What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

and The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I havent seen Big Fish, whats it like?

A story about a son trying to learn more about his dying father by reliving stories and myths his father told him about himself.

(taken from imdb.com)

The Quick And The Dead - I've never seen this movie that Leo stars in, so I wanted to buy it & add it to my Leo DVD Collection

Marvin's Room - Same reason why I wanted to buy The Quick And The Dead

Celebrity - Same reason why I wanted to buy The Quick And The Dead & Marvin's Room

The Man In The Iron Mask - I've only ever seen this movie with Leo in it once & I really liked it so I wanted to buy it & add it to my Leo DVD collection

The Beach - I've seen this movie a few times & liked it so I wanted to buy it & put in my Leo DVD Collection

Dirty Dancing - I've been wanting to buy this movie for ages, I just love it so much, It's my fave Dance type of movie

Pretty Woman - This is such a great movie, I really enjoy watching this movie so that's why I bought it

The Sweetest Thing - I've been wanting to get this movie for a long time, It's one of my fave movies that Cameron stars in

Senifeld - Season 4 - I like this comedy show, I find it quite good to watch, I want to collect the whole series so far besides this one I've got Season's 1 & 2

The Brady Bunch - Season 2 - Because I wasn't born yet when this show came out but I was when they used to play re-runs of the show here in Australia in the 90's & I loved it. I thought it would be fun to buy the whole series of it on DVD, So far besides Season 2 I have Season 1

"Dead Snow" - Hoping for the first really good Nazi Zombies flick. Nothing so far has barely scraped average at best.

Awww, I kinda' like Shock Waves.

Anyway, picked these up

Lethal Chiba includes The Killing Machine, The Executioner, & Karate Inferno: The Executioner II. I have it on good authority that The Executioner is an absolute classic, so looking forward to that one.

The Sister Street Fighter collection has the entire series and was a bargain.

I've been waiting for the Blue Underground release of Martino's Torso because the Shameless UK edition has a godawful (non-reversible) cover with the slogan 'Where whores meet saws' on it. I just wish Case of the Scorpion's Tail wasn't so bloody expensive so I could add that one to my collection too.

Awww, I kinda' like Shock Waves.

Anyway, picked these up

Lethal Chiba includes The Killing Machine, The Executioner, & Karate Inferno: The Executioner II. I have it on good authority that The Executioner is an absolute classic, so looking forward to that one.

The Sister Street Fighter collection has the entire series and was a bargain.

I've been waiting for the Blue Underground release of Martino's Torso because the Shameless UK edition has a godawful (non-reversible) cover with the slogan 'Where whores meet saws' on it. I just wish Case of the Scorpion's Tail wasn't so bloody expensive so I could add that one to my collection too.
Ha, i was put off by that line on the UK Torso. Guessing our one's cut as well

Trumbo

Nightwatching

Le Jour Se Lève
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

HARDCAST OVERLORD
Flag of Iron
Life Gamble
Iron Giant
D.O.A (Blu-Ray)
From Dusk Till Dawn (Blu-Ray)

No the UK edition is completely uncut and has a very good picture transfer. It's just that the cover is awful and not a fair representation of the film, which is a very well made giallo. It really pees me off that many of these cult movies don't get a decent run out in the UK. Poor transfers, wrong aspect ratios, cut versions, crap covers; you name it. I've said it before and I'll say it again; thank god for internet shopping.

In the post today, I got the full collection of Blondie films (old B&W's) on 10 DVD's. I've never seen them but thought the newspaper strips and comics were great.

No, it's uncut.

"Crank 2"

"Dead Snow"

And, forgive me, The '£1 shop' had some cheap Horror DVD's;

"Blood Gnome" - I know nothing except that it had a groovy trailer.

"Camp Blood 1 & 2" - Infamous SOV Slasher efforts. Not read good things, but seen a couple of fun clips.

"Jackhammer Massacre" - No idea at all.

"Strange Things Happen at Sundown" - No idea at all, again.

Picked these up today...

Frightmare because it's supposed to be a cult classic (Pete Walker's best anyway) and I've never seen it.

I already own the EC Entertainment release of Lamberto Bava's average giallo A Blade in the Dark, and got this double feature disc just for Macabre.

The Designated Victim
because it's supposed to be brilliant, and this release is the most complete version of the film. What Have They Done to Your Daughter? is Massimo Dallamano's follow up (not sequel) to his classic giallo What Have You Done to Solange? which I've just seen (and loved). My Dear Killer was a punt, don't know anything about it. All the Shameless releases above are uncut. I've even heard the Dallamano film runs longer than the R1 edition, due to a few seconds of extra violenza!!!

Frightmare because it's supposed to be a cult classic (Pete Walker's best anyway) and I've never seen it.
It's very English and very 70's. But it's damn fine and one of Walker's best.

The wonderful and disgracefully overlooked Sheila Keith is outsanding!

I can say you have to check out "The Confessional" and "House of Whipcord" too.

Fair. I've only seen a couple in HMV, they always catch my eye but always hesitate buying any on the likelihood they're crap