The Hunt For Gollum. An Indpendent Film Inspired By Lord Of The Rings

Tools    

A 40 min short film made by fans for fans, free to watch online.
If your not a serious LOTR fan you will find it boring.

Trailer:

Full Movie:
http://thehuntforgollum.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
uummm...i find the trailer rather alarming as an avid Lord of the Rings fan...did you watch it? What's the point of it? I don't get it

Is this supposed to take place after the events of The Lord of the Rings? Because the trailer said "Middle Earth has been at peace for x amount of years." If so...
WARNING: "The Lord of the Rings" spoilers below
Gollum fell into a pit of lava. I don't know about you, but I don't think you can come back from that.

On the other hand I saw Gandalf in the trailer, but he was Gandalf the Gray, which leads me to believe that it was before the times of The Lord of the Rings. Which is it?

No clue; but I'll probably watch this when I get home later today. Maybe it's one of those things that doesn't entirely add up, or fit within the existing continuity, but just sort of stands alone adjacent to it. I'll watch it in a bit and let you guys know if that answers any of these questions.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love LOTR and im going to watch this maybe tonight or tomorrow.

The script is apprantly adapted from appendices of LOTR. Aragorn tracks Gollum looking for the ring, set right before Fellowship.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Hmm i must have missed that in the Appendices, i only read the Aragorn and Arwen plot from the Appendices