What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I ordered Non Ho Sonno aka Sleepless from our store yesterday. Not sure how long it's going to take to arrive here. Two weeks or so maybe I would guess. It was only 15$ though. Not bad I think for something that's being imported.

Had an amazing haul in Mind (charity shop) yesterday. Someone had kindly donated a job lot of Shameless dvd's which were going for £2 each. As a result I picked up...

Watched Footprints aka Le Orme last night and loved it. Not expecting too much from the others though.

Also picked up Red River for 50p seen as Mark rates it so highly. It's no doubt a far cry from the violent spaghetti westerns of the 60's and 70's, but I'll give it a go this Sunday.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Which one of those is David Threlfall in?

ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA (can't put any images yet )

Bought it because it is simply Leone at his best and also a different kind of movie from the others Sergio Leone has made.

I bought The Werewolf, Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Bride of Frankenstein, The invisible man, Phantom of the opera and Creature from the black lagoon in a dvd collection that was incredibly cheap to.=)

I'm gonna file this one under 'idiot' because, even though this was only £12.99 brand new, I always thought that The Matrix was a load of po-faced nonsense. I got half way through the first movie yesterday and my suspicions were confirmed...

Welcome to the human race...

I'm gonna file this one under 'idiot' because, even though this was only £12.99 brand new, I always thought that The Matrix was a load of po-faced nonsense. I got half way through the first movie yesterday and my suspicions were confirmed...
Them's fighting words!

Nah, you're probably right anyway. I still like the first one, though.

Bought Inglourius Basterds, Julie & Julia and Public Enemies.

Also, not a movie, but I picked up the deluxe edition of Tom Petty's Live Anthology box set, which includes a dvd of the 400 Days documentary from the Wildflowers tour and a DVD of a concert from New Year's Eve 1978.

Tom Petty is the man.

I think it was eurotrip and it was a very long time ago.
Started renting dvds later.

Banned from Hollywood.
Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (1967) with Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. Really good movie.

I am ashamed to admit that i have missed a lot of K. Hepburn over the years and have only see 2 movies starring her.this one and Woman Of The Year..she's rapidly becoming one of my all time fave classic actresses. I can't get enough of her it seems..i am becoming more and more addicted..There's a lot of other movies she's starred in that i wanna see...planning on doing that the next couple of years...

Incredible woman/acrtess..everything...

I am stunned i must say.

I have the old "Complete Collector's Set" that was released on DVD in 2001, but this one has special features that were not included on the old edition, plus the picture is supposed to be a lot better. This is my absolute favorite TV show ever, so it's worth it to me.

Anyway, it only cost me about $5.00 out of pocket, since I had $50.00 in Amazon rewards certificates that covered the rest. Interestingly, the old set appears to still be in production and is more expensive than this one. Weird.

Welcome to the human race...
Freaky, I just got the Ultimate Blackadder as a Christmas present.

Anyway, stuff I bought recently...

Finally got around to adding American Splendor to my collection. Good film.

Another slightly more interesting addition is Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume XIV, the second MST3K boxset to be released in Australia (and one that had avoided my complete attention in any way until the other day).

An excellent Ciristmas present, this. were it not for the fact that Season 1 doesn't seem to like my player. Trying it in my Samsung BD player, there are sound syncing issues - no sync problems when played in another player and no sync problems with other discs in the Samsung.

Weird.

I've bought a lot since I posted in here but I believe the very last one I bought was Public Enemies...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Put me in your pocket...
Mrs. Claus brought something for everyone this year...

My favorite is the special edition of Gigi. Love the special features of the french 1948 version and the "Making of Gigi" documentary.

Put me in your pocket...
Nice to see you Annie
Ahhh...thank you Nebs. It's nice to see you too. I hope all is well with you.