Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

I think that I never got a response. Reminder offer I guess. Anyway theres no response so I cancelled it.

So "put out" with Percy already?
No this is all about the B.B.D.

Attention everyone! Im looking for a top tier WR or RB.

I will trade 3 players for 1 top tier WR or RB.

Im offering Johnny Knox, Percy Harvin, and Jamal Lewis.

Willing to talk turkey. Thanks

A system of cells interlinked
Um, what?

Sorry, but I clearly stated before, and will state again - I never wanted Eli Manning...ever. Our trade was Fred Jackson for Derrik Mason. Remember the conversation about Manning and McNabb, and how I didn't need Manning? How quickly you forget...

As for the trade at hand, here is Manning's rank this week, c/o Rotoworld.

10 Eli Manning

And here is Darren Sproles...

23 Darren Sproles

Sproles had one carry for ZERO yards last week....ONE. He's a back-up!

Manning will go off for 2-3 TDs and close to 300 yards this week. Play him, you'll see.

And actually, Fred Jackson IS the punt/kickoff return guy on the Bills this week, and I still wouldn't trade him for Eli. Meanwhile, if you think returns are any sort of consistent fantasy point source, I don't know what to tell you...

Do you think I am the only one voting this thing down? Sorry, but I doubt many people in the league are going to allow a top 12 QB to be traded for a back-up running back... I don't think the system allows just one person to vote a trade down, Tongo...

TONGO, please relax. And don't start tossing around accusations about Sedai's motivation here, either, because I voted against the trade, and I don't want you playing Eli against me this weekend. Take the vote at face value: it was voted down because it's very lopsided.

There's nothing hypocritical going on, either, because you simply can't equate Jackson and Sproles. Jackson is nearly splitting touches with Lynch; Sproles is not. Your entire accusation is predicated on the idea that they're the same, but they aren't.

EDIT: Sproles has 3 total touches in his last two games (IE: the games where Tomlinson's been healthy again). Fred Jackson has had 30 (exactly 15 each game) in the last two, even with M. Lynch back. The situations are completely different.

Yes, it's a game, but it's a game with rules. And nobody likes it when trades load certain teams up with starters or depth, and that's what would have happened here. The rules state (if I'm reading them correctly; I didn't expected this to come up) that a third of the owners need to vote against a deal, so at least 5 people voted against this; that's almost half of the 12 teams who weren't involved in the deal. This isn't two or three people ganging up on you.

I don't agree with your assessment of the RB landscape; it isn't "barren," it's just that people aren't comfortable giving up significant value for Eli Manning. And even if you really need an RB, that doesn't mean you kill off your own depth to get it.

Look, I'm sorry you've had a rough start to the season. If you want to trade a ton, that's up to you. But Manning for Sproles is a bad trade; it's just as simple as that. I almost never vote against deals; this is the first time I've even really considered doing it this year, and I'm guessing the same is true for everyone else, so this isn't some kind of conspiracy. We all want to have fun, but it's not fun when a panic move unfairly helps another team out, is all. This doesn't have to be a big deal.

Edit in - This was not in response to Yodas post

Ive been compulsively trading, and am exhausted with all this. It went from fun to obsessive, and thats nobodys fault but my own.

I really like the Forum, I like y'all, and want to stay in the league and be in next years too. Next time Ill draft wiser, trade alot less, and chill.

Sedai I apologize to you for judging your personal character! I went over the line and truly apologize.

Hello everyone.
I was looking around and found this thread.
Once in awhile, I'll grab someone from the what is it?
Waivers list?
Show me how to do it, and I'll trade the Falcons for Eli Manning, or Peyton Manning.

Slug go to the Players section of the Fantasy league then hit the green plus sign. You then have the option of dropping a player from your team to make room for the new guy. As for getting Peyton Manning I wish I could help ya.

LOL! Yeah it was worth a shot. Dang I actually thought it was funny when he first offered him. This just isnt gonna be my season.

Petey was right, and the truth hurts. In my stoned stupidity I drafted Lendale White, Jonathan Stewart, but actully got Burleson and Austin Miles too! Thats besides Roddy White & Steve Smith AUGH! Damn theres no escaping the plain math! In retrospect Warner Slaton ended up being a great money deal for me, but IF I had been patient I would have nabbed Mendenhall on waivers, got Cadillac on waivers, and who knows probably Carson Palmer or Chad Henne too.

