Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

Extended Lost Season 6 “Grace” TV Spot

We’re about a month and a half away from the beginning of the end for one of the coolest and lovable, yet mind-boggling shows on television. That of course, is ABC’s Lost.

The masterminds behind the series have been more careful than ever about keeping things under wrap for this final season and using only scenes from earlier in the series for their promos, but what we do know is that we’ll be seeing a lot of out favorite regulars from earlier seasons making a return in season 6 which is a fantastic way to close out the series.

Check below for the new extended “Grace” TV spot featuring Willie Nelson’s rendition of Amazing Grace as the background music.

&feature=player_embedded

This trailer pales in comparison to the Spanish Lost Chessboard trailer from two weeks ago, so definitely check that out if you haven’t already.

Lost Season 6 begins with a three-hour event on Tuesday, February 2, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

love peace and chicken grease
im so excited the best show on earth!
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

Me too
Nobody on this site seems to be excited for the last season. Sedai was the only member to show any enthusiasm for the upcoming final season since the show ending last season in May.
Well glad you're looking forward to it like I am BritBrat. It's going to be a wild ride this coming year on Lost. Can't wait

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I'm starting to watch "Lost" on Netflix instant queue. I am through the first season and am on the fourth episode of season 2 now.

I do enjoy some of the backstories. I think Locke's has a lot of good writing to it, and I'm enjoying the way some of the survivor's stories are connected. Some of the show appears to be pure cheese. I can't really get into the protagonist of Jack, as I question the way his character is written to be so "good."

Did anyone else become reminded of Brando in Apocalypse Now with the way Terry O'Quinn was filmed in the first season. I imagine they were going toward that kind of vibe. They even make reference of Kurtz in one of the episodes.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

A few months ago my lady friend and I decided to watch the entire series up to this point from start to finish so that, by the time the last few episodes rolled around, we'd be totally up to speed. We plowed through season 1 on DVD around Christmas, and we're about halfway through season 2.

I haven't made much of an attempt to avoid spoilers, because I've seen scattered episodes over the last few years, heard things here and there, and once upon a time read various tidbits about the series back when I wasn't sure if I would ever bother to go through it bit by bit, like I am now. I was a bit worried, then, that knowing so much of what comes later would really make watching the first couple of seasons a chore...but man, was I wrong about that. I can't believe how engrossing it still is, even when I know so much of what's to come. What a well-crafted show.

Anyway, I hope to finish season 2 this week. I'm maintaining a small text file of loose ends that I'm adding/subtracting to as the series goes on, and devouring a fair number of theories and interviews with the creators.

Kinda fun to be able to get into it now; it has lots of benefits. For one, I won't have to do a lot of week-to-week waiting when I finally catch up, and for another, it should give me a great vantage point of the overarcing storyline to see the series in a relatively compressed period of time.

By the by, I dunno if this has been mentioned already (probably), but who here's read the Time Loop Theory?

http://www.timelooptheory.com

Dunno if I should label this link as quasi-spoiler-y, but it's just a theory, so I guess it's safe. It's been tweaked a bit over time to match the show as it's gone on. Not sure I entirely buy it, but I have to admit it explains some things quite elegantly.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Well, Yods, the DVDs for seasons 3 and 4 are here waiting for you, assuming you make it up here sometime this week. I can bring 'em over when I pick up your sister this week (Wed.)... And I think season 5 is available on ABC.com, or it was.... (I do have the DVR versions of season 5 if you need those.)

Hurry up! You have only a little under a month left till the final season premiere! And yeah, rewatchings of this show really do hold up. I think the writing is good enough, twisty enough, and clever enough, and the acting is stellar and casting flawless, which also helps it hold up over time.

Plus, the cast of characters is simply large enough to keep one's attention. And, although some of us have probably griped about the backstory bits of the show, they really do keep the pacing on track and they really do give us essential elements of the larger story.

It's no coincidence, after all, that the show is called "Lost." Not just on an island, but, as ever recap show has ever said, lost in their own lives. The backstories help us see that clearly.

I was a little surprised too, at how well the show held up to a re-watch. I wish season 5 would hurry up and make an appearance. What's the hold up with that anyway?

PW, do you mean the new season? Because that's season 6, the final season. It's starting on Feb. 2.... What' the holdup? Ha ha haaa! "Lost" is notorious for huge gaps between seasons. It's one of the reasons they had to fiddle with Walt's character arc -- the kid who played him got too old between seasons!

Season 5 is out on DVD (as of December)..... It's the only one I don't own yet.

