What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I'm a sucker for anything having to do with amusement parks and roller coasters.

The People's Republic of Clogher

I'm a happy Tatty today because I think this is the very last VHS upgrade I'll be doing, and what a fantastic film to be doing it with. So to speak.

3 discs of beguiling dreaminess.

The People's Republic of Clogher
That it is.

One of the most evocative and, as you say, beautiful films I've ever seen. £8.99 on the HMV site, which is a bit of a bargain.

Dachshunds Fear Me
Fantastic! That movie has haunted me for years; it's one of the films that made me love Australian cinema.

George: Arthur.

Taxi 2 since its the best movie ever

I used the last of the money I raised from the sale of my techno records to buy these...

Pupi Avati's The House With Laughing Windows (1976)

&

Massimo Dallamano's What Have You Done to Solange? (1972)

Both films are considered amongst the best examples of the Italian Giallo, and therefore essential. In fact our very own honeykid drew my attention to What Have You Done to Solange? rating it as one of his favourites, so I'm looking forward to seeing that one in particular

Sugar

Sin Nombre
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Someone recommended Sin Nombre to me today, then I checked out the trailer and lost the enthusiasm for the film I caught from the person who mentioned it, not that trailers are the final word on such matters. I'd appreciate it if one of you two, or better yet both, would mention what you thought of the film. A simple rating would suffice for me.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."