Lesbian Vampire Killers

Tools    

The two guys (Matthew Horne and James Corden) that appear at the end of the trailer are currently in the decent award winning BBC1 sit com Gavin & Stacy. It looks to me like they may be attempting to go down the Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright post Spaced route with this.

I'm afraid that's everything that's worrying me about the film UF. I love Gavin & Stacey, but I love it as a whole and, like many comedies with four central characters, it's the two 'others' (usually the friends, Nessa & Smithy in this) that are the best, most interesting characters. I've seen Matthew Horne and James Corden doing their stand-up act and it's horrible. I can only hope that their, upcoming, sketch show is better. It'll have to be much, much better than their stand up, however, before it even gets close to funny, let alone anything approaching brilliant. It'll also help if it turns out that James Corden is the better writer between himself and Ruth Jones (Nessa, and co-writer of Gavin & Stacey.)

The Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright comparison is a worry, though of lesser concern, as I didn't like the stuff they did on tv, so I was always less likely to like their films.

I'm afraid that's everything that's worrying me about the film UF. I love Gavin & Stacey, but I love it as a whole and, like many comedies with four central characters, it's the two 'others' (usually the friends, Nessa & Smithy in this) that are the best, most interesting characters. I've seen Matthew Horne and James Corden doing their stand-up act and it's horrible. I can only hope that their, upcoming, sketch show is better. It'll have to be much, much better than their stand up, however, before it even gets close to funny, let alone anything approaching brilliant. It'll also help if it turns out that James Corden is the better writer between himself and Ruth Jones (Nessa, and co-writer of Gavin & Stacey.)

The Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright comparison is a worry, though of lesser concern, as I didn't like the stuff they did on tv, so I was always less likely to like their films.
Yeah, I saw the televised Amnesty International gig they appeared on and agree their stand up is painfully unfunny. I also concur with you that they're not the best thing about Gavin & Stacy either (I think Rob Brydon steals that show).

Lesbian Vampire Killers
(Roman Polanski anyone?) actually sounds more like something Lloyd Kaufman's Troma would come up with, which doesn't bode well. I also think the trailer looks crap (in a bad way) and doubt the film will contain any of the wit and originality of the Pegg/Frost/Wright output. To me it looks more on a par with Jake West's 2005 crapathon Evil Aliens; guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'll be honest, the first time I heard about this film, the first thing that sprang to mind was The Cottage. Maybe it was because it'd just been released, but, by Christ, that looked shockingly bad.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Obviously, the first time I saw this, I thought of Vampiros Lesbos (
).

This is still the best representation of that silly flick I can find.

Obviously, the first time I saw this, I thought of Vampiros Lesbos (
).

This is still the best representation of that silly flick I can find.

Ha, Vampiros Lesbos is a terrible film but the soundtrack is pure class.

Yeah I saw the new trailer. It looks like quite a quirky movie. Super b gade rulez

The Adventure Starts Here!
See, I've been avoiding this thread simply due to its subject title ... because I couldn't figure out if it was about vampire killers who are lesbians ... or vampire killers who kill vampires who are lesbians.

Will I want to throw up if I watch any of those links or YouTube videos? Because, like, I kinda do already.

Dude, it was a joke. And mostly about the icky vampire blood stuff I might see.

(I assume you knew that, SC, and are just funnin' me. In which case I'll give you some rep love for the good laugh just now.)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
My Youtube video post has one "discreet" kiss and a drop of blood hanging from a lip, a little bit of touching, along with a lot of walking around and one vampire writhing clothed on the floor. I'd rate it PG. The movie itself shows more, but actually not as much as somebody might expect.

Thanks for the added info, mark. I'm used to watching episodes of "True Blood," so this sounds tame. It's just that every so often I feel squeamish if I don't expect something or see it coming.

Will watch it now.

Okay, both clips (OP's and mark's) were pretty amusing, actually. Gotta love the hot pink "horror" font in the teaser trailer.

Not enough actual vampires in your clip, mark.

A system of cells interlinked