What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

i just saw the movie TAKEN, i enjoyed it fully but i thought it was very disturbing to think that situations like that actually happen i dont want to ruin it for anyone. i knew things such as that happened but it really open my eyes to those situations.

the ring???
saw???? those were mostly funny

Here you go:
- Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom. This movie has scarred me for life.
- Destricted. Not violent and I kind of liked it but reaaaaaally really weird.
- Cannibal Holocaust. They kill animals for real in this movie. Just knowing this, it disturbs you... Otherwise I actually liked the final message that was delivered.
- and finally... Spiderman 3. because the image of the emo Peter Parker will never escape my mind...

And please tell me how is "kids" disturbing? It's so natural, it's probably one of the best movies I have ever seen.

A very disturbing film to me was "Mysterious Skin"

And please tell me how is "kids" disturbing? It's so natural, it's probably one of the best movies I have ever seen.
While I understand where you're coming from, I think a lot of people were 'disturbed' by what they saw in Kids. Not, so much, because of what they actually saw, but precisely because it was so natural and 'real'.

As for 120 Days of Sodom, I have to say, that's one of the most boring films I've ever seen. It didn't disgust or repulse me, just bored me like a Kubrick creation.

how about clockwork orange?

Requiem for a dream and Gummo are the only ones I can think of right now

umm heres some, saving private ryan the battle on the beach
ichi the killer
romper stomper, which is pure sickkk
american history x
Heavenly Creatures
and a movie once that portrayed the ku klux clan cant remember the name but was disturbing and had racist moments
full metal jacket had some disturbing moments
bad biology
bad taste

The Ox-Bow Incident with Henry Fonda is one of the most disturbing movies ever filmed.

Chien Andalou - Luis Buñuel

Yup, Birth of a Nation is up there, I always get a kick out of how Griffith followed it up with a film called Intolerance. Didn't I mention this already along with Triumph of the Will? Back when I first joined and I realized very early how helpful Mark was.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

After browsing through most of these pages i was suprised no one mentioned Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door. I saw this movie about 3 months ago and refuse to ever watch it again. I'm always on the prowl for a movie that will give me that uneasy feeling after watching it. The feeling i had after seeing this film stayed with me for days. If you haven't seen it I highly reccomend it. Other than that some other favorites that truly screwed up my head were:

-Ken Park
-Gummo
-Kids
-Boys Dont Cry
-The Shining
-The Hills Have Eyes (mainly the rape scene)
-An Amercian Crime

I think 90% of these responses are just absolutely terrible. All those people that listed run of the mill horror flicks as disturbing made me laugh.

Anyways, here's a few of my picks;
Salo (of course)
Irreversible
Monster
American Me
Bully
Henry (Portrait of a Serial Killer)
Ken Park

- Requiem for a Dream
- Monster
- Kalifornia
- Superhero Movie
- The Hills Have Eyes
That what I remember now

I wouldn't call it the most disturbing film, but The Quiet (starring Elisha Cuthbert) involves a biological father-daughter sexual relationship--a willing relationship by both parties--among other things, such as people proclaiming their deepest, darkest secrets to a girl they think is deaf. In their eyes, it's a way of getting things "off their chest" but still keeping their secrets secret.

It's a pretty dark, twisted movie. But I love it.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

The films Burn, La Numba, and Slumdog Millionaire are right up there, imho.

Although I've only seen small parts of the film Rachel: An American Conscience, without even seeing the whole film, I think that this film is also rather disturbing.