Paranormal Activity

→ in
Tools    

I haven't seen it. I have had a feeling that I wouldn't like it, but my friend who also loves horror films really liked it, and I usually agree with him on everything.

I would recommend not missing out on Saw VI, though, because that did scare me in terms of worrying about how I'm gonna die one day. I don't wanna die in a Saw trap.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Just got back from both films.

My girlfriend hates scary movies, so she was grossed out by SAW and terrified of Paranormal.

Suspect's Reviews

A system of cells interlinked
Saw it Friday - I liked it.

Certainly not amazing in any way, but not a bad film, either...

I will say that I found Peli's mundane, static shots of the bedroom more chilling than any section of jump-cut, rapid fire footage from any of the Saw films...

I saw this and I found it to be very creepy. Watch this movie in the theaters and then go home and try to fall asleep next to your spouse or whomever...trust me you'll wonder if

*SEMI SPOILER*

they're going to wake up at night and stare at you for a couple of hours.

*END SPOILER*

That being said, the people who went into this movie thinking they were watching real footage are in for one hell of a scare.

To the person who wrote the review, you must be really Jaded by horror movies if you were not scared by the movie, and you dint like it to the point you wanted your money back.

I dont like horror movies, mainly because of what you said about scary movies today beeing mostly gore and popping out, but beeing that its october i decided to give it a Go and i can say i was not disappointed, maybe it isn't the best horror movie ever, but i can onestly say it had me scared at various parts, i understant what you say about the movie being 1/4 tension and that the movie gives you "brakes" in between scares but as the movie progresses they become shorter and far between, and towards the end you can see the desperation in the couple knowing that even daylight cant protect them and you cant feel safe (little bit of Freddy Kruger where they cant go to sleep) and its definitely wort seeing, specialy considering the crap that passes as horror these days, i give it a thumbs up.

I cant help and feel that maybe you were over hyped for this movie and that's why you are disappointed , but to each his won.

WARNING: "Favorite parts" spoilers below
when the girl gets dragged was terrifying i felt i was beeing dragged with her

When the psychic tells them that he cant be in the house, and that hes making things worse by beeing there and leaves really gives you a sense of desperation that no one can help you

plus i live near san diego(were the film takes place) so the streets are really familiar so that gives it a extra creepy edge

I can't tell you how angry I am...I wasted money when I could have easily just downloaded it and watched it at home...AHHH.
you are missing out on great sound effects witch are part of the movie, id say sound is like 30% of the movie.

Paranormal sounds like a good movie.
I may go see it.

It is an Ok movie, not bad but not that good also. And yap there is some creepy part but it's not enough to scare the hell out of you.

Maybe it was because I knew that this wasn't real footage, but I though that this was a horrible movie. When I went, the only people who were scared were the teenage girls. For me, it just wasn't even close to a movie like John Carpenter's version of The Thing or The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I just expected a lot more and didn't see any build up of tension. Just a boring, horrible excuse for a horror movie in my opinion.

The film was pure build-up, and I don't think anyone else has disputed that. The film is an exercise in psychological conditioning, meant to build dread, and it does so in spades. Meanwhile, you talk about these alleged "scary" movies, but are ANY films genuinely scary? They aren't to me, and never have been. Yes, even when I saw The Thing in theaters in 1982, it was certainly unsettling, but it wasn't scary, per se.

By the by, the footage in The Thing isn't real, either, so how does that fact have anything to do with these films being either scary or good?

I don't know, I was just hoping for a good payoff at the end, and I didn't think there was. One of my friends did tell me they saw the original ending on youtube before it was taken down though and said that it was much better. For some reason, I just don't enjoy the documentary style of horror movies in general, so maybe that's why I couldn't get into it. I thought that the blair witch was lame too when I saw it in the theater, but I enjoyed it more when I watched it at home, so maybe I will feel the same way about this movie later by myself with the lights turned off.

hey guys are there a thread in scariest movies?

I don't know, I was just hoping for a good payoff at the end, and I didn't think there was. One of my friends did tell me they saw the original ending on youtube before it was taken down though and said that it was much better. For some reason, I just don't enjoy the documentary style of horror movies in general, so maybe that's why I couldn't get into it. I thought that the blair witch was lame too when I saw it in the theater, but I enjoyed it more when I watched it at home, so maybe I will feel the same way about this movie later by myself with the lights turned off.

Ok, now this makes more sense. Although it didn't bother me, I can see people being disappointed about the final few minutes. Personally, I liked the end, but I can understand why some folks would be put off by it. The film did build dread very well, so I don't think that can be faulted (the build-up).

until now, i haven't seen the movie because im easily scared and still looking for someone to watch it with me

This movie is so sick. Great actors and very effective film. Looks like its f@$(*%$*n real.. I just watch it last 2 days ago. Damn so creepy when
WARNING: "Paranormal Activity" spoilers below
the board lit up and when the girl was dragged out of bed.. Also the standing part.. When she sleep standing for almost to tiring hours...

ohmygos: CAN I please just say this: paranormal activity is the most over-hyped, totally UN-scary film ever. i've seen it and its all the typical tricks in the bag:
- door opening by itself
-invisible footprints
-shaking chandelier
-telly on by itself..?

seriously now. if that's scary then i dont know what else is.

i read somewhere that the budget for the film was 15,000$! - ********...

I didn't like this movie that much! It dragged on, and it's filled with every single cliche in the book.

My thoughts exactly...oh but I'd give it a 1/5.

WARNING: "Could be counted as" spoilers below
One thing I found really funny is how the camera sped up just before something happened. Where's the build up? Where's the tension?

It's a terrible movie.

Mr.brightside's comment contains spoilers...is there anything someone can do about that? Please?

I don't have anything against the fact that he liked the film,its just a little inconsiderate to talk about parts of a film people may have not seen.

Mr.brightside's comment contains spoilers...is there anything someone can do about that? Please?

Taken care of... sorry about that...

You guys please remember not everyone has seen every movie so add spoiler tags so you don't ruin a movie for anyone else.... I haven't seen this one yet myself...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)