Favorite Terminator movie

Tools    

Totally the First. Nothing beats the original.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Originally Posted by simplicty
T2 - the story, the effects, and the casting were all great.
Same thing here. The cast was fabulous. You had Arnold, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong and Robert Patrick. The story is also amazing.

Totally the First. Nothing beats the original.

I just finished watching The Terminator and thought that it was quite as good as T2. Reason that I think it's not good enough as T2 may be because the movie is shorter in running time and didn't have as much action as T2 gave you. But the movie is dark and Michael Biehn gave a great performance as Kyle Reece. James Cameron directed both films well

Looks like nobody was a fan of Terminator 3

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
I wish the one from the trailer they showed on Mad TV came out, that one would rock.

-When in doubt, Kill it

I wish James Cameron would have directed the 3 installment. I know that it would have been better than it was.

The Green Lantern
T2 is the best. The liquid terminator just would not stop. He just kept coming after them, and nothing was going to stop him.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Originally Posted by CujoLink
I wish the one from the trailer they showed on Mad TV came out, that one would rock.
You mean the one were the Terminator is sent back in time to B.C. and takes orders from Jesus? Because that was a funny episode!

Don't worry... he'll be back!

I definately like T2 the most even though the first and third were okay! It had the best plot and was the most interesting.

Unsurprisingly The original is my favourite of the series. The effects may be poor in places, but overall I think it has the edge; it's darker, grittier, meaner, with brilliant casting, editing, pacing and one of (if not) the best set ups for a sequel I've ever seen.

Just one thing about The Terminator that's always bothered me though...

If the Terminator absolutely will not stop no matter what; why does it run away after crashing the police car into the wall (just before the police show up and arrest Reese)? I know it had sustained damage, but running? That just seemed really uncharacteristic to me.

In the Beginning...
Unsurprisingly The original is my favourite of the series. The effects may be poor in places...
I love the special effects in the first film. The prosthetic Arnold head is pretty laughable these days, but it's classic Stan Winston, and a lot of fun. The stop motion stuff is terrifying. Something about the awkwardness of the movement always made creatures, monsters, and bogeymen all the more frightening. The way Cameron frames the T-800 endoskeleton at the end of the film is just awesome.

I don't care one way or another about the Terminator films; the first two were alright, just not the type of thing I get excited about. Now it appears to have completely devolved into just another cash-grab franchise; I mean, when you have McG of all people helming a picture, quality is really not what you're going for. I'm also very disappointed to see Bale involved; he obviously doesn't need the money or exposure, so why he took the job is sort of beyond me. He's better than this, and I hope this isn't indicative of where he's headed.

Welcome to the human race...
Just one thing about The Terminator that's always bothered me though...

If the Terminator absolutely will not stop no matter what; why does it run away after crashing the police car into the wall (just before the police show up and arrest Reese)? I know it had sustained damage, but running? That just seemed really uncharacteristic to me.
The way I heard this explained was...

Terminators are infiltration units. If the Terminator had killed Sarah right there (or made an attempt to), the police would've tried to take it down. Between it taking dozens of shots and possibly having parts of its endoskeleton exposed by damage, it could actually be revealed as a robot and thus could have an unwanted effect on the timeline of the film. Something like that.

3. Terminator: Rise Of The Machines
In my mind, after a movie has been made by James Cameron, it's sequel should not be touched by any other director (the Alien series is a good example). In the Terminator, while I believe that it's 3rd. installment didn't need to get made, it at least wasn't so bad that it completely ruined the franchise. Though nowhere near as good as the first two, & depending on one's mood during it's viewing (it can easily be regarded as forgettable), it's story at least manages to run alongside with the that of it's predecessors, without diminishing their impact of greatness in the sci-fi world. It's serves it's purpose to just be a period at the end of a really great statement.

2. The Terminator
This was the first time that Ahnold ever uttered those infamous words
"Ah'll be bock."
And he didn't stop coming bock until we finally elected his blockbuster @ss into office.
Well,
I guess that's one way to stop an unstoppable killing machine.

1. Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Back in the day when a sequel that was better than the original was a rarity, particularly with this genre.
A sci-fi film that tries to pay as much attention to the story & character developements as it does to the action and the special effects. Therefore establishing the mindset into a young sci-fi nerd (at the time) such as myself that James Cameron a god. Not to mention, also kinda instilling within me the fantasy wish that I was made outta liquid metal. Or at least that I could take on the form of an unstoppable killing machine with a heavy-ass Austrian accent.

I love the special effects in the first film. The prosthetic Arnold head is pretty laughable these days, but it's classic Stan Winston, and a lot of fun. The stop motion stuff is terrifying. Something about the awkwardness of the movement always made creatures, monsters, and bogeymen all the more frightening. The way Cameron frames the T-800 endoskeleton at the end of the film is just awesome.
Hehe it wasn't really a critisism; I was just pandering to some of the younger MoFo's who like everything CGI'd up. I love the effects in the first film too; especially the exploding tanker near the end which was a very small scale model. The stop motion effects are great also, it's the makeup work that's dated the most though; particularly the scene in which Arnold removes the damaged eyeball. The transition from Arnold to the prosthetic head is laughable really, but in a good way

The way I heard this explained was...
Thanks Iro...not sure I agree...but thanks. Incidentally where did you hear it explained?

Welcome to the human race...
I'd actually like to see the eyeball scene re-enacted with CGI just for the sake of seeing how they'd do it.

EDIT:

Thanks Iro...not sure I agree...but thanks. Incidentally where did you hear it explained?
I was browsing the IMDb boards and somebody else brought up the same plot hole. I think that was the explanation given.

Love them both, but The Terminator edges Judgement day for being more original and having a tech noir flare, which always gets me going.

Terminator 3 was pitiful. Good sound mix, though.

I think the 90s dialogue has dated T2 more than the prosthetic effects have dated the original so think atm lean towards, as Prestige describes, the tech noir feel of the original. That and Biehn

T1 for me, it set everything up, without it we would not have T2, or the one everyone wants to forget, T3, nor the current films coming out.

Personally, I wish they would have made any movies after T2 based on the T2 book series that came out a few years ago befre T3 came out. Would have made a much better and interesting movies.

My movie blog

Im actually shocked at how many people chose T1, though I love T1 I actually saw T2 first so it will forever be the better Terminator movie in my opinion. Though biggest crush ever on Reece in the first one ^_^