Rocky Horror Picture Show

→ in
Tools    

LOL>..
I jsut spent the last 30 minutes listening to my husband beg me to do thing s to him like:
"GOD JUST SHOOT ME"
"OH MY EYES... GOUGE THEM OUT NOW!"
plus great little comments about the charactors' sexual orientations... LOL... I wont bother to post them here, you fill in the blanks...

hahaha...
Thats right I forced him to sit through some of Rocky Horror Picture Show... LOL...

You guys love it or hate it?

I want to be dirty....
:ta-ta-ta-ta-touch me....
I want to be dirty....
Creature of the night....

lol...
wish we had a drag queen smiley... LOL

A drag queen smilie? Chris, may I make one?

I had this period where I loved Rocky Horror after somebody gave me the DVD for my birthday. I ended up getting the soundtrack and the poster, and then I played a satanic transvestite in a video with some friends (dancing to "Time Warp" on my bed with a girl, lip-synching to "Sweet Transvestite", then trying to hump someone to "Creature of the Night").

It's a great, hysterical film, sometimes endearing, and a fabulous musical. I can't believe it's Richard O'Brien's baby, cause I thought his "Riff Raff" character was the lamest thing about the film. I didn't become a cult follower of this movie though... but I'd like to have the talking Frank N Furter doll.

they have veiwing festivals in Louisville where everyone dresses up and goes to the theatre as their favorite charactors! Its quite a good time....
err.. ummm... I heard it was.. ummm.....

LOL

I have a friend who does Sweet Tranvestite like you wouldn't believe...

I think that from that song until the meal at the table ["Happy birthday to you..."] the film is a bit nyeh, and then towards the end, after the pool sequence it's a bit nyeh again. The pieces that work work.

Now With Moveable Parts
The little Inde theater in my town, shows Rocky Horror every halloween. People dress up like transvestites and sing along to all the songs...it's a riot. I go every year.

anyways. I love this movie. Just saw it last night, actually this morning. 12:00 it was on. Got is recorded on Tivo. I love the songs, i think it would be awesome to go to the theatre where they are showing this and dress up. It would be a blast. I watch this on tv every chance i get. I cant even remember when i first saw this movie, ive seen it that many times.

Its almost like a modern day Sound of Music. Anyone who likes music or just wants a different taste in a movie should watch this. Though with the sexual content it isnt good for the kiddies.

This is a great movie! Just to think they only had a couple of weeks and a budget of only $1 Million..

Originally posted by sadesdrk
The little Inde theater in my town, shows Rocky Horror every halloween. People dress up like transvestites and sing along to all the songs...it's a riot. I go every year.
Same kinda stuff happens out here. People dress up and bring all sorts of crazy stuff. Most of them bring pieces of toast, for example, and when the line "a toast," is uttered, they all fling their toast toward the front.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
This movie was great. I like the weirdness of this movie. My boyfriend doesn't like that musical type of stuff. I like the time warp song and dance that they do.
Although Susan Surandon(name spelled right) was different in this role.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Originally posted by moviefan20
Although Susan Surandon(name spelled right) was different in this role.
Sarandon. This is the only flick I've seen her in in which I've found her genuinely attractive.

Gimme a break. She hasn't aged particularly well. I don't know what all the fuss is about...she didn't look all that great in Bull Durham...she looked, I dunno...worn out is the only phrase I can think of. If being attracted to a wide variety of women BESIDES this one means I lack red blood, then so be it.

This coming from the guy who sings show tunes and posts them on the web...

I think Sarandon's aged extremely well, and in many ways is sexier in her fifties than she was in her twenties.

But very happily, there are lots of types of women to go around and excite us all.

*BOING*
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This coming from the guy who sings show tunes and posts them on the web...
I did that because it excited you boys!

Oh no.

Riff Raff was my favorite character. if you had to pick one. Magenta and Columbia werent bad either. I think Richard O'Brien did a good job. ( I think thats his name) anyways thats all i have to say

The Adventure Starts Here!
Am I the only one here old enough to have seen this in the theatre back when it was first doing its round in the '70s? Yes, back then it played usually late at night, and lots of folks dressed up as favorite characters and stood at the front of the theatre and acted out the scenes as they went along.

And everyone came in with bags of props to use at certain spots during the movie: the toast Chris mentioned; a newspaper to hold over your head when it rained, squirt guns to make it rain on the heads of those with (or without) the newspapers; rolls of toilet paper to throw -- and the list goes on.

And the audience talks back to the screen all the time. During one scene where a character (played by Meat Loaf) is killed and then fed to other people, the audience yells out in unison, "MEAT LOAF AGAIN??"

Although many of the folks there went to every showing every weekend, with their props and costumes, we only went that once, and not in costume. (We felt like freaks, ha!) It was the most unique movie experience I've ever had.

More recently, when I saw that it was being shown on a movie channel on TV, I tried to sit and watch it to relive that fun. It just wasn't the same. In fact, I hadn't realized just how bad the film is (beyond campy into waste-of-time) without the props, the theatre experience, and the devotees. It's funny for a while, but then just gets too long toward the end.

Oh well. A fun experience once, but not enough to sustain itself alone.

Thanks for sharing your experiance.

They still do all that stuff, and its awesome!

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong decade though, (so does my dad) since I love ALL the old horror movies late 70-early 80, and really enjoy old tv shows ect....

I just wanted to say, i you havenet gone to a showing and DRESSED UP, then you are missing out on some fun.

The Fat of the Mailbox
They used to show rocky horror every halloween with a pre show. but they got tired of claning up the mess and they don't do it no more, lame