Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

→ in
Tools    

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
This movie was almost pure trash.

I liked parts of that trash though. The bottomless party for instance was amusing to me.

The rap about c***s was fun.

Surprisingly the part with the fake Bush was very funny.

These movies remind me a little of the old Cheech and Chong movies.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I really enjoyed the first one.

This one...not so much.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
I'm waiting for the trilogy to be complete to start watching them ... Harold and Kumar Go to Space !
Snake Plissken's supposed to do it first in Escape From Earth.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really liked the first movie but this was no where near as good. I was quite gutted because it did look quite amusing in the trailer's but it wasnt

You want to post like me?
These movies are awesome.
I really enjoyed HAKGTWC and I liked HAKEFGB just as much. I hardly ever watch them alone though. There's a certain method to watching these kinds of movies, at least for me.
Get a few six packs of your preffered lager (or a lil summin-summin, if you're into that) a couple of good buddies, a sh*tload of snacks 'cause you know you're going to get hungry watching White Castle, and then watch away in your midly drunken state.
The same goes for Pineapple Express, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Beer Fest (must have beer) and movies like that. They're simply funnier when your slightly drunk... Or high.

Yeah, the mark of a good comedy is one that makes you laugh just as hard when straight as you do when under an influence of some description.

Isn't everything funny/funnier when you're high, though?
Sure but these movies kinda call for it.
Watched Trainspotting when I was high. That was terrible.

I watched EFGB sober and still found it rather funny, not quite on par with the original but that's not really a surprise.

Fair enough.
It doesn't really speak in favor of the movies though - that they're funnier when drunk or high. True comedies don't need that kind of stimulant, to be truly funny.

Pretty much, yeah.

Back to the movie - I have to give some credit to Rob Corddry as the horribly stupid FBI agent on Harold and Kumar's trail.

"Al-Qaeda is working with North Korea!"

His arguments were pretty funny too. The scene were he held up the picture of the little girl. "Do you want her to get raped and murdered?".

Movies aren't always funnier while high.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."