MoFo Fantasy Football 2009: Week 13

Tools    

AUGH THIS IS KILLING ME! Now I want to run Benson Barber and Brown, and sit Britt. Damn they just allow too many players on a team.....options overwhelming...

Well we are finally here people, week 13, the final week of the regular season and before I continue, I'd just like to say that out of all my fantasy football leagues, this by far is the best and my favorite! I've had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself immensely this year and would like to thank everyone for helping to make this such a great league! Regardless of what happens today, I've had a great time and I hope everyone else feels the same. I'm already excited for next season and since I had so much fun doing this, I may actually try Fantasy Baseball next season, so look out!!
Well, I don't have much time before I have to go watch the game, so without any more senseless yapping, here are my week 13 picks:

PW's Odd Squad vs. TONGO -
In his final chance to play spoiler, can Tongo get himself a big win AND get some one else into the playoffs? Well here is one person that thinks thats an actual possibility. First off, I just found out Brady injured his finger the other day, and although he is playing, that may limit his accuracy, distance, etc... so it could hinder PW from getting the normal numbers from the Brady/Welker connection he has become accustomed to. With Rice, Fitzgerald and Jones all having tough matchups going this weekend too, it isn't going to be easy for the Odd Squad to get points, but Tongo is really gonna need his team to overproduce to seal the deal. Favre and Harvin could do well against the Desert Pigeons, but Mason and Barber are gonna have uphill battles and Chris Brown may not tally much splitting carries 3 ways, but you never know. I really need you to win Tongo and win BIG!! GOOD LUCK DUDE!!

After harvesting his crop of four leaf clovers in Farmville, Tongo gets lucky and pulls off the impossible!!!

Flash vs. Team Darcy -

Here we have a game where I believe Yahoos projected points score may actually have gotten it right. This should be a very close game, even though I think Peyton Manning is gonna have a good game today and Jason Witten and Miles Austin could both have good numbers, I think Wayne, Housh and Marshall could offset the gains Flash gets from his best players and Gonzalez, Johnson and Crosby could put her over the top. Flash needs Norwood to come up big to win this with Henderson adding above average points to keep Darcy from snatching the victory.

Flash wins his final regular season game!!

The Tateraters vs. Wolverines -
This game comes down to which Jay Cutler shows up to play the Rams. The Jay Cutler that can throw for 380 yards and 4 touchdowns, no picks and runs the clock like a General, or the Cutler that has shown up to play the last several weeks that throws picks, trips over his own feet and can't find an open receiver with a GPS tracker. If the good Cutler shows up, the Wolverines should win, if the bad one does.... .

Cutler is playing the Rams. 'Nuff said.

Hired Goons vs. Slug's Sweeties -
The Goons took advantage of Matt Ryan getting turf toe after throwing 1 pass and totally hosed my playoff chances, but maybe he can repay the favor by somehow thrashing the Slug this weekend and maybe opening the door into the playoffs for me or Flag? Thats a big maybe. I don't think Baltimore is gonna hold the Packers down offensively as much as the sports analysts are saying, so the Goons have a chance to pull one out, but I think its gonna be an uphill battle. Chris Johnson is on FIRE and I think Schaub will do well this afternoon with the playoffs on the line for the Texans, which is going to add-up to major points for the Sweeties. The Goons have to hope Vernon Davis and Roy Williams come up HUGE, or its lights out for his team.

Slug's Sweeties does their part, and gets the “W”

Da Bears vs. The Replicants -
With the only setback for the Bots being he may have to play in week 1 of the playoffs, he has no reason to sweat this week and with all those “P” and “Q's” on Da Bears roster, he may win this one easily. Without Ryan throwing for the Falcons, Whites numbers may not be that impressive and with DeAngelo Williams not playing, there isn't going to be a lot to worry the Replicants this week. As long as McNobb does his job, it should be smooth sailing for Seds squad.

The Replicants retire another skinjob

11 Angry Men vs. I-L-M-F -
Another close matchup as projected by Yahoo, but as usual with the Angry Men, it all comes down to how the Saints produce against their opponent, and luckily for the Angry squad, they face a very beatable Redskins team this week. Although the Washington Defense statistically ranks high against the pass, I don't think that stat is viable in this case. The Saints may go undefeated in the regular season with a very winable schedule for the remainder of the season and that bodes well for the Men. The Fox has a good chance of winning with Williams going up against the Pats and LT rolling into Cleveland, both potential big days for his runningbacks, but the Fox really needs his receivers, swingslot and mainly Tony Romo to come up huge to wrangle a win from the best team in the league. It'll be close...for a while anyway.

