Terminator 2: Judgment Day (BLU-RAY Skynet Edition)

Tools    

The Elected Movie Eliminator

Blu-ray SRP: $29.99
Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector’s Set SRP: $174.99

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
It’s one of the greatest action films of all time – now see it on Blu-ray Disc the way it was meant to be seen! On May 19, 2009 Lionsgate will release Terminator 2 Skynet Edition on Blu-ray. Fans of the ultimate action film can see and hear multiple versions of the movie in explosive, THX certified high-definition and all-new English Lossless DTS-HD Master Audio. The disc is loaded with over 8 hours of interactive Blu-ray content including over 140 minutes of behind the scenes video and multimedia galleries, storyboard-script views, audio commentaries, quizzes and games – plus additional BD-Live™ enabled content featuring games and more that is accessible on internet-connected players.

In addition, the Terminator 2 Skynet Edition Blu-ray will be available for a limited time in the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector’s Set, a 6-disc set that allows the ultimate T2 fan to play the film anytime, anywhere! Packaged with a 14” T-800 Endoskull bust that plays sound effects from the film while its eyes light up, this collectible set features the Terminator 2 Skynet Edition Blu-ray plus both the Extreme Edition DVD and Ultimate Edition DVD – which, combined, include every T2 special feature ever released on DVD. As a bonus, the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector’s Set comes with a digital copy of the film for iTunes or Windows Media.

Terminator 2 Skynet Edition on Blu-ray Disc and the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector’s Set will be available for $29.99 and $174.99 respectively on May 19, 2009, coinciding with the theatrical release of Terminator: Salvation and the DVD release of the Schwarzenegger DVD Collection.

Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as the Terminator in this explosive action-adventure spectacle. Now he’s one of the good guys, sent back in time to protect John Connor, the boy destined to lead the freedom fighters of the future. Linda Hamilton reprises her role as Sarah Connor, John's mother, a quintessential survivor who has been institutionalized for her warning of the nuclear holocaust she knows is inevitable. Together, the threesome must find a way to stop the most lethal Terminator ever created. Co-written, produced and directed by James Cameron, this visual tour de force is also a touching human story of survival.

*BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Multiple THX-certified versions high-definition versions of the film
• All-new English 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Lossless
• Picture-in-picture of behind the scenes video, text commentaries and multimedia galleries
• Storyboard-script mode – view storyboards and read the script while watching the film
• Interactive quizzes and games
• BD-Live enabled, featuring games, extra content and more for internet-connected players
• Audio commentary with 26 cast and crew members
• Audio commentary with director James Cameron and co-writer William Wisher
• Enhanced for D-Box Motion Control Systems
• Includes THX Optimizer
*Special features subject to change

PRODUCED AND DIRECTED BY:
James Cameron (Titanic, True Lies, The Abyss, Aliens, The Terminator)

WRITTEN BY: James Cameron & William Wisher

CAST:
Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Terminator, Total Recall, Predator, True Lies, The Running Man)
Linda Hamilton (The Terminator, Dante’s Peak, TV’s “Beauty and the Beast”)
Robert Patrick (TV’s “The Unit,” TV’s “The X-Files,” Walk the Line, Ladder 49)
Edward Furlong (Detroit Rock City, American History X, Pecker)

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production: 1991
Title Copyright: 1991 StudioCanal S.A. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Blu-ray Disc
Rating: R for strong sci-fi action and violence, and for language
Genre: Sci-Fi/Action
Closed Captioned: English Closed Captioned
Subtitles: Spanish
Format: THX Certified 1080P High Definition 16 x 9 Widescreen, (2:35)
Feature Running Time: 152 minutes
Blu-ray Audio Status: English 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Lossless, English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX, French Dolby 2.0 Surround, English TheaterVision descriptive narrative audio for the blind and vision-impaired

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love the collectors set it is stunning, if I wasnt already marrid I would definatly get down on one knee and ask it to marry me Its about time the best film ever IMO gets the BLU-RAY treatment. Its a shame I havent got a BLU-RAY player really because I would have to fork out for the Collectors edition.

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
Ah, okay. Hopefully, if that set comes over here i'll pick it up, if not I'll probably have to order it online or from ebay.

Ah, okay. Hopefully, if that set comes over here i'll pick it up, if not I'll probably have to order it online or from ebay.
Don't worry, it will. I read somewhere that it will come down towards Australia definitely.

A system of cells interlinked
I already bought this flick once, and one disc with the uber-annoying Edward Furlong is enough. I like the first flick ever so much more than this one.

This sounds insanely awesome, but I already own T2 both on its first Blu-ray release and on regular DVD, and I just can't afford to buy a third version of the same movie. If I find myself with extra money one of these days and/or see that version on some kind of sale, though, I'll pick it up for sure. Owning that, I'm certain I could sell both of my other two versions of it anyway.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have the movie on DVD specail edition, and if I had the cash and a BLU-RAY player I would own the collectors set as T2 is my fav movie. But it is very VERY expensive

I already bought this flick once, and one disc with the uber-annoying Edward Furlong is enough. I like the first flick ever so much more than this one.
The first was more dark and had a horror theme to it. The second was just more pure action, but I still consider the second one the best in the series. It's special effects are still out-standing in today's filming industry.