Cannes Film Festival 2009

Tools    

Tomorrow marks the start of the popular Cannes Film Festival , many anticipated movies will be making their debuts here and there'll be tons of critic reaction and reviews on the films - coming much earlier than their theatrical releases

Full List of Films at Cannes

Man I wish I could go to it so I wouldn't have to wait until August to see Inglourous Basterds.

this years' cannes was't that good. agree??
Yep it sucked this year .......................................

....................................................................................

Yep it sucked this year
Hope the competition movies filmed better than each synopsis reads. None of them seemed interesting.

Just got done reading the script , brilliant stuff - how well it translates to screen we'll have to see with it's premiere tomorrow , we'll got a ton of reviews.

this years' cannes was't that good. agree??
Yeah I agree with you this year it was not so good as before ...

Just got done reading the script , brilliant stuff - how well it translates to screen we'll have to see with it's premiere tomorrow , we'll got a ton of reviews.
Hmm, Brad Pitt leads a tough bunch of Jewish Allied soldiers in an attack on top members of the Nazi party at the premiere of a propaganda film in Paris in what Tarantino describes as his “spaghetti-western”. Doesn't that sound just a little bit like Paul Newman in Exodus doing To Be or Not to Be meets The Dirty Dozen mostly For a Few Dollars More? (sorry, meat, I just had to ask )

The Elected Movie Eliminator

About each and every critic hate this.

Looks like a very strong field this year. I'm dying to see Antichrist and Broken Embraces in particular. Tetro I don't know much about, but the name "Coppola" - regardless of his track record since the glory days - always perks up my ears. Haneke's The White Ribbon is another I'm anticipating. I don't give a damn about Tarantino's new flick.

About each and every critic hate this.
The reviews I've read so far are mixed from terrible to amazing - the bad ones complain about excessive dialogue and not enough action : which is a pretty poor complaint in my book , still very hyped to see this one.

Looked like a decent line up to me. Not too sure about Inglorious Bastards. Could either be really great or a big dud. Most critics complained about Death Proof being too dialogue heavy but I absolutely fell in love with that film. It was a blast, so i'm not concerned about there being 'too much dialogue.

Obviously not seen any the films so can't comment but am glad Haneke won, big fan of his and don't think he's picked anything up at Cannes yet, at least the Palm

Yeah, The White Ribbon winning is interesting; hopefully that means it's an ace film, but also that Haneke will become a bit more well-known.

Interesting that Charlotte Gainsbourg won the actress prize for Antichrist, a film already being reviled as misogynist. (Hey, it's von Trier, here we go again.......)