→ in
Tools    

I have followed the whole 2012 thing for awhile now so needless to say I was pretty excited awhile back when I found out that there was a movie in the making around the 2012 theory.

The special effects were great, the story however was,,,,, awfull. It was like this, OH thats cool, followed by, I seen that coming. There was no suspense, you knew who was gona die who was gona live and you knew what was going to happen next. My advice is wait to watch it on your home theater system.

One man for the job but the right man
haha sucks to get a review like that for a movie like this.. especially since 2012 was a highly anticipated film too. But regardless, im still gonna give it a watch and see how it is for myself. =)

Saw this yesterday. It's pretty ****. Effects are alright and what you would expect from a Emmerich picture but other than that it's cliched tedious stuff. I need to end the year with a much better film.

I've always enjoyed watching some of the older disaster movies... but this one just holds no interest for me at all... and if I ever do watch it, it will probably be after it hits one of the regular cable movie channels...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

But at least the little girl no longer needs training pants. So it was all worth it in the end.

And oh yeah...**** the rich!

I could get into this for free, but I don't know if I'm even going to see it anymore. Everyone I know has said it was ****, even kids at school who tend to like this crap.

One of my biggest issues, and I do not think this is really spoilerish, is the lack of concern about the millions that are dying, they are just so much background noise.

If you like to see **** getting blown up then I highly recommend this but other than that, the movie is just an insensitive depiction of life in an apocalyptic moment.

I saw the movie and its quite dragging for me. But good movie.

I was looking forward to the movie, 2012.
The special effects were pretty good, but after awhile, had no effect on me.
I wasn't immersed in the movie, I kept reminding myself that it was a movie.

One of my biggest issues, and I do not think this is really spoilerish, is the lack of concern about the millions that are dying, they are just so much background noise.
That's spot on! The special effects are really good, everything is pretty predictable, but they completely gloss over the fact that 99% of the population just got wiped off the face of the earth..........

I also thought they could have done much more for the ending. I would have loved to have seen what was left, how they would live, if anyone else made it.....

The movie is good only for the special effects. Story-wise, the movie is tedious.

I give 2 and a half stars out of 5

How do I add the popcorn rating picture?

EXACTLY. No emotional investment whatsoever. What's as worse was when
WARNING: "SPOILERS" spoilers below
The main woman's husband dies in that machine thingy and nobody even bats an eyelid?!? One of the main characters does and it's all la de da

I wish i could give it at least 2 stars but i can't (1.5/5)- I was really disappointed to say the least. Lets just say i didn't walk out the theatre because the ticket had already been 12$ and i had a large drink of soda (5$) and popcorn on my lap which totaled at least all in all 25+ bucks!

This movie is really good.. I wonder why some don't like it, but most that I talked to said it was really good.

This movie is really good.. I wonder why some don't like it, but most that I talked to said it was really good.
How old were they, nine? ten? eleven- tops! haha

Big Chico's Movie Blog
Today is a banner day in the Chico residence. My son Lil’ Chico has written a review of 2012. He spent a good amount of time on this while watching his beloved Chicago Bears get their butts kicks by that media whore Brett Favre and the Vikings. So here is his review of 2012.

Hi my name is Lil’ Chico and I wanted to help my dad by writing a review for 2012. The movie is about this guy who’s a writer who lost his family to divorce. His wife is got a new boy friend and his son acts like he likes the boyfriend more than the dad. The Dad (John Cusack) comes to take his son and daughter camping while all these earthquakes and natural disasters are happening all over the world. When he takes them the Yellow Stone Park it’s closed off because the government is testing heat levels. He decides to camp at another spot and finds this crazy guy (Woody Harrelson) out there talking about the end of the world and these big governments cover ups. Of course the dad doesn’t believe him until his ex- wife is almost swallowed by a huge earthquake in a grocery store with her dork boyfriend. After they come back the dad realizes everything the crazy guy (Woody Harrelson) said was true.

That’s when all the action starts. It was kind of slow up to this point. The movie was like a freight train. Once it started going it didn’t stop. The special effects were AWESOME! They flew over Hawaii in one scene and the whole thing was an erupting volcano. It was really cool.

My favorite part was watching the dad do anything to save his family. I made sure to tell my dad that he better do the same if this really happened. I really didn’t care for all the rich people being able to get tickets for the arcs and all the regular people getting stuck.

Overall there really isn’t that much of a plot, but this totally fun to watch. So if you’re into none stop action this is the movie for you.

I actually enjoyed the film... I think that focusing on the death of millions, even billions is just to much. I mean just the fact that you are witnessing the earth basically fall apart is tragic enough but death would be secondary! Hey don't get me wrong I would be crapping my pants but hell it is a movie however!