What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

watching glee reruns!

Happy New Year from Philly!
Watching TV and anticipating opening a bottle of champagne all alone. Got home too late to visit anyone this evening.

love peace and chicken grease
right now watching true blood and waiting for the new year to begin
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

Watching TV and anticipating opening a bottle of champagne all alone. Got home too late to visit anyone this evening.
I'll join in

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Ive just had a stunning New Years Day family dinner and im stuffed

Im currently trying to get my Norton to work properly.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Ive just had a stunning New Years Day family dinner and im stuffed

Im currently trying to get my Norton to work properly.

Waiting for food to be cooked. Norton sucks!

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

reading Twilight, the book is really a lot(!) better than the movie... I started in it this morning and I'm halfway through now

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
reading Twilight, the book is really a lot(!) better than the movie... I started in it this morning and I'm halfway through now

So ypu too are the type who see movies first then read the books. Right? I do the same. For instance, I saw John Carpenter's Christine movie first then read the book. So I can get a feel for the characters more that way.

Writing this on my old computer because the brand spanking new one I bought yesterday doesn't work. I can't even get the power on. Nice to see 2010 is going as well as 2009.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Writing this on my old computer because the brand spanking new one I bought yesterday doesn't work. I can't even get the power on. Nice to see 2010 is going as well as 2009.
Do you think it's something you're doing wrong or is it just stuffed? Knackered power cable maybe (swap your old one) or a fuse in the plug?

I've just been involuntarily ice skating! My drive way is 'like a bottle' as they say here. And perhaps in other places.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Bit literal though, innit?

My limbs don't work well in ice when I can see it but today all I could make out was a wet patio and drive and a car 6 feet away. I ended up grasping the opposite wall for dear life having slid right past the car and my feet having barely moved.

My artistic impression scores were not high.

I was thinking of doing that. Do you have a good recipe.

I use my great grandmother's recipe which is relatively easy...

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (melted)
2 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 eggs
3 medium bananas

Cream sugar & butter. Add flour, eggs, & mashed bananas, Vanilla, and nuts. Mix thoroughly and pour into lightly greased and floured loaf pan (this makes enough to fill two of those small aluminum loaf pans). Bake @ 350degrees approximately 1 hour. (My oven bakes it in about 45 minutes though)

I've used 2 cups of self-rising flour instead of the plain and left out the salt and baking soda numerous times and really can't tell the difference.

If you do use this recipe, I hope you like it... it's been a favorite in my family for years even though no one seems to be able to make it as good as my granny could...

Do you think it's something you're doing wrong or is it just stuffed? Knackered power cable maybe (swap your old one) or a fuse in the plug?

I've just been involuntarily ice skating! My drive way is 'like a bottle' as they say here. And perhaps in other places.
It wasn't something I was doing. I did think about the power cable, but not until I'd packed it all away. Anyway, it was the second Acer product that I'd bought. The first went kaput after about 3 or 4 months use and this one didn't even make it past a day, so I got something different. I'll fire it up tomorrow and see if it's any better.

On the "like a bottle" debate, I've never heard that phrase before.