Classic Actresses & Actors - Who do you like?

Tools    

I really like Katharine Hepburn, she seemed like a very nice person but I've never seen any movies that she has been in . So what movies has she been in?

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I haven't seen a lot of her films, but she is a wonderful actress. I highly reccomend her films with Cary Grant:

There's another, Sylvia Scarlett, but it I haven't seen

I've seen a bit of Guess Who's Coming To Dinner . I thought it was a quite a good film.

Also, thanks for those movie suggestions Classicqueen13 & honeykid .

Banned from Hollywood.
classic actors:

1.James Stewart

2.Gregory Peck

3.Marlon Brando

classic actresses:

1.Audrey Hepburn

2.Bette Davis

3.Ingrid Bergman

i think i m gonna add Greta Garbo as well

There's another, Sylvia Scarlett, but it I haven't seen
Sylvia Scarlett is no masterpiece, but it is the movie that really started Cary's star rising and led to Topper and more importantly The Awful Truth, which truly created the Cary Grant romantic comedy persona that still endures as an icon today. Grant had been in twenty-one movies in the four years before Sylvia Scarlett, but even more than She Done Him Wrong it was the movie that helped him move to the next level on his way to superstar. It was, however, a bomb for Hepburn and director George Cukor and apart from Cary's natural Cockney charms it is a pretty silly flick. There are about four dozen other movies with either Kate or Cary I would recommend before Sylvia Scarlett.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Sylvia Scarlett is no masterpiece, but it is the movie that really started Cary's star rising and led to Topper and more importantly The Awful Truth, which truly created the Cary Grant romantic comedy persona that still endures as an icon today. Grant had been in twenty-one movies in the four years before Sylvia Scarlett, but even more than She Done Him Wrong it was the movie that helped him move to the next level on his way to superstar. It was, however, a bomb for Hepburn and director George Cukor and apart from Cary's natural Cockney charms it is a pretty silly flick.
If I recall correctly, it is also Cary's first film with George Cukor with whom he made some great films later on. I never quite understood why She Done Him Wrong was considered Cary's breakthrough role when he had such a relatively small amount of time on screen. I suppose it got him a lot of publicity being with Mae West and all.

Ida Lupino I thought she was gorgeous when i was young she did mostly TV.

In High Sierra with Humphrey Bogart

Banned from Hollywood.
Just thought i would post some classic actors and actresses from my country...just to pay homage to these true legends

Lambros Konstantaras

A versatile dramatic and comedic actor trully popular from the mid 50s to mid 60s.Mostly considerer a comedic actor though, he is often regarded as the King Of Comedy in Greece.

Dionysis Papagiannopoulos

As popular as Konstantaras and same acting range

Dimitri Horn

The most popular dramatic Greek actor. Often played in many dramatic films. Considered by many people in Greece as the greatest Greek actor to have ever lived.

Thanasis Veggos

One of the most popular and loved Greek comedians..(he is still alive),,my personal favorite as well.

Mimis Fotopoulos

Mid 50s, early 60s actor.

Alekos Alexandrakis

Often called the King of Romantic films, in Greece..played in a lot of Romantic comedies etc...

and for the ladies...

Maro Kontou

Played in drama as well as comedy.

Rena Vlahopoulou

Often called the Queen of comedy in Greece.

Zoe Laskari

Incredibly talented dramatic actress.

Aliki Vougiouklaki

To this day still the most popular and loved actress in Greece.

Elena Nathanael

Late 60s and 70s.

Jenny Karezi

Second in popularity to Vougiouklaki , and my personal favorite ...not hard to see why....great actress as well.

...and some classic Greek actresses who had an international career and were also able to break hollywood

Melina Mercouri

Irene Papas

and

Katina Paxinou

still the only one to ever win an Oscar. (Best Supporting Actress 1943 , for the movie For Whom The Bell Tolls)

Banned from Hollywood.
yeah i definitely forgot Irene..lol..when i went to bed last night and turned off the pc i was like..oh..someone's definitely going to mention her....Katina Paxinou as well.....thanks markf

Banned from Hollywood.
exceptional actress...although i know a lot of people who to this day consider her a better person than an actress...

doesnt work for me though , as she was trully both...and a lot more