Well, Yods, the DVDs for seasons 3 and 4 are here waiting for you, assuming you make it up here sometime this week. I can bring 'em over when I pick up your sister this week (Wed.)... And I think season 5 is available on ABC.com, or it was.... (I do have the DVR versions of season 5 if you need those.)
Yeah I think they're online, and definitely on iTunes, so one way or another we're covered.

And yeah, it'd be cool if you could send those over (don't worry, I've been taking good care of the first two!). I was going to wait until we came down there, but given the delays and all that you might as well. Still be a few things to exchange and all that when we do make our way down there, anyway.

Hurry up! You have only a little under a month left till the final season premiere! And yeah, rewatchings of this show really do hold up. I think the writing is good enough, twisty enough, and clever enough, and the acting is stellar and casting flawless, which also helps it hold up over time.
I don't think we can watch the last 3 1/2 seasons in a month, but I don't think we have to. I'll DVR all the new ones, so really I just need to finish them sometime in the middle of season 6, leaving myself enough time to catch up to the already-aired season 6 episodes. So that should give me a couple of extra months, since I'll watch more than the 1 extra episode tacked onto the pile each week, anyway.

Plus, the cast of characters is simply large enough to keep one's attention. And, although some of us have probably griped about the backstory bits of the show, they really do keep the pacing on track and they really do give us essential elements of the larger story.
Yeah, early on in the series I remember losing a little interest whenever a flashback came on, but not now. Probably because now, I know I can just put the next one on right after, so I don't feel like everything needs to advance something right away.

I do envy you, Yoda, getting to go through the series for the first time (in essence) back to back like that. It's how I watched the first season (via Netflix) and I adored being able to pop in the next disc right away. I had a hard time moving to waiting a week in between episodes.

(Same thing happened to me with BSG. Hated waiting once I caught up!)

Will bring seasons 3-4 over on Wed. What time would I need to show up to make sure you hadn't left yet? (You can keep season 2 as long as you need to. No sweat.)

I think I'm going to rewatch season 5 this month ... a memory refresher of sorts....

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm obviously looking forward to the next season. This will be the first time I'm watching the season in my new apartment. (ie:without the g/f).

Suspect's Reviews

Lost Season 6 Spoilers

WARNING: "Lost Season 6" spoilers below
Episode 6.01: LA X (Season premiere)
Airdate: February 2, 2010 at 9 p.m.
  • - The sixth-season premiere will present us with two seemingly incompatible storylines: One in which we find out someone we thought was dead is actually alive (a certain very pretty someone) in the same time that we last saw him or her, and the other in which we will see Flight 815 again (which I'm pretty sure all of you have heard about by now). It's a head-scratcher, for sure. But an awesome head-scratcher, nonetheless. And these two storylines will go on for a little while (in different decades) from what I hear.
  • - Desmond will indeed be part of the Season 6 premiere.
  • - Jeff: Male, late 20s to 50s, any ethnicity. A polished, sympathetic, and very efficient public relations rep for high-profile company. Has to deliver a piece of bad news to a corporate executive and hides his nervousness behind a professional, reassuring smile.
  • - John Hawkes is joining the final season of Lost as a recurring. The Deadwood alum will play Lennon. Lost producers wouldn't release information on the character. According to the casting breakdown, Lennon is the scruffy, edgy and charismatic spokesperson and translator for the president of a foreign corporation who is far more powerful than it seems from his position.
  • - The sixth season will begin with an examination of what happened after Juliet seemingly detonated the hydrogen bomb. As usual, [Matthew] Fox said, "It's very surprising and probably fairly confusing initially to the audience."

Episode 6.02: Title Unknown
Airdate: February 2, 2010 at 10 p.m.
  • 08/30/09 - Paul: Male, 30s to 60s, any ethnicity. Overworked, harried from a long day and many hours, faced with a highly adrenalized situation that forces him to remain calm and tests his ability to keep his wits about him - a test he fails as panic wins out. Will be in episode 602 and must also be avail for episode 603.

