Two great movies to see: District B13 and District B13:Ultimatum

→ in
Tools    

Big Chico's Movie Blog
This movies are on DVD now but I just saw them to review. If their in the wrong section I apologize.

I just saw two really good action movies that I had never heard of it be for. They are called District B13 and District B13: Ultimatum. The reason I probably never heard of them is the movies are French imports. The only thing I remotely like about France is Canada.

The movies center on District B13 and urban ghetto that has been walled off from the rest of Paris. The main character Leito who lives in District B13 is an idealist who truly believes all people deserve the chance to live free and put a stop to a gang of drug dealers from dealing around his building. The other main character is Damien, he is a hard core Special Forces police officer who gets sent in when no one else can do the job. It’s basically a buddy movie with a ton of chase scenes and kick @$$ fighting.

The weird thing about these movies was something was super familiar about the cinematography. Then I look up the movie on IMDB, and sure enough I had seen a previous movie that had been made by the same cinematographer, it was the Transporter. The cinematographer and director is Pierre Morel, he was also responsible for the cinematography on the movie War with Jason Statham. His next project as director is From Paris with Love starring John Travolta.

This movie is nothing more than full on brain candy. One of the hardest things to get used to while watching the movie was the bad dubbing. District B13 is done in French, so they dubbed it in English. You’re used to it when watching some hokey martial arts movie, but when a bunch of white guys are moving their lips in a modern and the words don’t match it’s just weird. If you can get past that the movies are all good. I hope you check out the trailers and then see the movies.

Sorry but I still can't post trailer properly but you can find them both on youtube. If any can help me understand how to post trailers in a PM that would be great.

The only thing I remotely like about France is Canada..
What does Canada have to do with France????
Well it does have a little bit to do with France, way back in the day. That statement is odd, though.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

You need to ditch all that URL stuff. I'm not sure what you were trying to do there, but if you click quote on my post, you can see how to do it. You simply place the video URL inside the You Tube tags. You get that by clicking on the You Tube icon inside of your post box . Then, if you like, you can place the "_ws" after each YOUTUBE word, for the wide-screen version. We have a thread for posting videos here.

One of the hardest things to get used to while watching the movie was the bad dubbing. District B13 is done in French, so they dubbed it in English. You’re used to it when watching some hokey martial arts movie, but when a bunch of white guys are moving their lips in a modern and the words don’t match it’s just weird.
Yeah, that's why most people use something called 'subtitles'. Which is what i watched the original in when i saw it years back. Basically hybrid of La Haine / Ong-Bak and Escape From New York

Yeah, subtitles are for squares, Daddy-O. Kind of a fun little action romp. I believe one of the guys played a baddie in the last Die Hard flick, yeah? Pretty sure it was the same guy.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Canadian French and France French are differrent.

Suspect's Reviews

I've watched them few months ago and they're nice movies to see , for those who like action and parkour.Also sometimes i don't like watching movies with subtitles because it distracts me from the picture, and i'd rather watch a movie with a language that i understand.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I loved the first and I havent seen the second yet but I really want to.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Waited waaay too long, but just saw the first one today- WOW. That is a solid hardcore action movie, very well done--the fact that the 2 leads are skilled Parkour disciples lends enjoyment to it even more. Like Quentin Tarantino, anything Luc Besson is involved with gets an automatic "must watch" from this fanboy. This one gets 5 plumes of happiness from me.