The Taking of Pelham 123

Tools    

Denzel Washington and John Travolta star in The Taking of Pelham 123, an action film centered around a man who takes over a train and holds everyone hostage.

You can view the trailer here.

I own and love the original can't someone think up a new plot I am sick of remakes

Although I love the original, I do think that it's a good film for a remake. This is actually one of the films I want to see this year. Of course, with Travolta in it I am wary, but I've been waiting for it.

Has anyone here seen the previous remake (I think there's only been one) with Vincent D'Onofrio in it? I saw some of it, late one night, and didn't think too much of it, but that doesn't make it doubt this one any less.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The new one's cast just can't compare, and I bet you the music can't either. CGI, here we come!

No, I didn't know they remade it for TV, but that's not so egregious. They remade Double Indemnity for TV!

Travolta is laughable in the trailer, and not in a good way.

This is the kinda of movie that I want to like, but think that I wil not - I will give it a go however.

It looks alright, has a good crew working on it. I'm impressed by the cast. Pretty good director behind it as well. I haven't seen the original, but I have read, and thoroughly enjoyed the novel.

... and I have one question on my mind that's been bugging me for a while. Is this new version supposed to be a remake of the first film or a retelling of the novel? The main villain is called Ryder in the novel; IMDB has his name listed as Blue in the original film, and Ryder in the new version, which leads me to believe that it may just be an adaption. Any confirmation?

All the characters are given code names, aka Mr. Blue, well before Reservoir Dogs. I'm guessing that the leader's name is the same in both films.
The leader's name is different in both films (so it says on IMDB).

What I meant was: the leaders name is "Ryder" in the novel (which is the source material), not "Blue" as it is in the original film, and in this new film the name is not "Blue," but "Ryder" as it is in the novel. Which lead me to believe that the film could possibly not be a remake, but just another adaption from the original source material (or perhaps both). And I was curious if anyone had any word about this.

I'm sorry if this isn't getting through correctly. Sometimes it can become rather difficult putting a message across via keyboard.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It's getting through fine. Maybe you should check out Wikipedia's plot of the original movie. The character names are all the same, but at the beginning of the film, we only know the hijackers by their code (color) names. Later, as an investigation continues and the characters crack up a bit, their names are revealed, no matter what IMDb says.

Mark F. The place where IMDB comes to find facts.