Reading Tab

Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
I read this last year and was floored. I need to re-read it, though...
Yay i read it for a class and a bunch of people in it dislike it because it's 'boring' but that could also be because they're 17 =\ Just everything he says in that book is so...=o i have so many things highlighted in it i'm excited to read it again i bet i'm going to catch so many more things

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I am reading such an amazing book and am totally sucked in the book is called Imagica by Clive Barker ( I think )
I loved that book. Have you read The Great and Secret Show? If you haven't I highly recommend that you do. It's my favorite by Barker.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
The Right Mistake by Walter Mosley was a really good book for me. It is very thought provoking. I've read all of his books so far and only disliked a very few. He is a great philosopher, observer and writer.

Did anybody tried readin Agatha Christie novels? She is a fantaastic writer.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Eat, Pray, Love was a strange book for me. Has anyone else read it? If so would you like to discuss it?

You ready? You look ready.
I read this last year and was floored. I need to re-read it, though...

Doesn't make me like the film more, though. Not a big fan of Apoc Now... It's not a bad movie, by any stretch, just not one I am over the moon about...
I hated The Heart of Darkness. That and The God of Small Things pretty much sealed the deal on me *not* wanting to major in English.

As for my recent reading...it's brilliant.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Loved Heart of Darkness. Seeing as Blade Runner is your #2 movie John, have you read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood. It was a good read, but not something I loved. I would have rather the book stayed in her childhood more, as the other stages of her life I did not enjoy so much.

very very thought provoking. 10/10

Annie Proulx - Close range - fantastic collection of short stories from the harsh plains of Wyoming

The farthest shore - Ursula K. Le Guin - just started it, the third in the Earthsea series of fantasy novels. I loved the first two...thanks for recommending it guys...

You ready? You look ready.
Loved Heart of Darkness. Seeing as Blade Runner is your #2 movie John, have you read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
No, I have not. I will eventually get to it, though.

As for my current reading:

I just finished Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut and loved it, like the two other books of his I have read. These being Slaughterhouse Five (one of my favourite books) and Cat's Cradle (excellent as well), but I think I'm going to go on a Vonnegut marathon and read as many of his books that I can get my hands on. It shouldn't take too long, they are quick reads, I think it took me 6 hours and I was done Breakfast. Although the next I'm going to read Under the Volcano by Malcolm Lowry, it came very highly recommended to me.

I just finished Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut and loved it,
I love that book too. Make sure you include Dead-Eye Dick in yourVonnegut marathon.

Thanks Godoggo, looked it up and I'll be checking it out for sure, sounds weird and interesting, like all of his books, always original.

Next up for me are:
House of the Dead - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Survivor - Chuck Palahniuk
Hocus Pocus - Kurt Vonnegut

The last few I've read are:
Watchmen - Alan Moore
Darkness at Noon - Arthur Koestler
The Secret Agent - Joseph Conrad
Choke - Chuck Palahniuk

*I just finished Choke about half an hour ago, excellent book. Has anyone read the book and seen the movie, and if so was the movie a decent adaptation?