Dragonball Z ....... the movie???

Tools    

Yes DBZ to all you fans is gonna be a movie. A live-action one at that. They are still deciding on who should play Goku. For more info go to the www.dragonballz.com website.

I hope they do a good job of it.

DBZ is cool

I knew it was just a matter of time. Give it a year, and we'll all hear production's been called off. Anyone remember the rumoured Sailormoon movie? If this doesn't turn out like the latter, then it may actually be a fine flick. It'll certainly draw a big audience.

The Future Ed Wood
i ama huge dragonball z fan but i dont think that this will be a success as some manga shoudl just stay manga and anime and not try to make it live action (streetfighter anyone)

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Here I am/There I go
Jet Li has been voted to play Goku. I doubt he'll accept it, but you can now vote for who should play V'geta.
vote here

The Future Ed Wood
i would want hugh jackson to play bejita. he looks the most like him and would be good i feel

i think jet li woudl be better as bejita whilst jackie chan would be good for son goku

WOW i love this anime. i was going to make a live action film when i become a big film director

i was a big fan 2 years ago, not still today, but i am definatly watching this.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

The Future Ed Wood
i just hope that they dont turn it into a really bad crossover. i hope they do a serious element to it like x-men and not batman and robin. the hardest part is to choose what part of the series they will do? a lot of fans, including me like bejita so would benefit from his lead roles in the furiza and buu saga but if you do the buu saga you would have to explain a lot of back story

oh Jo tell me it isnt so!

I cant really say i like DBZ, its quite pathetic IMNHO I dont know how people can really get obsessed with it but than again this is coming from a guy who loves Spiderman, chances are this is one movie i will probably never see.

The Future Ed Wood
i guess you have to be really a manga and anime fan to like dbz and of course watch the japanese version instead of the crappy dubbed and cut series.

James Marsters on his role as Lord Piccolo in the Dragonball (Z?) movie:

What can you tell us about your role in the Dragonball movie?
I'm not really allowed to talk about any of the movie details, but I can say that James Wong is obviously a gifted and insightful director! When I got the role I had doubts. The more I live with it I realize that I am going to rock this harder than I have anything in my life. I'm hungry for it.

Here's some other casting news:

Justin Chatwin as Goku: The hero of the film
Jamie Chung as Chi-Chi: Goku's love interest
Emmy Rossum as Bulma: She aids Goku after her father's Dragonball is stolen by Piccolo.
Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi: Goku's mentor.[8]
Joon Park as Yamcha.
Eriko Tamura as Mai: She is a chief enforcer of Piccolo's and a shapeshifter.
Texas Battle as Carey Fuller: A high school bully.
Luis Arrieta as Teto: A classmate and friend of Goku. He is an original character created for the film.
Randall Duk Kim as Grandpa Gohan: The adoptive father and grandfather of Goku who teaches Goku everything he knows about martial arts.
Ernie Hudson will play an acolyte in a temple who will aid Goku and his friends.

Fat chicks need love too
That's actually not a bad idea, it sounds kind of interesting.. I'd still be iffy whether or not I'd see it though, mostly because I'm not a huge fan of DBZ and don't follow the story much

Fat chicks need love too
I'm not so sure about Ernie Hudson though..

I wonder if Micheal Bay is directing it? I was skeptical about seeing Transformers but that turned out to be one of my favorite movies. I feel a little skeptical but i'll give it a try when it comes in theaters.

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
i cant imagine this movie is going to be anything more than pure shite

^ I don't know what that means, but I'm laughing anyway.

Kamehameha may refer to:I believe it's also Asian for "giant energy clusterfrak".

Some of my friends love to make fun of the TV shows. It would take them 3 episodes to charge a Kamehameha lol. For 3 episodes all u would hear would be this. Episode 1 started with: kame...kame....(episode 2)kame.....hame....hame....(episode 3)haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!