Most Overrated Movies

Tools    

I won't dis someones top 10 because its personal and you have the right to like what you want. The acting in pulp fiction was A+. The film was well written and regardless of how much was going on it worked. Dream was a perfect example of the effects drugs have on people. This movie was so much more then just a shooting gallery.As for Fight Club. Its a smart move not to take a shot at it. Blood Diamond good movie but who gives a s#it it wasn't really all that hyped up to start with. People always say they liked it but I've never heard anyone call it one of the best. Platoon, that movie is gritty and real so I am going to have to disagree.

The English Patient probably has to be there. It was very slow paced.

expensive piece of ****

If I had to pick 1 movie that the majority of people rank too high, it would be The Dark Knight. Let's face it, IMDB ranks it far too high for what the movie actually is. Most of its acclaim, albeit somewhat deserved, comes directly from Heath Ledger's death. It is only ranked that high because of him. Without him, it's an average film. Even so, it still doesnt belong as high as it is ranked. Good movie though.

I've always thought Girl Interrupted was overrated, but that may just be because I read the book before seeing it. I kind of have to agree with Kaysen's (author) opinion on it: that it was a melodramatic soap opera. I didn't think it was bad, but I don't see what everyone likes so much about it. The book, however, was wonderful in my opinion.

Easy Rider. It's a film made about druggies, for druggies, by druggies. It has no depth.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
A Hard Day's Night

Semper Fooey
Shane. Actually. I can't think of a movie directed by George Stevens I really liked. All his movies are nicly shot, but slow, even his comedies and Shane takes forever to tell a rather simple story.

Another overrated slowpoke is William Wyler, but he is still a better director than Stevens.

expensive piece of ****
Yes, Avatar is all spectacle with NO substance. I saw it in 2D so all I really had was that awful script and ridiculous story to try and entertain me.

I think No Country For Old Men is not only overrated but a terrible experience as well.

Yes, Avatar is all spectacle with NO substance. I saw it in 2D so all I really had was that awful script and ridiculous story to try and entertain me.
Sooo true.

I think No Country For Old Men is not only overrated but a terrible experience as well.
Sooo wrong.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
A Hard Day's Night
Loner, what do you think of the Marx Bros.?

This is one of the reasons this is my least-favorite subject: movies which you don't like that others do. It's sorta fun to see a discussion about why and so forth, but it usually is just dropped out of the sky from nowhere. I don't have any personal problem with anybody' choices, but my Evil Movie Buff Twin wants to call people out sometimes, at least to get some details. Another thing is that people come at this question from so many different angles that it's difficult for me to tell exactly what somebody means by "most overrated" without an explanation.

Shane. Actually. I can't think of a movie directed by George Stevens I really liked. All his movies are nicly shot, but slow, even his comedies and Shane takes forever to tell a rather simple story.

Another overrated slowpoke is William Wyler, but he is still a better director than Stevens.
Re Stevens: What about Gunga Din, Alice Adams,The More the Merrier and The Talk of the Town?

I really like George Stevens thought not as big of a fan of Shane as so many are. I just had to check and wow, after looking him up on IMDB and i've seen so few of his films. Giant and The More the Merrier are by far my favourites but also every other one i've watched of his I like. I think I know why I thought I had seen more of his films. There's an incredible documentary on him which lead me to remember a lot of films he's made.

I've heard a lot of people complain or comment on a certain director being slow George Stevens and M. Night Shyamalan as another example and while I think The More the Merrier and Talk of the Town are fast paced. It weird that MTV style approuch has filter threw so many people's points of view. Everything has to be fast to enjoy nowadays everyone has adapted to it. Maybe it's a pace that the director has in his dialogue or away he shoots using more longer takes or dolly shots im not sure. It such a particular thing to suggest one filmmaker as slow and one as not. I could say the same for P.T. Anderson but I realise it's his approuch a style, or the way he treats the form of motion pictures.

Giant (1956)
Shane (1953)
A Place in the Sun (1951)
The More the Merrier (1943)
The Talk of the Town (1942)
Penny Serenade (1941)

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Loner, what do you think of the Marx Bros.?

This is one of the reasons this is my least-favorite subject: movies which you don't like that others do. It's sorta fun to see a discussion about why and so forth, but it usually is just dropped out of the sky from nowhere. I don't have any personal problem with anybody' choices, but my Evil Movie Buff Twin wants to call people out sometimes, at least to get some details. Another thing is that people come at this question from so many different angles that it's difficult for me to tell exactly what somebody means by "most overrated" without an explanation.
I don't like the Marx Bros. too much. Their act gets old real quick. Groucho's shotgun approach to humor. If one joke isn't funny, tell a hundred, one is bound to hit. Harpo honks a horn and plays a harp. Chico spews nonsense with a ridiculous accent. Run around in circles, kick a big dude in the ass, then cut off his tie.

So I'm supposed to be pumped when The Beatles do it?

Where is the humor in A Hard Day's Night? Commenting about grandfather's cleanliness is the worst inside joke ever. So tell it a hundred times.

Besides being chased by their fans, nothing happens. They sit in a car, a train, a hotel, a bar, a dressing room.

This film is poorly thrown together to capitalize on their success.

Where is the humor in A Hard Day's Night? Commenting about grandfather's cleanliness is the worst inside joke ever. So tell it a hundred times.

Besides being chased by their fans, nothing happens. They sit in a car, a train, a hotel, a bar, a dressing room.

This film is poorly thrown together to capitalize on their success.
You are right but I still it

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm just shocked that nebs keeps agreeing with you, Loner. When was the last time you watched it and how many times have you seen A Hard Day's Night? I was going to come on and throw tomatoes at rufnek earlier for claiming that Help! was just so much better but I let it go...

&feature=PlayList&p=55F424D855A839D1&index=0&playnext=1

&feature=PlayList&p=55F424D855A839D1&index=5
Try Ringo's "Parading", starting here at 7:30, if you can't get through the rest.

&feature=PlayList&p=55F424D855A839D1&index=6
The continuation... that's right; the Beatles made such horrible music!