Episode 6.03: What Kate Does (Kate-centric)
Airdate: February 9, 2010
  • - TVSquad summarized various spoilers from the two sources: The scenes being filmed at what is supposed to be LAX International Arrivals feature Jack in a suit, a very pregnant Claire, Kate and Dr. Arzt, amongst others. In the third episode, titled "What Kate Does," Kate and Claire share a cab and their destination is the house of the couple who are set to adopt Aaron. When they reach the couple's door, the woman says she really wanted to adopt, but that her husband ... and then says she can't have the baby right now. Bad timing, as Claire goes into labor at that exact moment! There will be a taxi cab accident in L.A., but it's unknown yet if it's the one Kate and Claire are in, as there are set reports where Kate is driving the cab and other reports saying someone else is.
  • - Melky: Male, 30s to 40s, any ethnicity. Dangerous looking guy that can be surprisingly calm. Runs a seedy chop shop and not someone to be messed with; has handled many dicey situations and is not thrown by anything. Jenny: Female, early 30s, any ethnicity. Yuppie, sweet, happy and well off. Never had any problems until she receives heart-breaking news that tears her world apart. While dealing with her personal crisis, she then has to deliver bad news to someone else knowing it will hurt them, too. Russell: Male, late 20s to early 40s, any ethnicity. Tough guy who takes no gruff from anyone. Executes orders efficiently but has a nice, compassionate streak that surfaces from time to time.

Episode 6.04: The Substitute (Locke-centric)
Airdate: February 16, 2010
  • - We learn of a connection between The Smoke Monster and MIB. Fake Locke gets an old friend to join his army. Ben lies to Illana about what happened inside the temple. Jacob is dead and his ashes are collected by someone whose name has 5 letters. Someone tries to persuade Sun to visit the temple claiming that Jin is there. Frank want to try and see if his plane on the other island will still work Sun insists they bury someone properly. Frank makes a comment about the "weirdest funeral ever." Ben makes a touching speech. Sawyer is drunk when he reunites with a familar face. Someone reveals that they know a lot more about the island than Ben. We find out that Jacob has a child. An old friend crosses paths with someone unexpected off island.
  • - Jacob has a child and it's one of the [following] people: Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Juliet, Hurley, Locke, Michael, Bram, Desmond, Caesar, Illana, Ben, Richard, Sayid.

Episode 6.05: Lighthouse
Airdate: February 23, 2010

Episode 6.06: Sundown (Sayid-centric)
Airdate: March 2, 2010
  • - L.A. Law's Sheila Kelley has been cast in a recurring role on Lost, TVGuide.com has confirmed. Kelley, 45, will play a character named Kendall in the sixth season of Lost.
  • - Team Darlton is on the prowl for a female actress in her mid-30s to play. Kendall: Described as an "intellectual beauty with a sharp edge to her wit," she is caught committing corporate espionage and has to lie her way out. Recurring potential.
  • - Sam: Middle Eastern, 9. Raised in America and has no accent. Typical boy: smart, eager, ready to tackle anything and watches out for his little sister. Happy to see an unexpected visitor but sad he can't stay longer. Eva: Middle Eastern, 6. Raised in America and has no accent. Shy and not as willing to plunge into new situations as her brother. Happy to see an unexpected visitor but sad he can't stay longer.
  • - Habib: Middle Eastern, male, late 30s to early 40s. He's stoic but a little soft around the edges. A father and family man. Tries his best to be intimidating but can't quite pull it off. Gets in well over his head and pays the price for it. Roy: Any age, any ethnicity. He's a professional mid-level tough guy who is courteous and reserved because of the powerful interests he represents. Helps motivate a client to make his payments.

Episode 6.07: Dr. Linus (Ben-centric)
Airdate: March 9, 2010

Episode 6.08: Recon
Airdate: March 16, 2010
  • - Selena: Any ethnicity, early 30s. A striking beauty who knows how to use it, mischievous, confident in tense situations. Ends up in bed with an attractive man, all by her own choosing. But after corporate negotiations, she finds the terms of the deal have changed and doesn't know who to trust to save her job.
  • - Seamus: Any ethnicity, 30s-40s. A scientist with some physicality to him. Not afraid to take charge and give orders. Looking for someone interesting. Possible recurring.

Episode 6.09: Ab Aeterno (Richard-centric)
Airdate: March 23, 2010
  • - Isabelle: Latina, 30s, fluent in Spanish. Strong sense of self and adores her husband. Devout Catholic who is battling a long-term illness. Father Suarez: Latino, 50s to 60s, fluent in Spanish. A well educated, old school Catholic priest who is stern and has an inflexible opinion of right and wrong. Jonas Whitfield: Early to mid 30s; English; must speak with authentic accent. He's crisp and his bearing is of a British military officer. Athletic and agile, he's worked hard to rise up the corporate ladder and make something of himself. He believes in survival of the fittest. Doctor: Latino, 40s-50s, fluent in Spanish. Sophisticated, wealthy, and a somewhat mercenary upper-class doctor who has an imperious bedside manner but knows his stuff. Ignacio: Latino, 30s, fluent in Spanish. Poor, religious and street smart. On the wrong side of the law but only because he's a victim of his circumstances.

