Iro's DVD collection

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Well, I typed up a list of the DVDs I owned for a friend and I figured I might as well post them in there. Excuse the use of capital letters.

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
THE ABYSS
AKIRA
ALIEN
ALIENS
APOCALYPSE NOW
ARMY OF DARKNESS
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT SEASONS 1-3
BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD: THE MIKE JUDGE COLLECTION VOL. 1-3
BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD DO AMERICA
BEFORE SUNRISE
THE BIG LEBOWSKI
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA
BILL HICKS LIVE
BILL HICKS: SANE MAN
BLADE RUNNER
THE BLUES BROTHERS
BLUE VELVET
THE BOONDOCK SAINTS
BRAZIL
BUBBA HO-TEP
CADDYSHACK
CHASING AMY
CHILDREN OF MEN
CHINATOWN
CINEMA PARADISO
CLERKS
CLERKS II
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
DARK CITY
DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978)
DAY OF THE DEAD (1985)
DAZED AND CONFUSED
DEAD ALIVE/BRAINDEAD
DEAD MAN
THE DEER HUNTER
DR. STRANGELOVE
EASY RIDER
ENTER THE DRAGON
EQUILIBRIUM
ESCAPE FROM L.A.
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
THE EVIL DEAD
EVIL DEAD II
EXCALIBUR
FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
FEARLESS (1993)
FIGHT CLUB
A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
FIVE EASY PIECES
FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
FULL METAL JACKET
GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS
THE GODFATHER
THE GODFATHER PART II
THE GODFATHER PART III
THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
GOODFELLAS
HALLOWEEN
HALLOWEEN II
HALLOWEEN III
HALLOWEEN IV
HALLOWEEN V
HAROLD AND MAUDE
HEAT
HEAVY METAL
THE HIDDEN FORTRESS
HIGHLANDER
JAWS
LAWRENCE OF ARABIA
LEON / THE PROFESSIONAL
LOST HIGHWAY
MAGNOLIA
THE MATRIX
MCCABE AND MRS. MILLER
METALOCALYPSE SEASON 1
MIDNIGHT COWBOY
MILLER’S CROSSING
MINORITY REPORT
MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL
MORTAL KOMBAT
MORTAL KOMBAT: ANNIHILATION
MULHOLLAND DRIVE
NAKED
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
OLDBOY
ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST
PARIS, TEXAS
PEEP SHOW SEASON 1
THE PRINCESS BRIDE
PROJECT A
PULP FICTION
PULSE (PINK FLOYD)
RAGING BULL
RED VS BLUE SEASON 1
RED VS BLUE SEASON 2
REPO MAN
RESERVOIR DOGS
RICHARD PRYOR: LIVE IN CONCERT
ROBOT CHICKEN SEASON 1
THE SALTON SEA
SANJURO
SCARFACE (1932)
SCARFACE (1983)
SE7EN
SEVEN SAMURAI
SHAUN OF THE DEAD
THE SHINING
SLACKER
SNL: THE BEST OF CHRISTOPHER WALKEN
SONATINE
SOUTH PARK SEASONS, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11
SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER AND UNCUT
SPACED: THE COMPLETE SERIES
STOP MAKING SENSE (TALKING HEADS)
TAXI DRIVER
TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE
THE TERMINATOR
TERMINATOR 2
THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2
THERE WILL BE BLOOD
THEY LIVE
THE THING
THE THIN RED LINE
THIS IS SPINAL TAP
THUNDERHEART
TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA
TOTAL RECALL
TRAINSPOTTING
THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE
TROPIC THUNDER
THE UNTOUCHABLES
UP IN SMOKE
THE WARRIORS
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: THE ULTIMATE VIDEO COLLECTION
THE WILD BUNCH
WITHNAIL AND I
YOJIMBO

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Nice collection Iro mate Some awesome films there

Cool collection Iro...

I so need to update mine...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Some others I forgot to include

The Alejandro Jodorowsky Box Set, which includes four films by Jodorowsky himself:

La Cravate (1957)
Fando Y Lis (1967)
El Topo (1970)
The Holy Mountain (1973)

and La Constellation Jodorowsky (1994), a documentary about the man himself.

The other boxset I forgot to mention is the El Mariachi trilogy:

El Mariachi (1992)
Desperado (1995)
Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003)

Nice, nothing to flack there, i have about 90% of them. Jealous about that Jodorowsky collection. Got Holy Mountain on doovde and El Topo on copy so never felt like spending £40 for Fando and Lis (and the odd extra)

Yeah, Holy Mountain and El Topo were worth it (both cost roughly $30-$35 each on their own and the boxset cost $70 so I figured, why not...) I have seen Fando Y Lis, but not La Cravate or La Constellation Jodorowsky. Fando Y Lis is a rather average film - it has a distinctly surrealistic Jodorowsky flair to it and there's a few interesting scenes to watch (the one that stands out to me involves a pair of strangers using a needle to draw blood from Lis in order to drink it) but overall it's your run-of-the-mill arty film

If you own 90% of the collection, what's in the other 10%?

Does UHF come in that Weird Al collection Iro? If not have you seen it? My favorite Weird Al flick. Seinfeld fans will recognize the janitor.

