What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Just preordered my copy of The Futurama movies boxset due for uk release monday 19th and I cant wait for it.

Ride The High Country by Sam Peckinpah.

Why? It is a Sam Peckinpah movie. Nuff said.

Trick r Treat

Welcome to the human race...

As for why - well, I honestly can't be bothered trying to keep up with TV schedules.

Shame about some of the ropey CGI in "Midnight Meat Train". Tis bad.
They should have had more back plot about the ending as well from the book. It made more sense in print.
BUT...I did enjoy it and it was nicely messy!

LOVE "The Wire"! May end up getting the box set when i can afford.

Nice buys everyone.

Picked up "Seinfeld" - 'Series 1 & 2', cheap.
Never actually seen it, but I adore "Curb your Enthusiasm" so i thought I'd give it a go.

We got the 3D edition with 4 pairs of glasses, its my first 3D movie so it will be interesting to see how good this 3D palavour is like.

Sadly home systems can't do the new 3D like in the cinemas. It's back to the old style 3D for the DVD's.
I have to say I don't like it. It never really works and the picture is always bad.
Best wait until they can do the new 3D system at home.
But at least the 3D version was as good as a freebie with the 2D version on "Coraline", so no loss.

Heard some bad things about "Wrong Turn 3". Let us know how it is, as I liked number 2 great deal, (we won't mention the first one).
I enjoyed the first one alot. Wrong Turn 2 was alright, but I just watched Wrong Turn 3....I watched like the first 30 minutes of it and it just completely sucks ass. So I just got rid of it

The People's Republic of Clogher

Ain't seen this in years.

Welcome to the human race...
I'll never understand why people feel the need to post massive pictures in this thread. Oh well.
Because it makes posts slightly more interesting?

Because it makes posts slightly more interesting?
It does. I agree.
But you could still make them smaller, like a did when I quoted the "Coraline" post. I simply made the image size 200, not 500. Still looks good.

It does. I agree.
But you could still make them smaller, like a did when I quoted the "Coraline" post. I simply made the image size 200, not 500. Still looks good.
A picture of what was brought or a film somebody is referring to is FAR more interesting than just simply fonting stuff. I like that people take a little extra time to post pictures, plus a screen cap or poster of a film you are not familiar with will give you an idea of what type of film it is.

A picture of what was brought or a film somebody is referring to is FAR more interesting than just simply fonting stuff. I like that people take a little extra time to post pictures, plus a screen cap or poster of a film you are not familiar with will give you an idea of what type of film it is.
It wasn't the use of pictures they were questioning, but the SIZE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It wasn't the use of pictures they were questioning, but the SIZE.
Oh right. Well I still don't think that the pictures are too big to the point of being annoying. As long as they don't fill the entire page i'm cool..

Jackie Chan's Mr Nice Guy

it was a present for someone..

Happy New Year from Philly!
Friendly=stranger, can I pet your invisible cat with my virtual hand?

I just got the Outlaw Josey Wales based on Holden's line about Moby Dick and whistling Dixie.

Thar she blows! A hump like a snowhill. You gonna pull them harpoons or whistle "Dixie" out yer blowhole?
And yes gentlemen, size does matter.