Where The Wild Things Are

→ in
Tools    

I haven't seen it yet either, but then I'm not expecting to see it. However, if I did see it, I think it'd be lucky to get 1/5 from me. It looks like those awful 80's kids films that I hated.

Well, I don't know how everybody feels about Roger Ebert, but he gave this film 3/4 stars.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
As I said in Sexy's review thread, I give it
, but I'm not ready to discuss it. I enjoyed the direction and the awesome "wild" locations and sets. The kid was just about perfect, and I was surprised to hear so many songs with Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs) singing and not screaming with no electric guitars within earshot. However, I was disappointed that I never heard or saw the Wild Things gnash their terrible teeth. Brenda cried at the ending, and even though I didn't, it was poignant. I've read this book to hundreds of little kids sitting on the floor in front of me, and they always laugh and scream. It's a wonderful participatory book, at least if you can roar your terrible roar and gnash your terrible teeth the way I can.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Aww, mark, how cute. I'm imagining you gnashing your terrible teeth, lol.

My roommate just took her 5 year old niece. They loved it and my roommate said she got a bit choked up at the end. This is someone who doesn't seem to like many movies, to be honest.

I must have read that book to both my sons a thousand times.

Yet you were the only one to give me negative rep for it!
Well maybe I didn't think you should have given it what you did. The movie wasn't that bad to give it such a harsh review. You are practically the only person who probably hated the movie

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I haven't seen the film, but Karen O is sexy. Of course in an interview I saw with her she appeared like a complete ditz. But I like her music.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Well maybe I didn't think you should have given it what you did. The movie wasn't that bad to give it such a harsh review. You are practically the only person who probably hated the movie
So now people have to limit their criticism of things they don't like? Does this work in reverse? If someone gives a film 5/5 and declares it they favourite film of all time, will they get neg repped too?

I'm trying to put together a top 100 of my favourite films for this place, but, considering the films on it, I think I could get neg repped to the ninth circle if this is the new law of the land.

I think the big question here is:

WILL YOUR FIVE-YEAR-OLD LIKE IT?

and nothing else matters.

I hope it does really well so that the Jim Henson Company can go on to make other pictures.
MUPPETS! (rule)