Episode 6.10: Title Unknown
Airdate: March 30, 2010
  • * - Desk Clerk: Male. 30s, any ethnicity. Loves his job and is usually on top of things. When he's made a mistake, he's quick to accept it and resolve it satisfactorily. Kendall: Female.30s, any ethnicity. Attractive and professional. Good at her job and does not cut any corners. Customs Official: Male. 50s, any ethnicity. Pot-bellied, efficient bureaucrat inured to travelers' pains and frustrations. Suspects people are always trying to get something past him.

General spoilers:
  • - An ABC spokesperson confirms that there is no deal in place for Maggie Grace to return to Lost at this time. [...] I know most of you have heard about the "alt Lost " this season, and so have I. But I'm also told that the thing that I'm pretty sure needs to happen for "alt Lost " to happen does not happen. [...] "[Rose] and Jack will be reunited, and this time it will feel so good!" [...] We already know that Rebecca Mader (Charlotte) is back on Lost in some capacity this season, but what's the real deal behind her resurrection? "I can't say," she tells us with a grin. And just why not? "Because it's really, really, really, really, really, really exciting and I don't want to ruin it. It's too good to say." (Yes, she really said really that many times!) And on that note, this is the most revealing thing we were able to get out of her: "It's going to blow people's heads off."
  • - Zuleikha Robinson who plays Illana is now a series regular.
  • - Rebecca Mader, who was prematurely killed off Lost last season, has agreed to reprise her role of anthropologist Charlotte Lewis.
  • - Set report spoilers from Celestial Beauty: This is what I managed to find out on the set I visiting during the filming at the High School last week. You already have a few bits of this but here goes. At the school, Alex (Tania Raymonde) is actually a student at this school where Ben is a teacher. She is still "close" to Ben. Also spotted at the school are both, boom boom, Doc Arzt and Rose! No sign of Bernard. One of the new guests that you posted, William Atherton, was on the set. He is actually the Principle of the school, however I'll leave you with this cryptic snippet. Although he is the principle, that may not actually be his only role! Locke and Ben both work at the School.
  • - [Carlton] Cuse tweeted a clue for Lost fans to figure out. "Damon and I are die hard fans of this impeckable actor who keeps the barr high and just signed to guest star on the show. Life is good!" The misspellings were clues leading to the name... William Atherton. In order of the clues: Atherton was in both Die Hard and Die Hard 2, his character's name in Ghost Busters was Walter Peck, on Desperate Housewives he played Dr. Barr and the 62-year-old actor was also Charlie Crews' nemesis on Life.
  • - On the Island, Locke is a true man-about-town... er jungle. Not only is he seen reuniting with a number the original Losties, including the badass, rifle-toting Claire, but he even finds the time to get stabbed by a genuine Iraqi.
  • - These are from various episodes from 6.01 up to 6.05 and 6.06: A character you would NOT expect sits next to Jack. Someone becomes ill in the toilet and needs Sayid's help. Kate "jumps" someone but it is not Sawyer. We'll see the numbers again in a signifcant and shocking way. Hurley continues to communicate with someone special on the Island. Sayid injuries are healed by something watery. Someone shoots at Flocke and a battle ensues. There are 2 burials. Jack and Kate take Sayid somewhere "Shiney".
  • - Season 6 will showcase "a version of Claire we've never seen before - a Rousseau-esque version." We'll be in need of a Rousseau fix since the real version will be MIA. According to a Lost insider, the French Lady's portrayer, Mira Furlan, turned down the show's request to return for the final season due to a "prior overseas commitment."

Source: Spoilerfix

I do envy you, Yoda, getting to go through the series for the first time (in essence) back to back like that. It's how I watched the first season (via Netflix) and I adored being able to pop in the next disc right away. I had a hard time moving to waiting a week in between episodes.
It is kinda nice, again with the caveat that I know a lot of what happens already. I have more context, know to look for certain things, and get to appreciate foreshadowing better, but I get less shock out of most revelations. It's an interesting trade off.

Will bring seasons 3-4 over on Wed. What time would I need to show up to make sure you hadn't left yet? (You can keep season 2 as long as you need to. No sweat.)
I leave about 3:00-ish.

Will Lost's 'Boone' return from the dead?

