The Ups and Downs of Your Day Tab

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Highlights Yesterday
*PMing it with Mary Lo. This is one funny lady, people.

*Yahooing with Chris. Always good company and you're welcome.

*Lounging around at the lake with some friends of mine. We painted each other's toes and and laughed till my sides ached.

Lowlights
A good friend of mine has been sick. I haven't talked to him or spent any time with him in awhile. I miss him.

*PMing it with Mary Lo. This is one funny lady, people.
Mary L.
Make me smile all the time!!
Right back at both o' youse.

Today's gonna be interesting--T-roy's first shower since Tuesday morning. You guys can probably smell him from here...

rain rain go away come again another day..........

so how many campers do you suppose there are bumming about their holiday weather??.....memorial day tradition around here......crappy weather.

.........ran in the rain.....steady rain, puddlemania, windy and only 40-something degrees.....mud all over my shins, cool little-girl-sidekick singing as we went.

how cool is that? i'm lucky she's a tough little cookie.

silver.....running? hurrah!! now i'm really scared of you.
... and chris...congratulations man!...we'll need a full body shot soon. what next.....mofo poses? mofo olympics?

gtb- i too, left a seven year relationship.....and then it took me seven years to get over him but we didn't have the benefit of mutually "talking it through". i just freaked and bolted and then drowned in regret and remorse.

if you want to talk about it, you can bend my ears- although one of them has a little piece missing from a motorcycle crash, it is still bendable and proffered.

sorry you're struggling.

Now With Moveable Parts
Highlights:
Gotta Birthday Surprise today from an unsuspected source. I was very, very shocked. You, sir, did a good job of knocking my socks off. I'm impressed. Thanks again, you're a sweetie-pooh.

"Fabricated American"
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
I feel for you, Greg. (insert sympathetic Smilie here)
Thanks Mary Lo, I appreciate it

Originally posted by patti
if you want to talk about it, you can bend my ears...sorry you're struggling.
Thanks patti, you're the best

Forgot sun block and got sunburned from sitting on the tarmac all day. ouch.

-GTB

Thanks again, you're a sweetie-pooh.
Think nothing of it. I aim to please.

Highlight:
Claiming credit for things that have nothing to do with me.
I'm such a good person...

Now With Moveable Parts

You so cra-zay.

Highlights: most of the day to myself. Peace. Quiet. Being called a freak. Eating well, and enjoying it. Watching a great movie. The feeling you can only get from caring about someone else, instead of yourself (people should try it more often).

A highlight from yesterday: pushing a shopping cart around, and not being able to hold back a big smile when I hear Van Morrison come on over the speakers.

my brand fricken new "might as well be made of gold" jogger stroller rolled away from me as i was cheering on some marathon runners at the 13 mile mark. the wind gave a push, the stroller took off, down the bike path of its own accord, angling as it went, down a five foot bank, and kerplunk into the lake.
my kiddo was horrified and screaming......she wasn't in the stroller, she was standing next to me to wave at runners. but she saw her blankie floating and her juicy cup bobbing along, and was temporarily traumatized.
the stroller is way out of my budget but it'll last......that is if i take care of it......the main warning in the owners manual is DO NOT SUBMERGE. sheeeeeiiiit .

the absolutely best weather in the history of the universe, without a doubt the epitamy of perfection.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Highlight:
Spending some time with my girlfriend. Getting to know her family more. Driving the 2002 Chevy Avalanche my dad was trying out, having money.

Lowlight:
Trying to download a rather large file and it keeps disconnecting me from the internet when it gets close to being done. Getting screwed on a game I bought. Being sore as hell from the excercises we had to do at the military testing facility.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Funny Moment:
Watching a British television show called Stella Street. It's basically a real home-movie styled mockumentary about a street upon which many a famous person, British or not, have come to live. They have two guys playing all the characters; Brando, Pacino, Caine, Nicholson and a collection of local people who work for them. This evening the cleaner, Mrs. Huggins, started working for an evil guy straight out of a James Bond film and she tells the police about his evil plans and Michael Caine comes to save her. He's driving through Torquay and he stops in front of some people:

CAINE:
Do you know this woman?

GUY:
Yeah, that's Mrs. Huggins, she works up there at the leisure center. Hey, are you Michael Caine?

CAINE:
Yeah, so, what's it matter?

GUY:
You've dropped your standards a bit haven't you? Look at this car...

CAINE:
Yeah, well, you'd know all about that wouldn't you, you anonymous middle-class bastard?

In writing, perhaps it isn't too funny, but excuse me for laughing.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
Being sore as hell from the excercises we had to do at the military testing facility.
Are you going to tell us when exactly you're leaving? We'll need to say goodbye to you properly.

* still haven't heard from that sick friend, and I don't know how else to get a hold of him besides this blasted computer. Dammit. I'm worried and I don't want to be...I'm sure it's nothing.

um...
Highlights:
Unfortunately, these are secondary to the lowlight above, because being worried occupies a lot of thought...but I got a list of quotes from a friend, via email...cheered me right up. Thank you.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by sadesdrk
Are you going to tell us when exactly you're leaving? We'll need to say goodbye to you properly.
I got disqualified due to a knee injury...as soon as I see a doctor and IF he says I'm alright, I'll go back up and try again. Right now, I have nothing to tell ya.

* still haven't heard from that sick friend, and I don't know how else to get a hold of him besides this blasted computer. Dammit. I'm worried and I don't want to be...I'm sure it's nothing.
I hope so, girlfriend. (again, the phantom sympathetic Smilie) When your friends are sick, and you can't take care of them, it's the worst.

Spud, what you need to do is get some guy you know who's really healthy, and then you get him to pee in a cup, and then you hide the cup in your pants and take it into the test with you, and...

Wait--that's how to pass a urine test. A knee injury would be more tricky...

But seriously, folks--good luck on the next go 'round, Spudly.

Now With Moveable Parts
I hope so, girlfriend. (again, the phantom sympathetic Smilie) When your friends are sick, and you can't take care of them, it's the worst.
*sniff* I know.

Wait--that's how to pass a urine test. A knee injury would be more tricky...

EDIT

I have a highlight: I went to my mom and dad's for a Memorial Day- cook-out-dad's-birthday-celebration-thingie...and my parents gave me an early birthday present...

A Black Crowes poster from Germany!!
it's got all the cool, weird, German words on it and Chris Robinson looks like a total pimp...I love it. My parents are the coolest.

Highlights: salad. I really like salad. And finding an old t-shirt I thought I'd lost. And watching 12 Angry Men.

Lowlights: a missed opportunity. And it's really freakin' hot out.

I bought a bunch of new **** today. I bought 3 dvds, 3 cds, and 3 books. Today's been ok.

Highlights: I can't even find the words.
??

I'll be back in one-hour-and-a-half.
PM me.