What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Happy New Year from Philly!
Outside cicadas and crickets. Inside my cat's sitting on the arm of the couch purring directly into my ear.

&NR=1
"500 Miles", Peter, Paul & Mary

R.I.P., Mary Travers
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

R.I.P., Mary Travers

I hadn't heard she had died until I read this... My Mom was always a fan so I grew up listening to them... Mary Travers had a beautiful voice...

Rest in Peace...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Welcome to the human race...
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band ~ Turn the Page

One of my favourite "sad" songs.

liking that second felt song, mark.

i guess that's what i'm listening to right now.

before i was listening to a "mixtape" a friend recently made for me, included songs unheard of (by me) by:

silver apples
simon finn
rocket from the tombs
dog faced hermans
bruce haack
akt

and some others (those were the ones that stood out on first listen).
Really like Silver Apples, especially Contact but the other ones are good too. Like the Dog Faced Hermans too but it has been a while. Not crazy about Simon Finn or that kind of music in general.

I've not really listened to the others. What is akt?

oh yeah:

I like it, Mark. I just got Forever Breathes the Lonely Word last week, so it was pretty neat to see it on here. That whole album is great stuff.

Listening to it now, incidentally.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I have almost the entire Felt collection, including 12" singles, on vinyl, and I have a friend coming over tomorrow so that's an excuse to play all of 'em. I wish you guys could show up. (Southern Cal).

Sounds like a good time. Unfortunately that would be a very long drive from WV.

Yes, more fiddling.

Gaelic Storm, "Midnight Kiss." This one's near album-quality, thankfully. Gets "fun" around three minutes in. Terribly impressive stuff when it really gets going.

The People's Republic of Clogher
New Order - Temptation

I'd never seen this clip before, and what can I say? Digging Barney's short shorts.

My favourite band.

Employee of the Month
Jack Johnson - Upside Down

Slipknot - Wait and Bleed (Live)

&feature=PlayList&p=5E219FD52960D7FA&index=30