What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
I just thought it'd be cool if we tabbed what we're listening to once in awhile...
Right now, I'm listening to a Black Crowes album; Three Snakes and One Charm.
Track 5 is Blackberry:
"I said hey Blackberry, look at my bumble bee."

Right now: nothing. But if I were listening to music, it'd be REMOVED SUPER EMBARRASSING SONG A DECADE LATER, and, most likely, Pearl Jam's Jeremy or Blues Traveler's Hook.

A little Doobie Bros. action at present...

"She had a place in his life
He never made her think twice
As he rises to her apology
anybody else would surely know
he's watchin' her go

But what a fool believes he sees
No wise man has the power to reason away..."

Anybody ever see Tommy Davidson's stand-up routine where he does a pitch-perfect Michael McDonald impression? Great stuff.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
For me, while I'm sittin' here postin...I gotta have an album on. I can't be switchen songs and artists like that...
I want to play the whole thing through. I love that...when an album is good enough to put on, and just let it ride...

EDIT I love the Doobies, Michael McDonald has a great voice.
( I sorta had a crush on him back in the day; that gray hair--some men wear it so well.)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm usually listening to whatever I have in my winamp playlist, or "watching" a movie. I put watching in quotations because I'm usually glancing back and fourth unless it's a movie I haven't seen.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

You know how we have the 'mood' thing?
We should have one that, when you post, shows under your avatar and stats etc. the words:

Now Playing:

And the song/album title in italics.
It'd have to be changed a bit for it to work (what with songs not taking too long and the need, therefore to always change the title), but it'd be pretty cool, no?

Originally posted by sadesdrk
For me, while I'm sittin' here postin...I gotta have an album on. I can't be switchen songs and artists like that...
I want to play the whole thing through. I love that...when an album is good enough to put on, and just let it ride...
Well, I've got burned CDs and playlists and such, so I don't have to go switchin' much. I wish more albums were of that variety, though. I've only got a handful I can play straight through without feeling the intense urge to skip ahead at least once or twice.

EDIT: indeed. In fact, as Sadie will surely confirm, I had such an idea a few months back...but never acted on it. Think there'd be enough interest?

Originally posted by Holden Pike
A little Doobie Bros. action at present...
my text is bold......and d's look like b's......hence i thought holden said he loves the Boobie Bros.
.......hunh, ......sades seems to like them too, i should check them out.

me? i'm ray charles all the way tonight.......and i've been james tayloring it a lot lately.

There'd be enough interest, yes.
Besides, there wasn't much interest except from me for a shouting smilie and you've won my friendship, love and money...

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti

.......and i've been james tayloring it a lot lately.
Taylor on, baby...

right now i'm listening to boards of canada.

"Fabricated American"
Latest 3 MP3's in my Winamp:

Tenacious D - Jesus Ranch
Trik Turner - Temptation
Mary Lou Lord - Camden Town Rain

-GTB

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm listening to a bootleg CD my mom gave me to listen to...
all the music buffs will know them:
Sons of Chaplin
They boogie!

Right now it's the Gourds' Dem's Good Beeble.

Oh trampled by the sun
Oh sexless for days
Oh and I sweat gardenias
Oh sexless for days

I may be under valour's feet
I'm not scared to be a coward
unless I'm drunk and missing for days

-from "Trampled By The Sun"

Now With Moveable Parts
Natalie Merchant's Ophelia

" I know it will hurt (I know it will hurt) I know it will break your heart the way things are...and the way they've been; and the way they've always been."
~Break Your Heart

I'm listening to "Jesus, etc." by Wilco right now.

Movie themes!
my two favs are American beauty and Duel of the Fates.... Requiem, unbreakable are up there too.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Beethoven - Ave Maria

Not kidding here. Just downloaded it today.