankie is judging The Wolf of Wall Street without having seen it. Also I've no idea what he means by Scorcese "encourages his excesses until they become obscene." The only "obscene excesses" I saw in the film were from the characters not the actors. Makes no sense to me.