Jerry Shaw's Movie Review Thread

→ in
Tools    

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
This is where i will post my reviews, mostly to keep track of them, and what i rated movies. I hope you enjoy them.

Movie Reviews -

Crank 2 -

Fast and Furious -

Die Hard - With a Vengeance -

The Village -

Die Hard 4 -

Accepted -

Waiting -

Crank -

While I like The Village less than
, I did somewhat enjoy it and agree with some of your points. Also, good call with Die Hard With a Vengeance. Can't wait to see more reviews.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Fast and Furious

I'll start of by saying, i loved the start of this film, as soon as it started it had the feel of the first movie which was great, a great action scene to start off a movie. I thought the way they incorporated Han from Tokyo Drift was very good, he could have been in it for a little bit longer, but still good none the less.

The whole movie wasn't just racing and big action scenes, it had a great story line, great scenes and very well done acting. Most of the effects looked very good, apart from one, i didn't mind it, but it didn't look the best, it's with the tanker, you will know if you have scene the movie, when it is rolling, it is also in the trailer.

Overall, this was a really good movie, and if they don't make another one a fantastic way to end the series, that's one thing that made me love the movie, they didn't ruin it with a lame ending, it was great. If you are interested in a entertaining movie, go see Fast and Furious.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Why don't you make a review a new post?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Why don't you make a review a new post?
Agreed. It's so much easier than editing your original post. Keep your original post as a marker for all the reviews in your thread and edit when you add a new one. Overall, great reviews, you should've never doubted yourself.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Good idea, i'll do that.

Crank 2 -

Debating to see this or not, people were saying it wouldn't be that good, and then seeing all of the good reviews on IMDB and other websites, i thought i would check it out. I must say, it lived up to my expectations, i thought this was as good as the first one.

It was nice to see the original characters and not just adding random new ones. Young Chev was a great character.

If you have seen the first, check this out, you won't be dissapointed, hopefully they don't make a third, i think they should stop here.

Overall, check this out if your a fan of Jason and the first Crank movie.

Die Hard - With a Vengeance

After watching Die Hard and Die Hard 2 Die Harder these last few days, i have come to the conclusion that this one is my second favorite of the series, then comes Die Hard and me least favorite being Die Hard 2 Die Harder, and then of course Die Hard 4 being my favorite.

I think what stands out to me most about this movie is, it's more out there than the other movies, the others had a few humor lines thrown into them, but i think this one had a lot more. I think Samuel Jackson's character was played perfectly.

One thing that really bugged me is, the main inspector, i forget his name, he is the one who always talked to Simon on the phone, there was something about him that i really didn't like, not sure if it was his character or what.

Anyway, overall this was a really good film, mostly great characters, action packed, elements of humor and well made.

The Village

I've seen most of M.Night Shyamalan movies, Happening, Signs, Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense, after seeing The Village, it's probably my 3rd favorite movie of his after Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense.

I found this movie very interesting, the plot was pretty cool, as well as the characters, some pretty awesome twists as well, M.Night seems to know how to implement great twists into his movies.

I loved the area they filmed it in, it felt very quiet are far away from reality, it was fantastic.

Overall, this was a really good movie, M.Night never seems to disappoint me with his movies.

Die Hard 4 -

I've finally finished my Die Hard series, and by far, this one is my favorite followed by, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Die Hard and last up, Die Hard 2. They are all great movies which i recommend everyone check out.

Now, the reasons why this one is my favorite is because almost everything about it was great, it was action packed, had a great cast, elements of humor and a fantastic plot.

This is probably my most favorite, because it involves computers which is a big hobby of mine.

Hopefully this is the last movie they do for the series, i think it was a great way to finish it off.

Overall, this film was fantastic, if you haven't seen it, or the rest of the Die Hard series, check them out, they are 4 great movies.

Accepted -

Accepted has always been a personal favorite of mine, i don't quite know why, but there's something about it that makes me smile. This was the first movie which i saw Justin Long in, and this is the movie that made me enjoy his roles as an actor, he has come a long way since this movie.

There's nothing spectacular about this movie, it has a nice little plot, characters, and some pretty cool scenes as well.

One thing i'd like to say is about the last scene in the movie, it really makes me smile, the way Justin goes about the scene is just great, it's just a really heartwarming scene.

If you haven't seen this movie, i recommend you check it out, if you just want to watch a entertaining movie for an hour and a half, check this one out.

Good idea, i'll do that.

Crank 2 -

Debating to see this or not, people were saying it wouldn't be that good, and then seeing all of the good reviews on IMDB and other websites, i thought i would check it out. I must say, it lived up to my expectations, i thought this was as good as the first one.

It was nice to see the original characters and not just adding random new ones. Young Chev was a great character.

If you have seen the first, check this out, you won't be dissapointed, hopefully they don't make a third, i think they should stop here.

Overall, check this out if your a fan of Jason and the first Crank movie.

but dude if they do a 3rd its GONNA BE IN 3D

they should do that THEN stop

Waiting -

I picked this movie up on the off chance it would be good, i saw the cast list and noticed Justin Long, made me instantly want to see it. A must say, i was very impressed, it was a great comedy movie.

When i first picked up the DVD i noticed a few actors i like, but as it got into the movie it had some more great actors i enjoy such as Dane Cook.

It was very funny to see what they did to the people who bitch at them in the restaurant, the first lady who was a bitch to them played the role perfectly, it was good like when you see someone complaining about everything in a bar or restaurant.

Overall, this was a fun little movie, with some great actors and fun story line, check it out if you find it cheap in your local store.

Crank -

After watching the first one earlier, i said it my review that this one is about the same if not a little bit better, now i can say this with confidence that this one is a little bit better, there's something about it that made me like it better.

I think the story line in this one is better than the second, and a pretty good way to open the series. It would have been good to to stop at the end of this movie, but at least they didn't ruin it with a crappy sequel.

Overall, this is a good movie, pretty entertaining, lets just hope they don't ruin the movies with more and more sequels.

well as i said i DO wanna see the 3D crank film they should do that THEN stop