Movie everyone loved but YOU hated?

Tools    

So many good movies, so little time.
Gone with the Wind

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Welcome to the human race...
Superbad was even worse. It didn't help I was watching it with my teenage son... not a good idea.

To be fair to these films, maybe it's my age. I'm not a prude in any sense, but the sexual jokes in these films are just not funny to me. Although, like you, I did like The 40 year old Virgin.
I saw both Knocked Up and Superbad a couple of weeks apart when I was 17 - the ideal target audience for either movie. I actually reckon Superbad is a slightly superior film, although as a whole I don't really consider it a favourite or a particularly good film.

Wouldn't say hate but do find myself frequently in the minority about not loving Knocked Up and Finding Nemo

I really HATED No Country For Old Men.

Spoilers...

Killing the main focus OFF SCREEN, quitting and giving up and letting the bad guy limp away. Sorry, I just hated it. How can anyone think that frustrating an audience is quality cinema? Pretentious, crude, cruel, bizarre and not even remotely as clever as it pretends to be.

The message is exactly what the title implies No Country For Old Men and of course being made by the Coens it's not going to tie up into a nice bundle where every plot is resolved with a happy ending. I thought it was grand because it does get your hopes up that he may stand a chance.

I really HATED The Shawshank Redemption

Spoilers...

Having the main focus BREAK OUT OF PRISON, escaping and going free and letting the bad guy shoot himself. Sorry, I just hated it. How can anyone think that giving the audience the ending they want is quality cinema? Condescending, saccharine, nice, boring and not even remotely as clever as it pretends to be.
To be fair, I don't hate The Shawshank Redemption but I hope you see my point.

The Dark Knight.

A system of cells interlinked
I really HATED No Country For Old Men.

Spoilers...

Killing the main focus OFF SCREEN, quitting and giving up and letting the bad guy limp away. Sorry, I just hated it. How can anyone think that frustrating an audience is quality cinema? Pretentious, crude, cruel, bizarre and not even remotely as clever as it pretends to be.
So wait... I'm a bit confused... Earlier you complain that Shawshank sucks because they give the audience the ending they want, and yet here you slay No Country for Old Men for ending the film in a unique way which wasn't how you wanted it to end?

So which is it?

Meanwhile, both these films are adaptations of earlier works, so isn't your problem with both films really a problem with the source material?

That said - I think Shawshank is a weak film, more because it's a manipulative, sappy melodrama than the reasons you list.

The Notebook

People will think I have a deathwish for saying that

My major ones are Gone With the Wind and Titanic... but since it says in the last decade, I'm going with Slumdog Millionaire... which I couldn't even finish... and The Watchmen... which I don't actually hate but really don't understand all the praise for either because I thought it was just so-so...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My major ones are Gone With the Wind and Titanic... but since it says in the last decade, I'm going with Slumdog Millionaire... which I couldn't even finish... and The Watchmen... which I don't actually hate but really don't understand all the praise for either because I thought it was just so-so...
I loved Gone With The Wind and Watchmen!

But I didn't like Titanic or the newer version of Romeo And Juliet

Dicaprio is sexy, but I don't like his acting

So wait... I'm a bit confused... Earlier you complain that Shawshank sucks because they give the audience the ending they want, and yet here you slay No Country for Old Men for ending the film in a unique way which wasn't how you wanted it to end?

So which is it?

Meanwhile, both these films are adaptations of earlier works, so isn't your problem with both films really a problem with the source material?

That said - I think Shawshank is a weak film, more because it's a manipulative, sappy melodrama than the reasons you list.
Actually, that wasn't him. I just edited his quoted post, changing in some words and names in order to show that it's all a matter of opinion and that his line of reasoning could just as easily be applied to the opposite end of the spectrum.

Sorry for the confusion.

Who loves Titanic anymore?
I haven't seen it for about 10 years now, but I used to really like it. Of course, it's not the same watching it at home as it was at the cinema. I'll have to take another look at it one day.

Registered Creature
I can't stand E.T.

I can't stand E.T.
Maybe I am heartless, but I never really understood the overwhelming popularity of that movie.

...uh the post is up there...