This season will end up being a Paris Island of Fantasy Football lessons learned by me. Fact is this - overtrading kills your team. No matter the math of the deal there is no predicting the ups & downs each player will have, and its just absurd to let go of anybody big before week 3.

I need to apologize again for my hotheadedness. Damn you just dont know how bad I wanted to have a good team this season. Is there a way to disable ones own trade offer button? jk

A system of cells interlinked
Well said...

And dude - I did all the same **** my first season, and I made plenty of errors last season, as well. I dropped Colston out on to the wire as a free agent after the week 2 game. People got ALL over me, but I just didn't understand why, as the guy had been terrible up until that point. Of course, once he got going around game 4-5, he was dominant the rest of the season.

Open announcement -

I need a RB, and am willing to trade anybody but Brett and Cedric to get one. Open to an offer, and will reply. Thanks

Petey was right, and the truth hurts. In my stoned stupidity I drafted Lendale White, Jonathan Stewart, but actully got Burleson and Austin Miles too! Thats besides Roddy White & Steve Smith AUGH! Damn theres no escaping the plain math! In retrospect Warner Slaton ended up being a great money deal for me, but IF I had been patient I would have nabbed Mendenhall on waivers, got Cadillac on waivers, and who knows probably Carson Palmer or Chad Henne too.
I'm gonna defend you here a bit. I think the White/Stewart things were just bad luck. I liked White a fair bit coming into this year, and would've been happy taking Stewart if he'd fallen another round. They were definitely legit picks, you just got unlucky, though less so with Stewart, who just needed some time to get going.

I look back on the draft and it's amazing how many players just randomly suck. I remember being bummed that I had to settle for Colston when Bowe went three spots in front of me, and look how that turned out. I totally lucked out by not getting the guy I wanted. There were lots of guys I would've been thrilled with if they'd dropped to me, but who I ended up being lucky to avoid.

I think you're right about the Warner/Slaton deal, though. I liked that at the time and even though Brady's been great lately, Warner and Slaton have been very good, too, particularly given that you had some QB depth in case Warner's age caught up with him. Though one 40-year-old QB backing up another is a bit odd.

This season will end up being a Paris Island of Fantasy Football lessons learned by me. Fact is this - overtrading kills your team. No matter the math of the deal there is no predicting the ups & downs each player will have, and its just absurd to let go of anybody big before week 3.
I think that's a good general rule. It's lame because sometimes it makes sense to sell early, and it's hard to know who's done (S. Smith) and who's just starting slow (R. White). I'd say the majority of guys in the first three rounds are worth hanging onto at least 4-5 weeks into the season, though, with only a handful of exceptions. But that's just playing the percentages; usually it'll work, but every now and then it won't.

I need to apologize again for my hotheadedness. Damn you just dont know how bad I wanted to have a good team this season. Is there a way to disable ones own trade offer button? jk
No biggie man. Speaking for myself, I appreciate your passion. A little drama is a small price to pay for an owner who cares about their team, and I'd certainly take it over the alternative.

Powdered Water - Im coming for Correll Buckhalter like a pit bull on a bloody rope. Just accept whatever trade I offer or else Ill keep poking this voodoo doll of Tom Brady every sunday.
How bout...
Nate Burleson

Anybody interested in trading with me? I would be willing to trade Greg Olsen, and maybe one of my receivers.

I'm looking for a decent running back.

A public acknowledgement to Darcy for trading Visanthe Shiancoe for Kyle Orton. Also to WBadger for trading Kevin Walter for Jamal Lewis.

Me and Sedai hopefully will haggle out a deal as Ive got an extra Tight End now.

At 1-7 my season is done, but I do have fun trading and like to help those with holes in their lineup. Anyone needs help fell free to call Dr Tongo! Ill take care of all your needs!

Visanthe Shiancoe has been traded to The Replicants for Michael "Hurry up and be a star" Crabtree. Thanks Seds

Larry Johnson!

Youre fired!

LOL! I love it! Suddenly Jamaal Charles is a starter for the Chiefs, Ive got 2 starting RBs playing and one of thems not on the Browns. Im having to search for reasons to trade! I love it! Sigh. I actually caught a break. Sorry Larry Idk alls I got to tell you is dont get on Twitter stoned.

Guys I hope everyone is having alot of fun this season. I reflect and being almost 1-8 I have had more fun than last year when I would have gone all-the -way I had a 5 or 6 game winning streak then my 2 QBs Schaub AND Orton broke their legs on the same day! The same day! Er...uh..the point is though this years been better, because of everyone, and Im glad to be a part of it.