11 Angry Men the only team to have double digit victories this season!!

Beantown Champs vs. Gadsden Flag -
If either one of us can win, and win big, and a couple of key loses happen today, one of us could actually make the playoffs!! But there are a lot of “ifs” involved and it probably isn't worth worrying about at this point, but it sure would be nice if either Jay or I could somehow sneak in.*sigh*. Oh well. Although I'm sure I won't be “blownout”, I don't think I have a great chance of winning this matchup based on my quarterback situation and Jay has All-Day going as well as Stewart getting all the reps since Williams is out. It may come down to Flacco for me on monday night, but the Flag will probably have this game in hand well before then. Good Luck to Jay, because if he does win, I hope he makes it into the playoffs.

Gadsden Flag hoping for a miracle loss and ALOT of points in a sweet victory against the Champs.

Well there you have it, my final regular season predictions of the 2009 season. Good Luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing all of you here next year!!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
My my. Not only was I treated to a Bronco-infused whooping, in person. I got to watch my team not have a K or a T/E. Either football is bad luck for me, or I'm bad luck for football.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Well, you may be off the hook for last week. If the matchups shake out the way they look like they will, then Darcy probably would've made it at 8-5 or 7-6, which means her win last week would only affect seeding. But we'll see.

BobbyB whooped me fairly decently; little over 30 points. Romo, Holmes, and Jacobs all went off and Maroney, Clark, and McCoy all had big letdown games. By the by, Courtney told me to play Hightower over Maroney, and though Arizona hasn't kicked off yet, it looks like that'll probably end up being the right call. She's right again.

Anyway, if Sedai wins while scoring at least 46 points with his remaining players, he'll take the #1 seed and I'll be the #2 seed. If he wins but doesn't score enough, I'll be #1 and he'll be #2. And if he loses, it looks like I'll be #1 and LT will take the second Bye at #2.

After that, the seeding's a big mashup of wins and tiebreakers. I'll see how the games tonight turn out and post a quick summary tomorrow. Odds are that five of the six teams are pretty much set (though not their order, of course), and that we're probably just waiting to see if Slug wins and takes the last spot, or loses and lets the winner of the Jay/Pete game in.

I can't believe I am currently ahead by 9 points (especially after benching Marshawn Lynch), though the lead will disappear after the Cardinals-Vikings game and perhaps re-appear after the Monday Night game?

No, the real reason I came to this thread was to let Slug know that I am trying my best to spoil any playoff hopes. Just kidding, best of luck.

I am just happy my team finally came together, if only there were like 15 more games I might make the playoffs.

Looks like Bobby's going to finish with the high score. That means 3 of my 4 losses this year will have come at the hands of the week's highest-scoring team (I know, I know; poor me, right?).

The playoff picture is just about in focus, but not quite. Looks like 5 of the 6 slots are pretty much locked down, with three teams fighting for the last one; Slug's Sweeties, Gadsden Flag, and Beantown Champs. Given the point totals, it looks like Slug's going to keep a healthy point lead on both of them, so if Slug wins, he's the last team in. Otherwise, it's the winner of the Gadsden/Beantown showdown.

So, here are the two crucial games:
Gadsden Flag vs. Beantown Champs
Five of us voted on the site, and it looks like I was the only one who picked Gadsden (though Pete did in this thread, as well). Looking good for Jay at the moment, as Beantown needs 27.31 points out of Joe Flacco tonight, a total he's only reached twice this year.

Slug's Sweeties vs. Hired Goons
The other crucial matchup. Slug leads by about 24 and still has Mark Clayton going, but Hired Goons has Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, and Willis McGahee going, and Rodgers has been a stunningly consistent fantasy scorer this season. Yahoo predicts that the three of them will be worth about 40, and I think that's pretty likely. Even if McGahee puts up a 0 and Clayton tosses up 15, it's not hard to imagine Rodgers and Jennings not combining for 35+.
So, simply put: it looks like a pretty safe bet that Badger is going to take this game against Slug, which means Flacco's performance will probably end up deciding the final playoff spot. Anything can happen (Nobody Knows Anything!), but Jay's looking like the favorite to snatch that final spot. Good luck to you all!

On that note, on with the other game still up in the air; it doesn't have playoff spot implications, but it will affect seeding:
Da Bears vs. Da Replicants
Seds needs 23.21 points out of Donald Driver, a total he's reached just once this year...but it was last week. If he gets it, Seds is the #2 seed and gets a Bye. If he doesn't, LT gets the second Bye, barring a crazy comeback by Spud.
And that's that. Assuming Slug loses, Jay wins, and Mikey hangs on against Seds, the playoff picture would look like this:
  1. 11 Angry Men (9-4)
  2. Wolverines (9-4)
  3. PW's Odd Squad (8-5)
  4. The Replicants (8-5)
  5. Team Darcy (8-5)
  6. Gadsden Flag (8-5)
That means it'd be Odd Squad vs. Gadsden and Replicants vs. Darcy in the first round. This isn't set in stone, but it looks pretty likely. We'll know for sure tonight!

