Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

I had gotten this movie called cthulhu and i was excited to see it because i thought it was after H.P. Lovecraft's story. This movie was a waste of time and had HORRIBLE acting. I got about 30 minutes in and just went to sleep.

anything by those guys who keep getting the money to produce those parody movies. Meet the Spartans, Date Movie, Epic Movie, etc.
all of them are trash.

Yeah, Scary Movie. I had initially wanted to rent all of them at once but luckily decided to rent one first. I don't think I managed to watch the whole thing...if I did, it was with great effort...as I usually tend to try and watch till end.

Welcome to the human race...
I never finished Scary Movie either, mainly because I was so freaked out at the beginning where Ghostface stabbed the girl in the chest and pulled her breast implant out. I was about ten or eleven at the time and doubt it would freak me out if I saw it again, but seeing as it's a "_____ Movie" I am in no hurry to finish it.

I make it a rule of thumb to watch any movie I start to the end. Though the first time I watched Sin City I had to turn it off half way through, it is not a movie to watch at 5.00am after a night out on your 18th birthday. I did watch it again though and ended up really enjoying it.
Also Mullholland Drive, ive yet to watch this all the way through, but it will happen sooner rather than later!

A person is smart. People are dumb
Although I acknowledge that it is a fantastic film, I've never been able to sit down and watch The Seven Samurai more than once.It just takes so long to get anywhere. The action sequences, while legendary, do not begin until late in the movie, unless you count Kyuzo's quick duel in the city.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I can understand that it seems daunting to start to watch it because it's a big investment of time, but every time I put Seven Samurai on (or come across it on cable), I get hooked. It's a very hypnotic movie with a strong sense of storytelling.

Sin city , managed 1/2hour, terrible
Romeo & juliet , lasted 15mins, could not understand dialogue.

Hi there shapeshifter and welcome to MoFo... we have a forum to introduce yourself located here if you would like to...

Which Romeo and Juliet do you mean? I pretty much like all of them but am not as fond of the one with Leonardo Dicaprio and I am the 1960's one with Olivia Hussey...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The Dark Knight-Heath Ledger is the worst actor on Earth! No wonder he committed suicide after this film, it SUCKED!

"When I am older I want to take a barge out on the ocean, and live in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle!"

The Dark Knight-Heath Ledger is the worst actor on Earth! No wonder he committed suicide after this film, it SUCKED!
...and here comes the onslaught of negative rep points.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Hi caitlyn, the latest version of R & J, i've not seen the 1960's film is it alot better?
I liked it more than the other versions I've seen... I'll have to dig it out and re-watch it because it's been ages... but if memory serves, the dialogue was a little lighter and easier to follow in it...

You know, everyone is entitled to their opinion... but some opinions should be kept to oneself... and this is definitely one of those times. Your little outburst about Heath's death was pretty childish... and I feel sure has done nothing to endear you to any of the members of Movie Forums...

I liked it more than the other versions I've seen... I'll have to dig it out and re-watch it because it's been ages... but if memory serves, the dialogue was a little lighter and easier to follow in it...
How did you find the dialogue lighter and easier to follow Caitlyn? I'm not arguing the point, merely interested.

I don't have a problem following either of them, but if I did, I would've thought that the modern version was easier to follow as so much of the dialogue had been cut. It's a really pared down version, which I think worked well as this is, IMO, the cinematic version of the film as opposed to the other, 'filmed' versions (if you will) of the play. The '96 version is all about the story being told cinematically, the poetry of the language is all but destroyed by the delivery, which was given as asked for and, IMO, required for this verison.

I don't think there is a right or wrong version. I feel that, if you'd rather watch the play performed on a stage, then the earlier versions, especially Zeffirelli's '68 version, is what you'll prefer. If you don't, and you want a cinematic thrill, it's Baz Luhrmann.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
So honey, when was the last time you watched the '68 version? It's extremely cinematic. I mean, there are no cars burning or guns blazing, but it's a very physical production, mostly set outdoors or in huge villas where the young lovers meet. The gang activity is also presented in a modern manner, and the dialogue is among the Bard's most modern-sounding on screen. At least that's my opinion.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

Lawrence of Arabia and Inland Empire

Suspect's Reviews

I have a copy of Inland Empire to watch sometime soon. As for Lawrence of Arabia I had no trouble finishing it, the five (a guess) times I've seen it.