Ian Somerhalder, who played the ill-fated Boone Carlyle on the first season of ABC's Lost, confirmed he will return for the sixth and final season in at least two episodes. He shot one in September and is scheduled to return to Hawaii for another.

"I'm going to go back," Somerhalder said in a group interview on Saturday in Pasadena, Calif., where he was promoting The CW's The Vampire Diaries as part of the Television Critics Association winter press tour. "I'm going back to do other episodes, I think, spread out throughout the season."

So how does that work? Did the atomic blast at the end of last season reset the show? Do we see Boone in flashbacks? Is he a ghost walking in the jungle, like so many others? No one will say.

In any case, since he has been off the show, Somerhalder admits he has not been able to keep up with the entire story himself. He tried to catch up before returning for the sixth-season premiere. "I caught up on as much as I possibly could, just to be prepared and know what I was talking about," Somerhalder said. "I used to tell Matt Fox, 'Listen, man, I'm going to come over and just watch DVDs. They're not out yet, let me see 'em.' But I didn't get a chance to keep up with it as much as I wanted to."

Somerhalder plays Damon the vampire on Vampire Diaries

The season premiere is sure to be a doozy, if the script is any indication. "The season opener for that show, I was so blown away and so impressed and so thankful that I was even a part of that, because it's big," he said. "The script weighed about four pounds. You sit there and you go, 'Wow, this is an episode of television.'"

Somerhalder also found it amusing that President Obama has actually moved the date of his State of the Union address to avoid conflicting with the premiere of Lost. "I don't blame them," he joked. "That's really cool that I'll be in an episode of television that they thought better to change the State of the Union address. You know what they should do? Maybe President Obama, they should all just watch the episode, and then he can have the State of the Union address."

Arranging Boone's final appearances has been a scheduling feat of its own. Somerhalder currently plays a vampire on the CW show, but both sets of show runners have worked out the schedule.

"Luckily, Kevin [Williamson and] Julie [Plec of Vampire Diaries] and Damon [Lindelof] and Carlton Cuse [of Lost], and then the line producers from Lost and Vampire Diaries are making it happen," he said. "That experience, with all those people who I've known for so long, Damon and J.J. [Abrams], to have J.J. and Carlton still wanting me around and just making that happen is a really, really cool experience."

Lost returns Feb. 2 with a two-hour premiere, starting at 9 p.m. ET/PT, and will air Tuesdays at 9.

Source: Sci-Fi Wire

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
A few months ago my lady friend and I decided to watch the entire series up to this point from start to finish so that, by the time the last few episodes rolled around, we'd be totally up to speed. We plowed through season 1 on DVD around Christmas, and we're about halfway through season 2.

I haven't made much of an attempt to avoid spoilers, because I've seen scattered episodes over the last few years, heard things here and there, and once upon a time read various tidbits about the series back when I wasn't sure if I would ever bother to go through it bit by bit, like I am now. I was a bit worried, then, that knowing so much of what comes later would really make watching the first couple of seasons a chore...but man, was I wrong about that. I can't believe how engrossing it still is, even when I know so much of what's to come. What a well-crafted show.

Anyway, I hope to finish season 2 this week. I'm maintaining a small text file of loose ends that I'm adding/subtracting to as the series goes on, and devouring a fair number of theories and interviews with the creators.

Kinda fun to be able to get into it now; it has lots of benefits. For one, I won't have to do a lot of week-to-week waiting when I finally catch up, and for another, it should give me a great vantage point of the overarcing storyline to see the series in a relatively compressed period of time.
Good post. I'm with you on the spoilers thing. I have heard bits of time travel being involved and other such things, but it doesn't spoil the show because I don't know how it gets to that point.

Also you're correct about watching the show in a compressed time period giving a strong perspective on it.

Spoilers... but

I'm glad they killed off Shannon. I couldn't stand her character. I'm midway through season 2 now. I do like that they made something interesting out of "The Long Con" episode with what's his faces character.

The first look at new footage from Lost season six

OK, it's only a frame, but it's contained in this new promo for the sixth and final season of ABC's Lost, and it's actually the first glimpse we've gotten so far of the season.

The frame, which occurs at 0:15 into the promo below, reveals Claire (Emilie de Ravin) wielding some kind of long gun. We've known for a while she'll be back in the show this season.

Meanwhile, The Hollywood Reporter says that Titus Welliver, who played the mysterious nemesis to Jacob in ABC's Lost, is set to reprise his role in the second part of Lost's sixth and final season, which premieres Feb. 2.

&feature=player_embedded

Sopurce: Sci-Fi Wire