A system of cells interlinked
Terrible. Just terrible. Just like clockwork, my team is falling apart in week 13, the same as last season. Did I call the Vick thing in week one or what? He poached two TDs from my QB yesterday, a QB that is now fired from the Replicants. I will never play McNabb again in my life. He has always been one of my least favorite football players, and this solidifies that stance. Welcome, Alex Smith.

Oh and....go Driver!

Yeah, pretty much all the top teams faded down the stretch. You, me, and Darcy all started really strong but ranged from bad to mediocre in the last month or so. It ended up being very, very competitive. At least Calvin Johnson's back and tearing it up again; not a moment too soon for the Replicants, I'm sure.

The World's Smallest Violin
Who's gonna be the first to take a look at my bench and punch me in the neck?

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, pretty much all the top teams faded down the stretch. You, me, and Darcy all started really strong but ranged from bad to mediocre in the last month or so. It ended up being very, very competitive. At least Calvin Johnson's back and tearing it up again; not a moment too soon for the Replicants, I'm sure.
Well, bad news there, too. Stafford is hurt again, so Megatron stays on the bench. Whenever Culpepper plays, Megatron has a slow day.

Go Jackson?

PW's Odd Squad vs. TONGO -
In his final chance to play spoiler, can Tongo get himself a big win AND get some one else into the playoffs? Well here is one person that thinks thats an actual possibility. First off, I just found out Brady injured his finger the other day, and although he is playing, that may limit his accuracy, distance, etc... so it could hinder PW from getting the normal numbers from the Brady/Welker connection he has become accustomed to. With Rice, Fitzgerald and Jones all having tough matchups going this weekend too, it isn't going to be easy for the Odd Squad to get points, but Tongo is really gonna need his team to overproduce to seal the deal. Favre and Harvin could do well against the Desert Pigeons, but Mason and Barber are gonna have uphill battles and Chris Brown may not tally much splitting carries 3 ways, but you never know. I really need you to win Tongo and win BIG!! GOOD LUCK DUDE!!
....and then reality struck.

Of course if somehow Willis McGahee and Ray Rice trade their fantasy totals and Derrick Masion has a 20 some point day and this would be while the Green Bay defense racked up another 20 some points maybe then I could win. Yeah I caught a buttwhoopin Glad youre in PW. -Throws a beer bottle at one of the Odd Squad-

My predictions mostly came true with Dolphins beating the Pats, but I couldnt predict just how bad my team would underperform. Marion Barber, Heath Miller, Chris Brown, and even Gostkowski killed me totalling 19.60 points!!!

I was watching some of the Minn/Arizona game with my mom who knows little of football, and she kept saying "That guy is an awesome player and shows heart" Of course she was talking about Fitzgerald. I like Brett but sometimes when he has a bad game he dont fool around. Great season though I sure sucked. I sucked a bunch.

You didn't suck, but hopefully you learned that giving your guys a chance to do something before you dump them is important.

I don't really think that'd be fair, actually (and probably not plausible, unless they had a really high waiver priority and wanted just one of them).

I'm not sure if Yahoo has a roster lock on, but a lot of leagues do, to prevent this sort of thing.

No losers playoffs?! BOOOOO!!!! I should file a discrimination lawsuit against Yahoo.

Well in 2 other leagues Im in the running at least. The 3rd league is my all Buccaneer team which might have a shot at winning sunday against a real weak fantasy team, BUT the Bucs have to play the Jets.

My NFL.Com team 10-3, and leading the league
http://30908313846.football.nfl.com/teams/page

QB Brees
WR Miles Austin
WR Greg Jennings
WR Derrick Mason
RB Ricky Williams
RB Jamaal Charles
TE Vernon Davis
K Lawrence Tynes though was Carney till last weekend
D New Orlean Saints

My other Yahoo team 5-4, and 4th place. Actually this teams more loaded except at QB. Never underestimate the value of a good QB Oh Ida loved to have had this team in our league

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1053056/10

QB Alex Smith or Kyle Orton. Nobody would trade me a QB, and heres why...
WR Hines Ward
WR Andre Johnson
WR Sidney Rice
(bench - DeSean Jackson or Robert Meachum)
RB MJD
RB Ray Rice
(bench - Kevin Smith & Tim Hightower)
TE Dallas Clark
K Matt Prater or Carney
Def Baltimore Ravens

I failed to make the playoffs.
What a great season though.
The most important thing is that I had fun with my MoFo friends.
And I did.
Congratulations to the playoff teams, and good luck.
One last thing.
I'm disappointed my team lost this plast week.
!@#*!