No, the Weird Al collection is just a collection of all his music videos up until about 2003 (the most recent one is Bob from 2003's Poodle Hat.) It does feature two videos related to UHF though, the video for the theme song (which includes clips from the movie along with footage of Al doing visual parodies of musicians such as Prince, Billy Idol, the Beatles etc.) and his Money for Nothing parody about the Beverly Hillbillies. As far as I know, UHF has never seen release inside of Australia and I'm not particularly desperate to get it. I may get around to it when I have the means to get it, although The Weird Al Show left a bad taste in my mouth when it came to watching Al branch out of music.

Also, I think seeing as it's Al's only film, of course it'd be your favourite. Just sayin'.

Well, I typed up a list of the DVDs I owned for a friend and I figured I might as well post them in there. Excuse the use of capital letters.

THE ABYSS
BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD: THE MIKE JUDGE COLLECTION VOL. 1-3
BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD DO AMERICA
BEFORE SUNRISE
THE BLUES BROTHERS
CADDYSHACK
CHASING AMY
DAZED AND CONFUSED
EQUILIBRIUM
EXCALIBUR
FEARLESS (1993)
FIVE EASY PIECES
GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS

HALLOWEEN III
HALLOWEEN IV
HALLOWEEN V
HAROLD AND MAUDE
HEAVY METAL
THE HIDDEN FORTRESS
MCCABE AND MRS. MILLER
METALOCALYPSE SEASON 1
MIDNIGHT COWBOY
MORTAL KOMBAT
MORTAL KOMBAT: ANNIHILATION
NAKED
ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA
PULSE (PINK FLOYD)
RED VS BLUE SEASON 1
RED VS BLUE SEASON 2
ROBOT CHICKEN SEASON 1
THE SALTON SEA
SANJURO
SCARFACE (1932)
SE7EN
THE SHINING
SLACKER
SNL: THE BEST OF CHRISTOPHER WALKEN
SOUTH PARK SEASONS, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11
STOP MAKING SENSE (TALKING HEADS)
THUNDERHEART
TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA
TOTAL RECALL
THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE
UP IN SMOKE
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: THE ULTIMATE VIDEO COLLECTION
YOJIMBO
Kurosawa flicks cost a bomb over here, ones underlined are ones i haven't seen (and want to). My collection is in the link on my sig, don't fancy typing all 850 or however many out.

Maybe it's more than 10% but some flicks seen so many times feels like i own them

Oh, is that the only flick he was ever in? I guess I never really thought about it before. Off the top of my head now, I really can't remember any other flicks he's been in. Of course I feel stupid sometimes when I try to remember my age too, so, you know...

Anywho, its not a great flick by any measure. Funny? Yes. I hope you get to see it at some point. Al himself is actually a rather generic character in the film, its all the other little "shows" that he puts out on the UHF channel and several of the other actors that have all the funniest parts.

"For those of you just joining us, today we're teaching poodles how to fly."

I remember using DVD Aficionado once upon a time but I honestly didn't care enough to keep updating it every single time I got a DVD because it wasn't really worth the effort to me. I'd wager I've seen less than half the DVDs in your collection though (especially most of the TV series, I wish I could keep up with 24 but that takes more dedication than I've honestly got right now), and I also don't fancy typing up any of them. So we are at an impasse.

EDIT

Oh, is that the only flick he was ever in? I guess I never really thought about it before. Off the top of my head now, I really can't remember any other flicks he's been in. Of course I feel stupid sometimes when I try to remember my age too, so, you know...

Anywho, its not a great flick by any measure. Funny? Yes. I hope you get to see it at some point. Al himself is actually a rather generic character in the film its all the other little "shows" that he puts out on the UHF channel and several of the other actors that have all the funniest parts.

"For those of you just joining us, today we're teaching poodles how to fly."
Technically, he's made cameo appearances in other films (like the Naked Gun series or the opening credits for Spy Hard) And the video on the collection does provide a tantalising glimpse of the film...

"You get to drink from the FIREHOSE!"

You actually gone through it? I'd say we had pretty similar tastes, imagine it was more than that.

The site was ok few years ago when you could add multiple titles at once, wouldn't dream of starting up an account now though.

I'm working on it. So far, it's pretty much what I've expected - the bulk of the DVDs in there are either ones I've seen or ones I want to see (don't really care enough to point out the few exceptions, except maybe in the case of Die Hard 4.0 - damn, that was terrible).

Perhaps, but since I haven't seen them in full I honestly can't comment on them. I think the fact that I'll never willingly watch them is judgment enough.

They should have some sort of system where other users can tick off whatever they've seen in your collection, would be quicker and much more indicative of what I've seen and whatnot.

Also, interesting to see you have five whole seasons of Family Guy - I thought you hated it (or did you get those then get sick of it, or just later seasons)?

I liked the first batch and then the new ones were good to start, despite obvious flaws and increasingly uninspired writing but after watch Season 6- which was awful, i gave up. Some bits of it are great but there's frequently too many that aren't.

I love Bring It On, errrr, maybe I just love seeing Eliza Dushku in a little cheerleader outfit. Either way, I love Bring It On. Daredevil... not so much.