Nightmare on Elm Street Remake

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Well a trailer's a good reason to bump and this threads good to see just Nightmare on Elm Street news.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It's going to take me awhile to get use to Freddy without the classic make-up and Englund voice.

Suspect's Reviews

Movie Fan
Yeah, i agree Englund's voice was creepy. Jackie Earle Haley's voice just sounds like he's talking through a plastic mask and it's not scary at all. If it's a Michael Bay production, than it will most likely suck

The only interesting thing i thought about the trailer, is the fact that it looks like he's accused of a crime he didn't commit so now he's getting his revenge. Where as before Freddie was just disturbed, i don't believe they ever said if he was innocent of the crimes he was accused of.

I'll just netflix it when it becomes available.

I'm sorry but you just can't top the original.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
It's going to take me awhile to get use to Freddy without the classic make-up and Englund voice.
My thoughts exactly

Are they really making him innocent? As far as I remember from the original he was guilty but the people took justice upon themselves.

Anyway, recently seen the trailer.

Hmmm.....Looks far too much like a scene for scene remake to me. What's the point then? Even the glove in the bath sequence for crying out loud!

Never liked this series much anyway (No. 3 is okay) so I feel no love or loyalty...
But having the same scenes simply re-shot is silly and pointless and Freddy just seems the same too, even down to his annoying habit (a really annoying habit as the series went on and in the dreadful 1990's copies which were spewed forth like the awful "Shocker" and "Dr Giggles") of having to spout oh so unfunny lines to his victims I see.

Are they really making him innocent?
Latino Review got a chance to get a look at the newest draft of the script, and via a video review have let us know some details about the plot:

After being burned alive by a mob of angry parents, a pre-school gardener/caretaker named Freddy returns for revenge against the children, now 18 years old, that accused him of sexual abuse. But was Freddy a child molester or was he falsely accused? This is the central question and main addition to the film’s plot. Freddy doesn’t have many lines, but that isn’t all that surprising considering that the film’s producers have said the character doesn’t joke around.
Source: Screenrant

I read today that the producer has said that neither the voice or Freddy's face are the 'final version'.
‘Nightmare On Elm Street’ Producer Responds To Fan Concerns

The release of the A Nightmare On Elm Street trailer finally allowed fans to see not only a glimpse of the upcoming film, but also a glimpse of how Freddy would look and sound. The fan response was overwhelming, but not without controversy.

While fans were interested in seeing the trailer for the film, most walked away feeling one of two ways: “This looks great” or “Michael Bay Sucks.” While the latter might make you believe the discussion was about Transformers 2, remember that Bay’s production studio, Platinum Dunes, is behind this horror re-imagining.

Still, (some) fans are not happy and someone needs to reassure us that they’re not just after a money grab, but are actually looking to make a good movie.

Cue producer, Brad Fuller. On the Platinum Dunes production blog, Fuller attempts to smooth things over with wary fans by finally saying what everyone has been thinking:

“…Drew and I know that NOES is the most important film we’ve made. We know how all you feel about Freddy, and how you feel about us. We don’t want to be the guys who screwed up Freddy and as such are pushing ourselves harder than we’ve ever pushed.”
Now that we’re all on the same page, Fuller moves on to answer fan questions/concerns about the film that arose after seeing the trailer.

Is that Freddy’s final look?

“No, it isn’t - we are continuing to refine Freddy’s look. Many people commented about the CGI on his face - and I don’t want to give everything away but I will say this - Freddy’s face is 98% practical make-up. Moreover, as you now know we went hardcore on what a burn victim really looks like, and I can’t imagine what the comments would have been if he DIDN’T look like a real burn victim.”
Is that Freddy’s final voice?

“No, Jackie spent so much time on the voice, researching what people who’ve has their vocal cords burned sound like. He is still working on it and I suspect that we will be refining it, until the last moment.”
Will it be rated PG-13?

“Are you kidding me? Make no mistake about it this is a R-rated movie.”
A Nightmare On Elm Street will be in theaters April 30, 2010

Source: Screenrant

Trailer looks really bad to me. i not looking forward to this remake

Haley Talks Playing The New Freddy Krueger

MTV recently sat down and had a brief chat with Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen, Little Children) about tackling the iconic role of Freddy Krueger for Platinum Dunes upcoming remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street. (Due in theaters April 30th, 2010)

The actor was surprised and thankful for the on-line support from fans when it came to casting and it paid off as this reporter claims he was Platinum Dunes only choice.

As far as the new approach to this Nightmare?

"I think where [director] Sam [Bayer] is coming from is a darker, more serious place," he says. "It's still fun, but I think it's going to be a little darker, and a little more serious."
Watch the rest of the interview for yourself here.

Jackie Earle Haley, Rooney Mara, Kyle Gallner, Thomas Dekker and Katie Cassidy star in this reboot of the Nightmare franchise.

Synopsis:
Freddy Krueger returns in A Nightmare On Elm Street, a contemporary re-imagining of the horror classic. A group of suburban teenagers share one common bond: they are all being stalked by Freddy Krueger, a horribly disfigured killer who hunts them in their dreams. As long as they stay awake, they can protect one another... but when they sleep, there is no escape. Jackie Earle Haley stars as Krueger.
Source: Shock Till You Drop

Here's a Look at the New Freddy Krueger!

An interview with Randy Falk of the collectibles company NECA has yielded this: A full look at the new Freddy Krueger from New Line's A Nightmare on Elm Street. Perhaps this will inspire the powers-that-be at the studio to reveal a proper photo of the glove-wielding Jackie Earle Haley. This isn't the real deal, but it gives you an idea of what's to come.

The reboot hits theaters on April 30, 2010.

Of the toy, Falk says, "Yes, we have re-acquired the rights to Freddy and Jason. Michael Myers is not part of the New Line franchise but we do have the classic Michael Myers rights as well. We are working on figures from the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street and at least two figures will be out for the release of the film with possibly more to follow. We have also begun work on a definitive classic original ANOES Freddy to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the Elm Street franchise. There will be more news on both Jason and Freddy come Toy Fair."

Source: Shock Till You Drop

I'm psyched but wary. The only picture that doesn't worry me is the pic of Freddy's glove coming out of the bathtub towards the girl's face -- that's the most original Nightmare on Elm Street-like to me.

I think I'll be disappointed.

Unless you didn't like the original or, at least, weren't a fan, I can't see how won't be disapointed by this. If only because it's not the original. I think this is especially true if you were the 'right' age when this was released (mid teens to early twenties).

Behind-the-Scenes of A Nightmare on Elm Street

Found on the newly released The Final Destination Blu-Ray is a behind-the-scenes featurette for Platinum Dunes' remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. We've already seen the trailer, but this video give us a look at the "man behind the mask" Jackie Earle Haley, who plays Freddy Krueger.

Check it out below:

&feature=player_embedded

Source: FirstShowing.net